The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No way it was an accident. He lifted it.

But he knew what to do next: Change tempo and the entire feel of the song. Stevie just stayed in the same place.
Old 01-16-2023, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
Wow, that really is similar. Just more mellow in feeling. Stevie has done her share of lifting elements from other people's songs, so I doubt she minded. I think very few songs are completely original. Maybe none. Everyone derives inspiration from everything that came before.
Reminds me less of TWH than Eo17 reminds me of that Police song.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-16-2023, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jackson has been much more consistent in his songwriting . Stevie had about ten good years and then...

Old 01-17-2023, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Jackson has been much more consistent in his songwriting . Stevie had about ten good years and then...
Bella Donna is pure gold. WH is great. The end.
Old 01-17-2023, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Wild Heart frustrates me. Its a fine album but it could have been stellar. It seems Jimmy was steering for a more commercial type of album. Just a few tweaks and the album could have been better. The title track wonders. The reissue version is faster and rocks. There should have been a better combination of the two. I would replace Gate and Garden with All The Beautiful Worlds. I would have dropped Nightbird for Garbo. The album needed some acoustic guitar. I would also have used the outtake version of Sable on Blonde but shortened the ending.

Wild Heart - different recording
Nothing Ever Changes
All the beautiful worlds
I Will Run To you
Enchanted

Stand Back
If Anyone Falls
Garbo
Sable on Blonde
Beauty and the Beast

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-17-2023 at 07:54 AM..
Old 01-17-2023, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For Bella Donna Jimmy had Benmont Tench go through Stevie's material and search for what he liked best. Benmont discusses the assignment from 38:40-40:53 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hswqQUUhVYs

If he didn't, Jimmy should have again recruited Benmont (or someone similar) to do the same job on The Wild Heart.

Last edited by cbBen; 01-17-2023 at 01:13 PM..
Old 01-17-2023, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
For Bella Donna Jimmy had Benmont Tench go through Stevie's material and search for what he liked best. Benmont discusses the assignment from 38:40-40:53 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hswqQUUhVYs

If he didn't, Jimmy should have again recruited Benmont (or someone similar) to do the same job on The Wild Heart.
Yes. This is a great interview with Benmont. The guys interviewing him clearly aren't Stevie fans and almost start to go snarky about him, but realize he really likes her and catch themselves before the go too far.

On WH Stevie's ego (and drug use) had started to creep into her judgement... and instead of trusting Jimmy the way she did on BD she began to think she knew better
Old 01-18-2023, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Yes. This is a great interview with Benmont. The guys interviewing him clearly aren't Stevie fans and almost start to go snarky about him, but realize he really likes her and catch themselves before the go too far.

On WH Stevie's ego (and drug use) had started to creep into her judgement... and instead of trusting Jimmy the way she did on BD she began to think she knew better
Yes the drug use accelerated the ego boost. You are correct. It started with Wild Heart and crystalized with RAL where she would rent studios and never show up. Bella Donna is a work of art. Wild Heart is like Swiss cheese to me. There are a few holes in the work. A noble effort and there was still a little magic there. Bella Donna had pressure to be great. Wild Heart sort of had the hangover of tremendous success which hurt the effort. By the time RAL came along she was mailing it in.
Neat how Benmont was blown away by Silver Springs and almost was his inspiration to work with Stevie.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-18-2023 at 12:16 PM..