Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2022, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Cancellation Green Bay show

Here we go again. I hope he’s ok. I think he should cancel the tour and get the rest he needs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 792E5BE9-7371-419D-9C8B-35AA0447C6D8.jpg (83.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-01-2022, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...jlolefhy2s6rsl
Old 11-01-2022, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Best wishes for whomever is ill.
What is really upsetting is it was cancelled late this afternoon. That makes me think it's a COVID-19 case. Why cancel that close to the performance?
Old 11-01-2022, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He's playing my hometown this Thursday, and I almost changed my plans so I could be there. Not hoping it cancels, but I had a feeling, especially after Europe...
Old 11-03-2022, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tonight's show is cancelled as well. Clearly, there is a struggle to get to the finish line with this tour. I now think we are seeing the end of Lindsey as a touring entity. With the current states of John's and Christine's health, along with Lindsey now, I fear this is the finish line for the line up of a band that shaped and influnced multiple of genereations of listeners and players.

Despite the pre-recorded tracks, the diminished range and all the other factors that might have made the shows less than ideal to some, I will forever regret that we lost the opportunity to see the 5 on a farewell tour in 2018-2019.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Tonight's show is cancelled as well. Clearly, there is a struggle to get to the finish line with this tour. I now think we are seeing the end of Lindsey as a touring entity. With the current states of John's and Christine's health, along with Lindsey now, I fear this is the finish line for the line up of a band that shaped and influnced multiple of genereations of listeners and players.

Despite the pre-recorded tracks, the diminished range and all the other factors that might have made the shows less than ideal to some, I will forever regret that we lost the opportunity to see the 5 on a farewell tour in 2018-2019.
It was my hometown that canceled tonight(even though the FM Facebook group I follow called it Nashville TN. It's Nashville, INDIANA).

We know who's to blame for us not getting the final tour.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I guess we got our final tour without realising it, in 2015. I'm so glad I got to see the Rumours 5 - before the smirking started...
Old 11-04-2022, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I honestly don't know what to think at this point.

Everybody and their mother is catching the upper respiratory virus (not covid) that's been going around. It's kicking everyones butt for at least two weeks+

Is it Lindsey, is it somebody else in the band? Lindsey seems thinner than he ever has been and definitely a little subdued on stage. If it is him, is he struggling with long covid? Was somebody else sick in Europe and now he got sick this time?

If the cancellations in Europe were due to Lindsey's health, why would he opt to resume the US leg only a few weeks later? So many questions..
Old 11-06-2022, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey canceled five shows this month: Green Bay, Nashville, IN, Elkhart, IN, today in York, PA, and tomorrow in Huntington, NY.

Is the rest of the tour more than likely to be canceled now? Next show is this upcoming Wednesday in Port Chester, NY and then New London, CT on Thursday.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It was my hometown that canceled tonight(even though the FM Facebook group I follow called it Nashville TN. It's Nashville, INDIANA).

We know who's to blame for us not getting the final tour.
Nashville Indiana, which according to Wikipedia has a population of 1,200???
Old 11-08-2022, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Nashville Indiana, which according to Wikipedia has a population of 1,200???
It's been a tourist destination for a hundred years. The glaciers stopped there, so it's very hilly, with beautiful scenery. For decades there was a venue called The Little Nashville Opry, where Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn and everybody else played. The owner burned it down for insurance money, probably 15 years ago(didn't collect, as they knew it was arson, and she had a history of arson). But someone finally built The Brown County Music Center, which opened right as Covid hit. I think capacity is about 3k. I've only been to one show there(Christopher Cross), about a year ago. It's a beautiful venue. People come and spend the whole weekend in the town, to see a show there.

Oh yeah, there are also 4 wineries.... be still, my heart.