User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2022, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Cancelled - Tysons tonight

CANCELLED - Tysons tonight
Due to unforeseen circumstances and out of an abundance of caution, we must cancel tonight’s Lindsey Buckingham show due to members of the touring party testing positive for Covid. All tickets will be refunded. We hope Lindsey will be back in Town soon!
Lindsey Buckingham is one of the most inventive and electrifying musicians of his generation. His instinct for melody and his singular fingerpicking guitar style are showcased on the seven studio and three live albums he has released as a solo artist, beginning with 1981’s Law and Order and continuing through 2021’s Lindsey Buckingham, his first solo release since 2011’s Seeds We Sow. Entertainment Weekly called the new album "a California pop-rock meditation that draws on his Golden State roots and probes what Buckingham knows best: the intricacies of relationships” and named it one of the year’s 10 best, while Newsweek hailed it for featuring "all the recognizable elements of his sound: melodic hooks, intricate production, multilayered vocals, and shimmering guitar." Buckingham debuted the new material on a 2021 North American tour, during which Glide praised his live guitar playing as “captivating and flawless.”
Over the last four decades, Buckingham has developed a radical sense of experimentation and an unrivaled savvy as a producer, skills he first honed as a singer, guitarist, songwriter, producer, and the musical visionary of Fleetwood Mac, where he wrote and produced several Top Ten hits, including “Go Your Own Way” and “Big Love.” Under Buckingham’s direction, Fleetwood Mac became one of the best-selling and most beloved rock groups of all time. As a solo artist, Buckingham often plays nearly every instrument himself; his complex arrangements and inventive production choices make his solo work thrilling to experience. In 2020, he appeared on The Killers’ single “Caution” and last year joined Halsey to perform her single ‘’Darling’’ on “Saturday Night Live.” He remains a highly sought-after collaborator, a maverick, and a visionary.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2022, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my goodness.
Was anybody in Charlottesville last night?

I watched a video of Trouble from Keswick, Pennsylvania and it sounded like Lindsey had a little coughing issue during a chorus. I hope Lindsey feels good.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Oh my goodness.
Was anybody in Charlottesville last night?

I watched a video of Trouble from Keswick, Pennsylvania and it sounded like Lindsey had a little coughing issue during a chorus. I hope Lindsey feels good.
i was in Cville last night.

someone must have tested positive this morning (or i guess last night after the show?).

Louisville is now cancelled too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2022, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I watched a video of Trouble from Keswick, Pennsylvania
Keswick show was spectacular, i was really happy that i was there to experience it!

i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, he's been touring since September. lucky it didn't happen sooner!

i just hope UK/Europe is still happening as planned.

Old 04-28-2022, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Keswick show was spectacular, i was really happy that i was there to experience it!

i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, he's been touring since September. lucky it didn't happen sooner!

i just hope UK/Europe is still happening as planned.
The Keswick videos I saw had very good vocals for GYOW and ISA. Most of Trouble was too, but did you notice that cough like moment? I felt bad for him since it seemed like he was in pain.

Any idea what happened to Brett?
Old 04-29-2022, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh my goodness.
I saw on a different forum that Lindsey’s guitar tech confirmed Lindsey does have Covid. If that’s true, you have great observation, UnwindedDreams! Hopefully Lindsey will recover quickly with zero side effects.
Old 04-29-2022, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 04-29-2022, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.kait8.com/2022/04/29/che...0FxKdhmql7njKA

Chevelle & Lindsey Buckingham drop out of BSMF due to COVID-19

What you need to know about parking during Beale Street Music Festival
By Hannah Wallsmith
Published: Apr. 29, 2022 at 11:20 AM EDT|Updated: 1 hours ago

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - Two performers announced Friday they will not be performing this weekend at Beale Street Music Festival.

BSMF spokesperson said in a social media post that Chevelle and Lindsey Buckingham have both tested positive for COVID-19 and will not be performing.

Chevelle was scheduled to perform Saturday and Buckingham on Sunday.

BSMF says they will have more announcements regarding lineups soon.

On Monday, the band Modest Mouse had canceled their BSMF performance also due to a positive COVID test but has since tested negative and will be performing.

Old 04-29-2022, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Holy smokes. So Lindsey may've been suffering from COVID symptoms during the shows this week
Old 04-29-2022, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Get well, Lindsey!

I feel bad for those who'd planend to attend the Beale Street Festival to see him. I think it's the second time Lindsey's had to pull out.
Old 04-29-2022, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Get well, Lindsey!

I feel bad for those who'd planend to attend the Beale Street Festival to see him. I think it's the second time Lindsey's had to pull out.
I don't think he withdrew before; I am recalling the festival was supposed to happen in April 2020 which is when he was going to return to touring but COVID-19 came.

I think his set was going to be quite short at this festival. He wasn't a headliner.

I hope he takes good care of himself. Get that fourth shot, LB!
Old 04-29-2022, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Get well, Lindsey!

yep, Beale is jinx for Lindsey. first time in 2019 he had a heart attack and had to pull out, then in 2020 and 2021 festival was cancelled for COVID, and now he has to pull out because of COVID.

Old 04-29-2022, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yep, Beale is jinx for Lindsey. first time in 2019 he had a heart attack and had to pull out, then in 2020 and 2021 festival was cancelled for COVID, and now he has to pull out because of COVID.
The Lord is trying to tell him Memphis is Billy Burnette’s town.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-30-2022, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Old 04-30-2022, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, these are bad news...
I hope Lindsey has a very speedy recovery!!!