Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Anyone else on a diet?

After taking a good painful look in the mirror this morning, I have decided to go on a diet! It is just so easy to gain weight when it is cold outside. I'm only 7 hours into my diet and I am already in agony. Can anyone else relate?

I just hate this. Why can't I be one of those people with those super fast metabolisms? It isn't fair!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
After taking a good painful look in the mirror this morning, I have decided to go on a diet! It is just so easy to gain weight when it is cold outside. I'm only 7 hours into my diet and I am already in agony. Can anyone else relate?

I just hate this. Why can't I be one of those people with those super fast metabolisms? It isn't fair!
I need to be.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

been on one since early January. I start NutriSystem sometime this week (whenever it arrives). It is hard, but the more you stick to it the easier it gets.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

No, but I should be. I am turning 27 this year, and I've noticed over the last 14 months or so my metabolism slowed down at an enormous rate. I cant eat all the crap food I used to eat.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I downloaded Calorie King to my PDA last night. However, some bastard put free chocolate mouse cake in the kitchen here. Oh well, I just put it in the count, I'm going to the gym anyway so its all good. I still have 350 cals left for the day!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
No, but I should be. I am turning 27 this year, and I've noticed over the last 14 months or so my metabolism slowed down at an enormous rate. I cant eat all the crap food I used to eat.
Doesn't it suck? That happened to me around 25ish, I also went from always being on my feet to a desk job, they are so bad for the bum!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm doing Weight Watchers. First "diet" ever. I gained 15 lbs since Christmas (holidays and quit smoking). In three weeks, I've lost 4 lbs and my mother (who joined with me) has lost 10. WW doesn't like you to call it a "diet" though, it's a "lifestyle change".

ANYway, it does work.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
I'm doing Weight Watchers. First "diet" ever. I gained 15 lbs since Christmas (holidays and quit smoking). In three weeks, I've lost 4 lbs and my mother (who joined with me) has lost 10. WW doesn't like you to call it a "diet" though, it's a "lifestyle change".

ANYway, it does work.
yep. WW DOES work. I just got tired of counting points, etc., plus I'm bad at math

I'm hoping NutriSystem prooves to be just as effective.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
yep. WW DOES work. I just got tired of counting points, etc., plus I'm bad at math

I'm hoping NutriSystem prooves to be just as effective.
How does NutriSystem work, Jason????
Old 02-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
How does NutriSystem work, Jason????
it's all based on the glycemic index. I ordered the weekends off program. They send you breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and dessert for each day for a month with weekends off. You just pick what you want to eat for your meal and that's it...everything's already been figured into the meals. And on the weekends they give you suggestions of what to eat to stay on track. It's a perfect mix of proteins, good carbs and fats. I'm probably not explaining it very well. www.nutrisystem.com

it's pricey but you don't have to worry about what to eat or anything and it pretty much takes out having to go to the grocery store. if it works well for me, then I'll probably stay on it for about 6 months. it is pricey though.

I have about 3 months to lose a few lbs before NOTS. That's my goal.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Calorie King has a database that counts your calories for you. You can download their software for a free trial and if you decide to buy it is only 20 bucks! I got the version for my PDA so I can have it handy. Math is hard. It is also in the axis of evil. Check them out http://www.calorieking.com/.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I need to be dieting as my food intake has been OUT OF CONTROL the last two weeks (and one day!) since I quit smoking. I have totally substituted food for nicotine. But I'm trying not to be too hard on myself, since I still haven't smoked. I can always lose the weight later. And I'm still exercising every day, so at least I have that going for me.

Good luck to all you dieters. It is hard to stay focused.

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 02-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
I need to be dieting as my food intake has been OUT OF CONTROL the last two weeks (and one day!) since I quit smoking. I have totally substituted food for nicotine. But I'm trying not to be too hard on myself, since I still haven't smoked. I can always lose the weight later. And I'm still exercising every day, so at least I have that going for me.

Good luck to all you dieters. It is hard to stay focused.
Patti- I keep telling people that the best way to quit smoking is to quit, then join weight watchers! I am too busy thinking about food to think about cigarettes.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buy a tredmill (a good one), so you can run on it too (but they are expensive). I bought a second hand one for $1000 ($5000 brand new). Best investment I ever made! She's sitten right in front of the tv. I walk/run every morning for 45-60 minutes, five days a week, while I watch the Today show (not on weekends cause hubby & kids are home and throw my schedule out of whack). It works for me. I find exercise way easier then dieting. This way I can have my sweets at nite, which I love and not feel guilty because I know I can just hop on that treadmill and walk it off.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I loved WW, it works great if you can stick with it. I lost wiehgt & kept it off for a good 1&1/2 to 2 years, then started slacking again.

I need to start doing WW again. I'm not at my heaviest, but I'd like to lose about 15 pounds. I'm doing the elliptical machine 3 days a week, which I really love, so at least I'm not gaining. My gym membership runs out in 3 weeks though, and I've only been using the elliptical there so I may give in & buy one for home.