The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

................. that all said, i just hope Lindsey is on the mend, and he and the rest of the band / crew will have no long term disease consequences.

and that he can reschedule these postponed European dates. and that people can keep their tickets and don't have to go through all the strain of ticket buying again.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2022, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Sorry to hear this for the UK/Europe fans.

But of course it's not good going to a show if Lindsey is off his game.

It really is running rampant these days. At least the vaccinations and other treatments should keep Lindsey out of ICU. Here's to a full recovery for him and the other band/crew members.

If Stevie's doing the festival circuit maybe her turn is next.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gal...22/9714715002/

Lindsey Buckingham, Kelly Ripa, Stephen Colbert, more stars reveal COVID-19 diagnoses
32 PHOTOS
11:32 a.m. EDT May 12, 2022

With the 2021 vaccine push, 2022 has reckoned the return of crowded, maskless events, including those packed full of celebrities. But while COVID-19 deaths are down among Americans, cases and hospitalizaions are on the rise. When stars test positive, it often impacts movie production, TV shows, concerts and more.

Scroll through to see what celebrities are saying about testing positive for the virus, including Lindsey Buckingham, who had to postpone his European tour as the singer continues to recover from COVID-19.

"Along with other members of his band and crew, Lindsey contracted Covid-19 at the end of his latest North American tour, forcing that to end prematurely. Unfortunately he’s still recovering and has no choice but to move the upcoming tour to a later date,” his Twitter account announced on May 12, noting it was "heartbreaking."

Kelly Ripa posted about her positive COVID-19 test on her Instagram story May 9. "Thankfully I am vaccinated and boosted and today's show was already pre-taped last week. I am taking all necessary precautions and looking forward to returning to normal life as soon as the standard quarantine is over."
DAN MACMEDAN, DAN MACMEDAN-USA TODAY

On May 10, Bill Gates tweeted he tested positive for COVID and was experiencing mild symptoms. He added he was "following experts' advice by isolating until I'm healthy again." Gates said he was "fortunate to be vaccinated and boosted and have access to testing and great medical care."
JEFF J MITCHELL, GETTY IMAGES

Stephen Colbert confirmed he tested positive for COVID-19 via Twitter on April 21. "Basically I’m feeling fine- grateful to be vaxxed and boosted," Colbert wrote of his status. "Thank you for the well wishes. This just proves that I will do anything to avoid interviewing Jason Bateman." At the time, Colbert paused taping until May 2.

On May 9, however, "The Late Show" took to Twitter to share that no new episodes would be taping until "further notice." The update read: "Stephen is experiencing symptoms consistent with a recurrence of COVID. Out of an abundance of caution for his staff, guests, and audience, he will be isolating for a few additional days."
TIMOTHY KURATEK/CBS

Amy Schumer shared a video on Instagram May 9 of her "incredible Elizabeth Holmes voice" due to her COVID-19 diagnosis.

"This is what I sound like now that I have Covid," she joked in a deepened tone. "Theranos. Theranos." She added she was "lonely" and "bored" as she quarantined from her family. On May 8, a day before her positive test, the comedian performed a set during the Netflix is a Joke festival, revealing a joke the Oscars wouldn't let her say.
ANGELA WEISS, AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES

Jon Batiste shared on May 6 he had tested positive for COVID-19 and would be postponing his premiere of "American Symphony" at Carnegie Hall, which the singer said he's "been working on for years."

"I have poured my heart and soul into this work and I am so disappointed that I can’t see it through at the moment, but it WILL happen one day," he wrote alongside a video of himself playing piano on the famous NYC stage.

Late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel took to Twitter on May 2 to share he tested positive for COVID-19. Kimmel revealed he caught the virus from his daughter and said his vaccination status has kept him in good health.

"Our daughter brought us covid (even though we specifically asked her not to)," Kimmel wrote. "All feeling fine, I am double vaxxed and boosted but the show must not go on. Apologies to (Tom Cruise) & (Iliza Shlesinger) and thanks to Mike Birbiglia...who'll be filling in for me starting tomorrow night."
EVAN AGOSTINI, EVAN AGOSTINI/INVISION/AP

Ozzy Osbourne tested positive for COVID-19, his wife Sharon Osbourne tearfully announced on April 28. "We've gone two years without him catching COVID and it's just Ozzy's luck he would get it now," she said in a video for her new U.K. show "The Talk." She added that "he's OK" but she's "worried" about her husband.
KEVIN WINTER, GETTY IMAGES FOR IHEARTMEDIA

Barry Manilow announced on Instagram that he's "heartbroken" to have tested positive for COVID-19 and that he won't be able to attend the premiere of his off-Broadway musical "Harmony."

"This just might be the cruelest thing that has ever happened to me: 25 years waiting for this show to premiere in New York and I can’t attend," he wrote on April 13. "Even in the face of this pandemic, we New Yorkers remain the toughest, staunchest people on the planet — so, put on a mask and go see a show!"
EMMA MCINTYRE, GETTY IMAGES FOR CELEBRITY FIGHT NIGHT

Jonathan Van Ness revealed on Instagram they tested positive for COVID and would be canceling the rest of the in-person events of their "Love That Story" book tour. "I’m going do virtual events as much as possible for this book which I love so much while resting at home," Van Ness posted on Instagram April 13. They also encouraged everyone to get "vax’d & boosted."
DIA DIPASUPIL, GETTY IMAGES FOR VULTURE FESTIVA

Jenna Bush Hager will be missing a few days of "Today with Hoda and Jenna" after testing positive for COVID-19. She revealed the diagnosis in her Instagram story April 13, writing, "This is the face of a COVID + mama. We are all isolating and feeling super grateful for the vaccine and my darling babes."
ANGELA WEISS, AFP/GETTY IMAGES

Anderson Cooper revealed in his Instagram stories April 11, that he tested positive for COVID-19. "Thankfully the kids are negative. Hope to get back to work soon," the CNN anchor shared. Cooper has two young children, Wyatt and Sebastian.

Kelsea Ballerini was "gutted" to share she tested positive for COVID-19 just days before the CMT Music Awards on April 11, and was no longer able to co-host the event in person. Instead, she co-hosted and performed virtually from home, while Anthony Mackie and Kane Brown served as on-stage hosts. "The good news is that I'm feeling a lot better ... It is certainly not what we had expected or planned for, but we are doing our damn best," Ballerini said in a video ahead of the show.

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick, who are starring in Broadway's Plaza Suite, tested positive for COVID-19. Due to their positive testing, the April 7, show was canceled, production announced on Twitter.

Broderick first tested positive for COVID-19 on April 5. Although he did not perform that night's show, Parker did as she tested negative. The real-life married pair portray three different couples: Karen and Sam, Muriel and Jesse, and Norma and Roy.
ROY ROCHLIN, GETTY IMAGES

Daniel Craig tested positive for COVID-19, leading to Broadway's Macbeth shows on April 2, to be canceled, according to the production's website. "We apologize for the inconvenience this causes ticket holders, but the safety of our audiences, the cast and crew remains our top priority," the website announced April 2. Craig portrays Macbeth in the Shakespeare play opposite Ruth Negga's Lady Macbeth.

Miley Cyrus revealed she tested positive for COVID-19 on Twitter on April 1, after being on tour. "Traveling around the world, playin for a 100,000 people a night & meeting hundreds of fans a day the chances of getting Covid are pretty high," she wrote. "I have Covid now but it was definitely worth it." The singer also confirmed that with her positive test she wouldn't be able to perform at Steven Tyler's Grammys watch party.

"I’m missing out on Janie’s Fund which sucks because it’s a charity that’s super important to me & my friend Steven Tyler. I am feeling fine so don’t worry about me! Sorry Steven! We’ll have to “Walk This Way” another time," she wrote.
STEVE GRANITZ, WIREIMAGE

"The Talk" host Amanda Kloots, who lost her husband Nick Cordero to COVID complications in 2020, announced Feb. 24, that she tested positive for COVID. "Unfortunately I tested positive for COVID and will be missing some days at work until my quarantine is over," Kloots wrote. "I am feeling completely normal now and feel very grateful for that. I am vaccinated and boosted which is very much putting me at ease."
COURTESY OF HARPERCOLLINS PUBLISHERS

John Mayer has tested positive for COVID-19 twice, each time has resulted in concert cancellations. Mayer announced on Feb. 24, he'd be rescheduling his Sob Rock tour after a positive PCR test.

"Whelp. More members of the band tested positive for Covid today, and I was one of them," Mayer wrote. " I tested positive on PCR twice in two months. (The first was extremely mild, but this one’s got the better of me)."

On Jan. 6, Mayer's band Dead & Company announced the musician tested positive for COVID-19 on Instagram, keeping him from the group's upcoming concert weekend in Mexico. "Per his physician, @JohnMayer tested positive for COVID-19 and will be unable to perform at the upcoming 'Playing in the Sand' event in Riviera Cancun," the post read.
MATT WINKELMEYER, GETTY IMAGES FOR VARIETY

Jazmine Sullivan, who was set to perform in Los Angeles for her "Heaux Tales" tour, canceled her shows after testing positive for COVID-19. She announced the news on Feb. 24 on Twitter. "My doctor confirmed today that I am positive with COVID," she wrote. "I'm truly sad to have to cancel more shows but health and safety come first for myself."
RICH FURY, GETTY IMAGES

BTS member V tested positive for COVID-19 on Feb. 15, after a hospital visit for a "mild sore throat," according to a press release from BIGHIT MUSIC. Apart from the sore throat, V was also experiencing a "mild fever." The K-pop star is receiving at-home treatment and currently "waiting for further guidelines from the health care authorities."

BTS member Jimin tested positive for COVID-19 when he went to the hospital for "abdominal pain" and underwent surgery for "acute appendicitis," BIGHIT MUSIC announced on Jan. 31.

The release added the K-pop star was "experiencing a mild sore throat" but "making a speedy recovery."
COURTESY OF BIGHIT MUSIC

Elton John revealed he contracted COVID-19 in an Instagram Story on Jan. 25. The musician added that he would be rescheduling his Dallas shows that are part of his "Farewell Yellow Brick Road" tour. "It's always a massive disappointment to move shows and I'm so sorry to anyone who's been inconvenienced by this but I want to keep myself and my team safe," John wrote. He added that he is both vaccinated and boosted and plans to continue his tour in Arkansas.
DERICK HINGLE, AP

"Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts revealed on Jan. 20 she had been away from the show after testing positive for COVID-19. "Grateful my symptoms have been mild and that I’m doing well. Looking forward to returning as soon as I can," she wrote on Twitter.
AMY SUSSMAN, GETTY IMAGES

Amy Robach, who is also an anchor on "Good Morning America," announced she tested positive for the virus as well. On Jan. 20, Robach revealed the news on Instagram.

"I’m quickly on the mend because I’m fully vaccinated and boosted! It was crazy though - I had exhaustion and lower back pain last weekend - not putting two and two together that those were early omicron symptoms… Just thought I was pushing myself too hard with my training runs!"
EVAN AGOSTINI, AP

Fashion designer and "The Hills" alum Whitney Port revealed Jan. 16 that her family (son Sonny Sanford, 4, and husband Tim Rosenman) had "all tested positive for Covid" a week prior.

"I wasn't trying to hide anything, I just didn't want to make it a bigger deal than it is/was and I didn't want the pressure to 'report the news.' " Port wrote on her Instagram Stories. "The nausea last weekend I guess was the first sign of it but we've all been fine otherwise. A little congested and my taste is not at its sharpest, but we are ok."

"Just quarantining, cooking and napping," Port wrote. "I was starting to feel like it was just a matter of time before we got it."
RODIN ECKENROTH, GETTY IMAGES

Singer-musician Jason Isbell tweeted Jan. 11 he'd tested positive for COVID-19 and announced he'd be canceling and rescheduling some of his upcoming shows. "Got myself a breakthrough case of Covid- feeling fine but we’ll have to cancel the next few shows," Isbell tweeted adding that he's fully vaccinated and boosted and experiencing "lotta sinus drainage type stuff, scratchy in my throat and some muscle aches."
AMY HARRIS, AMY HARRIS/INVISION/AP

"Today" show anchor Savannah Guthrie tested positive for COVID-19 just days after her co-host Hoda Kotb also tested positive and weeks after her 50th birthday. Guthrie revealed the news on Instagram Jan. 10, saying she was "trading places" with Kotb, who is negative and back in studio while Guthrie works from home.

"Feel good, just a few sniffles!" she shared.
NATHAN CONGLETON/NBC

James Corden shared on Instagram Jan. 6 that he tested positive for COVID-19, bringing his Primetime Emmy-winning talk show to a halt.

"I'm fully vaccinated, boosted and because of this am fortunate enough to say I am completely fine," the late-night host wrote. "The show will be off the air for the next few days. Stay safe everyone."
ADAM TORGERSON/CBS

"Today" show anchor Hoda Kotb tested positive for COVID-19, the morning news show announced Jan. 6. "The reason Hoda is off, like many others, she tested positive for COVID. But Hoda tells us she's doing just fine," co-anchor Craig Melvin said during the show.

Kotb tweeted: "Thx for well wishes! Feeling good.. cant wait to see you all when I am in the clear! Xo."
AP

Lupita Nyong'o revealed that she had tested positive for COVID-19 on Jan. 4, adding she has been fully vaccinated. "I too have tested positive for COVID-19. I'm fully vaccinated and taking care in isolation, so I trust I will be well," she wrote.
DAN MACMEDAN/USA TODAY

Seth Meyers shared the "bad news" that he tested positive for COVID in a Jan. 4 tweet. But "the good news is, I feel fine (thanks vaccines and booster!)," the "Late Night with Seth Meyers" host wrote. He added: "We are canceling the rest of the shows this week, so tune in next Monday to see what cool location we will try and pass off as a studio!!!"
LLOYD BISHOP/NBC

Whoopi Goldberg tested positive for COVID-19, "The View" co-host revealed on Twitter Jan 3. Goldberg's co-host Joy Behar shared the news on the show: "Whoopi, unfortunately, tested positive over the break but she'll be back probably next week," Behar said. "Since she's vaxxed and boosted, her symptoms have been very, very, mild. But we're being super cautious here at 'The View.' "

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-13-2022, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Daniel Craig tested positive for COVID-19, leading to Broadway's Macbeth shows on April 2, to be canceled, according to the production's website. "We apologize for the inconvenience this causes ticket holders, but the safety of our audiences, the cast and crew remains our top priority," the website announced April 2. Craig portrays Macbeth in the Shakespeare play opposite Ruth Negga's Lady Macbeth.
Well it's no surprise that Macbeth would be cancelled.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Sad to hear about this. It was in the back of my mind that it would happen but hope it wouldn't. I hope it happens before the end of summer because they are predicting another spike by the fall.

Hope everyone bounces back soon.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey Buckingham postpones his first European solo tour as he recovers from COVID-19
Matt Friedlander 7 hrs ago
Getty_LindseyBuckingham630_051322.jpg

Lindsey Buckingham was supposed to launch his first-ever solo tour of Europe in Dublin, Ireland, this Tuesday, May 17, but the former Fleetwood Mac singer/guitarist has had to postpone the trek because he recently contracted COVID-19 and hasn't recorded yet.

A message on Buckingham's social media sites shared the bad news, saying, "It is with great sadness that we are announcing the postponement of Lindsey's European tour which had been due to begin next week. Along with other members of his band and crew, Lindsey contracted COVID-19 at the end of his latest North American tour, forcing that to end prematurely. Unfortunately he's still recovering and has no choice but to move the upcoming tour to a later date."

The note continues, "This is heartbreaking for Lindsey, he was so excited to come to Europe for the first time as a solo artist this spring. We're currently working on rescheduling the dates and hope to have some news to share on that very soon."

The 11-date tour had been scheduled to run through a June 2 performance at Denmark's Heartland Festival 2022.

Late last month, Lindsey announced that the last few shows of his spring 2022 North American tour had to be canceled because of a COVID outbreak in his touring party, which we now know included him.

The canceled concerts included an April 28 show in Tysons, Virginia; and April 30 gig in Louisville, Kentucky; and a May 1 performance at the Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis, Tennessee.

Buckingham continues to promote his latest solo album, a self-titled collection that was released in July 2021.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

https://www.rock107.com/rock_news/li..._medium=social

Old 05-22-2022, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
As much as it sucks on one level, given his age and his recent medical history (heart) I'm glad he's going to take care of his health rather than push on.
Agreed. I’m glad he’s taking care of himself. Lord knows, we need Lindsey well and creatively active. His ongoing work ethic is an inspiration.
Old 05-22-2022, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish both Lindsey & Stevie would cancel the rest of their tours and go home. And stay off the road until this pandemic is really under control.
Old 05-22-2022, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I wish both Lindsey & Stevie would cancel the rest of their tours and go home. And stay off the road until this pandemic is really under control.
But time is running out for them all. And they know it.
Old 05-22-2022, 11:12 PM
vivfox
This message has been deleted by vivfox.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Intrigued to see that Lindsey's wife and daughter were in London yesterday, even if he wasn't! A shame to let those flight tickets and hotel bookings go to waste...
london.jpg