User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2023, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
She already has and as predicted it mentions that she and Tina are the only women inducted twice in the RRHOF.
God I hate her. There, I said it.
Old 05-24-2023, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wait, I thought Haim wrote THE song that helped her grieve Christine..?

Or maybe we are going to have PHASES of missing Christine, and different female artists will feature for each phase.....

God help us if LB passes before she does... or Mick.....

She will make their passing all about her, as she has done with Chris. Not "oh there's one less light in the world w/out Chris" or "The world has lost more beautiful music from Chris". Nope. Just me me me and how everything affects me.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It was good of to write that song for Stevie.

I guess since Stevie thinks Harry Styles is her son (?), she has been careful not to publicly jump on the Taylor bandwagon. Maybe Harry has stopped returning her calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie posted a really beautiful one today about the one year since Uvalde. She mentions Lindsey in it too. It was really well written.
90% of that post is about Stevie!

"As we ponder the one-year anniversary of Uvalde, and the myriad of shootings that have happened since that fateful day, I can’t help but ask myself, what if it was ME?” (<-- only slightly edited)

As for the Lindsey mention... "I met a boy."
Imagine the frosty silence when someone in her circle slips and mentions Lindsey's actual name.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
It was good of to write that song for Stevie.

I guess since Stevie thinks Harry Styles is her son (?), she has been careful not to publicly jump on the Taylor bandwagon. Maybe Harry has stopped returning her calls.

90% of that post is about Stevie!

"As we ponder the one-year anniversary of Uvalde, and the myriad of shootings that have happened since that fateful day, I can’t help but ask myself, what if it was ME?” (<-- only slightly edited)

As for the Lindsey mention... "I met a boy."
Imagine the frosty silence when someone in her circle slips and mentions Lindsey's actual name.
She saw how off the rails popular Taylor’s tour has been and somehow had to latch on.

And yes I chuckled at “I met a boy..” I imagine the “L word” is way off limits on the tour bus!
Old 05-24-2023, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread is hilarious!

Stevie sure makes some people feel a certain way, that’s for sure. So much so that they repeat themselves, well, repeatedly. How many ways is there to hate Stevie? A lot, apparently, since every statement she makes, even during a concert, brings on a torrent of outrage. The thread about Tina Turner’s death has also taken a ride down the Stevie slide- it’s not about recognizing Tina’s talent and musical accomplishments, but instead is about Stevie.

Didn’t mean to sidetrack the “discussion” please carry on
Old 05-24-2023, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
This thread is hilarious!

Stevie sure makes some people feel a certain way, that’s for sure. So much so that they repeat themselves, well, repeatedly. How many ways is there to hate Stevie? A lot, apparently, since every statement she makes, even during a concert, brings on a torrent of outrage. The thread about Tina Turner’s death has also taken a ride down the Stevie slide- it’s not about recognizing Tina’s talent and musical accomplishments, but instead is about Stevie.

Didn’t mean to sidetrack the “discussion” please carry on
We were waiting for Helen Keller to arrive... WELCOME!
Old 05-24-2023, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I understand you’re saying I must be blind, deaf, and mute like Helen Keller because I don’t agree with you, but I’m quite an admirer of hers so I’ll take the comparison as a compliment!

I shouldn’t engage in this conversation anyway, since I haven’t read any of the articles about Taylor/Stevie… just what I saw in this thread. I’m a poor Stevie worshipper, I guess. Homer, I’m sure you’ve read absolutely every article about Stevie… I’d ask you to explain it to me but I don’t really care. Really. But please feel free to respond, I’ll happily let you have the last word
Old 05-24-2023, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I understand you’re saying I must be blind, deaf, and mute like Helen Keller because I don’t agree with you, but I’m quite an admirer of hers so I’ll take the comparison as a compliment!

I shouldn’t engage in this conversation anyway, since I haven’t read any of the articles about Taylor/Stevie… just what I saw in this thread. I’m a poor Stevie worshipper, I guess. Homer, I’m sure you’ve read absolutely every article about Stevie… I’d ask you to explain it to me but I don’t really care. Really. But please feel free to respond, I’ll happily let you have the last word
I read every word in every article(and still have all the clippings), up until her albums started to suck. So I know what her great music is, and also what the lackluster turds are. You seem to think even the turds are great, and that she can do no wrong.
You're nearly the only one in that category, these days. Have a nice night...
Old 05-24-2023, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I’m probably going to h*ll, but I just belly laughed for a good five minutes solid.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I’m probably going to h*ll, but I just belly laughed for a good five minutes solid.
Then my work is done for the night!
Old 05-24-2023, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I was thinking she would dedicate Landslide to Tina after she finishes the song tomorrow night in Orlando but I think that would take the tribute away from Christine especially since there are all pictures of Chris on the screen during the performance.

I'm pretty sure Stevie will post a letter about Tina on her social media. She posted a really beautiful one today about the one year since Uvalde. She mentions Lindsey in it too. It was really well written.
It’s a 3 paragraph tribute to herself with a paragraph about Uvalde tacked onto the end. The big dramatic “I got to grow up to be Stevie Nicks”. Lindsey’s assessment was spot on, she’s way preoccupied with being Stevie Nicks.

It’s true. The rate in which the cheese has slid off the ritz has really accelerated since the death of her mother. The only person that kept her in this stratosphere.

Last edited by BigAl84; 05-24-2023 at 11:01 PM..
Old 05-25-2023, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
It’s a 3 paragraph tribute to herself with a paragraph about Uvalde tacked onto the end. The big dramatic “I got to grow up to be Stevie Nicks”. Lindsey’s assessment was spot on, she’s way preoccupied with being Stevie Nicks.

It’s true. The rate in which the cheese has slid off the ritz has really accelerated since the death of her mother. The only person that kept her in this stratosphere.
God forbid LB passes before her. It's going to be all about her.
Old 05-25-2023, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Obviously it’ll be horrible when either one of them dies, but having said that, if Lindsey should pass first, I can’t wait to make some popcorn and check out the Ledge! Knowing that every comment Stevie makes will have certain folks twirling more than Stevie ever did, not to mention speaking in tongues like she hilariously and supposedly did during Sisters of the Moon circa Mirage tour, well I wouldn’t miss that for the world! The word by word analysis by the Ledge of every sentence she utters will keep me entertained for hours!
Old 05-25-2023, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Obviously it’ll be horrible when either one of them dies, but having said that, if Lindsey should pass first, I can’t wait to make some popcorn and check out the Ledge! Knowing that every comment Stevie makes will have certain folks twirling more than Stevie ever did, not to mention speaking in tongues like she hilariously and supposedly did during Sisters of the Moon circa Mirage tour, well I wouldn’t miss that for the world! The word by word analysis by the Ledge of every sentence she utters will keep me entertained for hours!
We are lucky she still sings for us bastards!!! Right bwboy!
Old 05-25-2023, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Honestly, I don't think she'd post about him or if asked for comment, she'd decline. I really think she can't stand him.