The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-15-2022, 06:17 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,215
Default Closed - Mick's Store "House of Fleetwood" in Maui

Sadly Mick's boutique in Maui is posted on Google as permanently closed. The store's social media has been quiet for two weeks and someone said the door was shut when they went to the store. There are no longer business hours on the site either.

Apparently the store was selling concert tee shirts for $200. Perhaps it's a wealthy area?
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 11-15-2022, 06:54 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Sadly Mick's boutique in Maui is posted on Google as permanently closed. The store's social media has been quiet for two weeks and someone said the door was shut when they went to the store. There are no longer business hours on the site either.

Apparently the store was selling concert tee shirts for $200. Perhaps it's a wealthy area?
Ho sh*t, now he's gotta beg Stevie to tour again. She should let him join her band. He can bang on some bongos or something...
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-15-2022, 06:58 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Ho sh*t, now he's gotta beg Stevie to tour again. She should let him join her band. He can bang on some bongos or something...
He's got the coffee business, the auction, and his restaurant.

And his catalogue sale. But this place opened 1 year ago and it's closed!

I don't know where Mick is with Stevie. He wasn't at her Hollywood show but John was
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-15-2022, 07:14 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
He's got the coffee business, the auction, and his restaurant.

And his catalogue sale. But this place opened 1 year ago and it's closed!

I don't know where Mick is with Stevie. He wasn't at her Hollywood show but John was
Whatever happened to his wine business? Signing at Costco?

He's the ultimate huckster....
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2022, 08:41 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 3,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
He's got the coffee business, the auction, and his restaurant.
The restaurant includes a merchandise shop in the first floor. Another shop in the same island, doesn't make sense to me. Or did it offer other kind of products?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2022, 09:56 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
The restaurant includes a merchandise shop in the first floor. Another shop in the same island, doesn't make sense to me. Or did it offer other kind of products?
The restaurant store is a gift shop. Apparently this was a store boutique that sold non-music related clothes, hats, and candles that Mick likes, as well as tee shirts of Stevie, FM, Petty, Pink Floyd, Clapton, etc. And it is in a different city than Lahaina.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-17-2022, 01:11 AM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,539
Default

Opened in a pandemic and shuttered after one year? Sounds like a loss-making scheme for tax purposes à la The Producers.
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2022, 07:01 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,852
Default

This explains the auction and his selling off his RRHOF award.

The RRHOF should strip him as an inducted member for such a douche move.

When you lose your balls that made you famous and replace them with another pair yet sell them as the originals, you know you are a loser.

Next up: Biddy's britches
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-18-2022 at 07:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-18-2022, 09:52 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This explains the auction and his selling off his RRHOF award.

The RRHOF should strip him as an inducted member for such a douche move.

When you lose your balls that made you famous and replace them with another pair yet sell them as the originals, you know you are a loser.

Next up: Biddy's britches
He really is King of the losers. What a schmuck.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-18-2022, 11:10 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,195
Default

Maybe he’s got Island fever…
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


JOHN McVIE (Fleetwood Mac) Signed/Autographed 8x10 Photograph picture

JOHN McVIE (Fleetwood Mac) Signed/Autographed 8x10 Photograph

$50.00



JOHN McVIE (Bassist, Fleetwood Mac) Signed/Autographed 7x5 Photograph picture

JOHN McVIE (Bassist, Fleetwood Mac) Signed/Autographed 7x5 Photograph

$49.99



FLEETWOOD MAC~Christine McVie-John McVie+Stevie Nicks Signed RUMOURS Album Cover picture

FLEETWOOD MAC~Christine McVie-John McVie+Stevie Nicks Signed RUMOURS Album Cover

$379.99



JOHN McVIE (Bassist, Fleetwood Mac) Signed/Autographed 8x10 Photograph picture

JOHN McVIE (Bassist, Fleetwood Mac) Signed/Autographed 8x10 Photograph

$75.00



"Fleetwood Mac" John McVie Hand Signed 8X10 B&W Photo Todd Mueller COA

$209.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved