golden state theatre
monterey, ca
road trip!!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-15-2022, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yep. as is Ithaca, i think. and i'm happy with the PA/VA/OH dates too. some are very close to where he played in sept.

here are currently listed dates (i'm sure Chicago will pop back up in the near future) -

TUE, APR 12 UPTOWN THEATRE NAPA NAPA, CA
WED, APR 13 GOLDEN STATE THEATRE MONTEREY, CA
FRI, APR 15 LOBERO THEATRE SANTA BARBARA, CA
TUE, APR 19 PARAMOUNT THEATRE DENVER, CO
FRI, APR 22 KENT STAGE KENT, OH
SUN, APR 24 STATE THEATRE OF ITHACA ITHACA, NY
MON, APR 25 KESWICK THEATRE GLENSIDE, PA
WED, APR 27 THE PARAMOUNT THEATER CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
SAT, APR 30 THE KENTUCKY CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS LOUISVILLE, KY

and then there is Memphis TN that will be either Apr 29 or May 1st, and St Charles/Chicago that i guess will be April 21 or maybe day before.

so pretty nice little run, about 12 dates if not a few more on west coast and maybe Vegas.
Quote:
update, today-added dates:

THU, APR 7 ALADDIN THEATER PORTLAND, OR
SUN, APR 10 NEPTUNE THEATRE SEATTLE, WA

SAT, APR 16 HARRAH'S LAKE TAHOE STATELINE, NV

THU, APR 28 CAPITAL ONE HALL TYSONS, VA
Quote:
another date:

SAT, APR 9 BING CROSBY THEATER SPOKANE, WA
2 more dates (including Chicago date coming back):

APRIL 5, 2022 PALACE OF FINE ARTS SAN FRANCISCO, CA

APRIL 21, 2022 NORTH SHORE CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS SKOKIE, IL

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-19-2022, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is Lindsey performing at Beale Street Music Festival on April 29?
Old 02-26-2022, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just bought tickets for concert in Berlin. Im curious. I´ve never been on Lindsey´s solo concert. Looking froward to it .

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 02-27-2022, 06:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I just bought tickets for concert in Berlin. Im curious. I´ve never been on Lindsey´s solo concert. Looking froward to it .
You'll love it. I'm not religious, but attending a Lindsey concert causes almost religious feelings for me... he is so into the performance.
Old 02-27-2022, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo View Post
You'll love it. I'm not religious, but attending a Lindsey concert causes almost religious feelings for me... he is so into the performance.
Definitely. He almost appears to be someone trying to break into the biz by working overtime on stage. Usually senior rock stars don't go to such lengths to prove themselves on stage. His set is quite long too. He is loving every moment of it and not just playing the songs. Really something to see.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Is Lindsey performing at Beale Street Music Festival on April 29?
Beale St Music Festival lineup says Lindsey is playing May 1 and his website says Friday April 29. My goodness how lazy are his people not to make the change.
Old 04-24-2022, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

more reviews...

https://www.independent.com/2022/04/...BTGxxjze4FqGe8

Review | Lindsey Buckingham at the Lobero
Former Fleetwood Mac Star in Santa Barbara on April 15

By Josef Woodard
Tue Apr 19, 2022 | 3:33pm

Lindsey Buckingham | Credit: David Bazemore

What makes Lindsey Buckingham such a unique figure in pop history, even verging on the oft-misused superlative of “pop genius”? His generous and career-spanning concert at the Lobero on Friday, April 15, offered many clues. From early Fleetwood Mac hits “Go Your Own Way” and “Tusk” — highlights of this concert — up through last year’s impressive, eponymous solo album, Buckingham has deftly juggled hooks, polish, and also quirks. When he musters up grit in his vocal tone or takes off on distortion-laden guitar flights, we rarely get the sense that he’s baring his soul or channeling rock and roll angst; pop craft and artistic control trump sheer abandon.

Part of a run of smaller venue dates before heading to much larger venues in Europe, Buckingham’s Lobero concert also came equipped with extra layers of emotional underscoring. This was an eagerly awaited, pandemic-delayed tour. Additionally, since his 2018 Arlington concert with Christine McVie, Buckingham has been dismissed from Fleetwood Mac and endured emergency heart surgery and a near-divorce.

But at the Lobero, the lean and lithe Buckingham, now 72, delivered a powerful — and polished — show with his most excellent quartet. He tapped into his small but high-quality solo discography, firing up “Trouble,” “Soul Drifter,” and the new “I Don’t Mind” (a prime example of his artful way with a pop hook). Though mostly playing his delay-lathered acoustic-electric guitars, Buckingham took the occasion of the tune “I’m So Afraid” to lay out one of his tasteful, climactic, and epic electric solos towards the show’s end.

The concert also had two pivotal moments of particular poignancy. One came with his closing tune, the new “Time,” a lovely variation on the theme of Sandy Dennis’s mortality-wise anthem “Who Knows Where the Time Goes?” The other moving moment came with his slowed-down and radically reinvented version of the Mac tune “Never Going Back Again.” Suddenly, Buckingham seemed to pull away from the craft factor and bare his soul for a few minutes. A mid-show standing ovation was in order.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2022, 05:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice review, thank you for posting.

Is it known what happened to Brett?

It's obvious he won't do any U.S. dates. Wonder if he's going to join them in Europe.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The concert also had two pivotal moments of particular poignancy. One came with his closing tune, the new “Time,” a lovely variation on the theme of Sandy Dennis’s mortality-wise anthem “Who Knows Where the Time Goes?”

“Time” is more akin to “Tequila Sunrise” than Sandy Denny’s/Fairport Convention’s “Who Knows Where The Time Goes.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-26-2022, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

“Time” is more akin to “Tequila Sunrise” than Sandy Denny’s/Fairport Convention’s “Who Knows Where The Time Goes.”
And none of those have anything to do with Sandy Dennis!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-26-2022, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
road trip!!
did you go?

i just roadtripped to north of Philly show yesterday and it was fantastic - the front rows dancing on and off starting from the second song, the whole audience on their feet, singing and dancing from Tusk on, Lindsey feeding off crowd energy, and not to mention - Michael Urbano, man, he's such amazing fit for this band!

Old 04-26-2022, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
And none of those have anything to do with Sandy Dennis!
Yes. Sandy Denny was definitely not Sandy Dennis.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-28-2022, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

very interesting, although very personal review -

Old 04-30-2022, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

not sure whether we posted this already... landed in my inbox so here it is:

https://martineztribune.com/2022/04/...to-the-palace/

Buckingham brings his Mac attack and more to the Palace
Daniel Gluskoter 3 weeks ago Arts and Entertainment, Featured Leave a comment

BY DANIEL GLUSKOTER

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Lindsey Buckingham kicked off the opening night of the third leg of his solo tour with a nearly two hour set at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco Tuesday night.

Twice delayed, first by emergency open heart surgery and later by the Covid pandemic, the 72-year old former Fleetwood Mac guitarist and vocalist born in Palo Alto is touring in support of his seventh solo album, a self-titled effort released late last year. Taking the stage to a polite ovation, he indicated that the evening’s performance was also unexpectedly jeopardized when keyboardist Brett Tuggle became ill at the last minute, but he and his touring band consisting of guitarist Neale Heywood, keyboardist Michael Kiyokaand drummer Michael Urbano decided to soldier on without him to the relief of those in attendance.

©DANIEL GLUSKOTER
Lindsey Buckingham performs Tuesday night at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco in his first concert appearance of 2022.
Lindsey Buckingham the album is a swift, largely enjoyable 37 minute effort that’s quite upbeat throughout most of its ten songs. Written, produced, and recorded by Buckingham at his home studio in Los Angeles, the artist has stated that his goal was to create a pop album with “songs that resemble art more than pop.” Some have referred to it as the album that broke up Fleetwood Mac, indicating that it created a conflict within the band when Buckingham requested that Mac delay their upcoming tour so that he’d have time to promote his solo release, though that narrative remains in dispute with different members of the iconic band. What isn’t in dispute was that Buckingham made it abundantly clear how much he enjoys leaving the politics behind when he’s touring with those who joined him Tuesday night on the Palace stage.

To many, the show played out as if it were two separate performances. The slower paced first half featured mainly cuts that Buckingham had released in earlier phases of his solo career, while the more upbeat conclusion concentrated on tracks popularized by his tenure with Mac in addition to a handful of lively tracks from his latest effort. Opening with “Not Too Late” from 2006’s Under The Skin, he dug deep into his catalog for his first six songs before the backing band left the stage to him alone to allow him to present a four song acoustic set.

Following “Shut Us Down,’ another track from Under The Skin, Buckingham introduced his 1981 single “Trouble,” one of his best known solo compositions, in hushed tones that could best be described as a whisper before livening up his delivery midway into the song. From that point forward it was as if another artist had taken the stage as an onslaught of Fleetwood Mac and primarily upbeat new solo cuts would pleasantly dominate the remainder of the show. The first two Mac songs of the evening, “Never Going Back Again” and “Big Love,” complete with his trademark jingle-jangly guitar riffs concluded the brief acoustic interlude.

©DANIEL GLUSKOTER
Lindsey Buckingham performs Tuesday night at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco in support of his new self-titled solo album.
With the band back in tow for the second half of the show, the guitarist proceeded to introduce material from his latest effort for the first time, starting with “Scream,” the album’s opening cut. “I Don’t Mind,” it’s lead single, followed, before the highly infectious “On The Wrong Side,” a track that would’ve fit in nicely on Tango In The Night or any of a handful of other Mac albums, preceded the artsy production of “Swan Song” to finish the 15 minute mini set. It was a welcome sign that unlike some artists who feel the need the cram subpar new tracks down your throat it actually increased the quality of the setlist.

Leaving no doubt that he continues to embrace their tumultuous 45 year relationship, it’s obvious that Buckingham the artist is near impossible to separate from Fleetwood Mac. Closing out his set, he launched into an extended version of “Tusk” after “Second Hand News.” It might not have included the USC marching band that highlighted the original recording in 1979, but it was still one of the highlights of the evening and gave Buckingham’s new drummer Urbano a chance to shine. A former drummer with Smash Mouth, Third Eye Blind and Cracker among others, Urbano was playing his first live gig with the band after just meeting Buckingham for the first time a couple months ago. His performance was solid and unless Mick Fleetwood suddenly walks out on stage anytime soon he seems to have nailed the audition.

Buckingham next launched into an extended guitar solo on “I’m So Afraid” before closing with “Go Your Own Way.” A modest encore featuring “Love Is Here To Stay” from his fine 2017 collaboration with Mac mate Christine McVie followed before he concluded the festivities by covering “Time,” a nostalgic folksy Pozo-Seco Singers tune from the 60’s that also appears on his new album.

For those in the masses that are less acquainted with Buckingham’s solo material, his three CD 2018 Solo Anthology would be a great place to start. In the likely event you enjoy what you hear, the next logical step would be to pick up his latest.

Buckingham’s tour returns to the Bay Area with shows at the Uptown in Napa next Tuesday and the Golden State Theatre in Monterey the following day.