The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What Should The Mac Have Included on The Dance?
Seven Wonders 4 18.18%
Little Lies 6 27.27%
Love In Store 4 18.18%
Think About Me 3 13.64%
Other 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2023, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Did I ever tell you guys that the first time I saw them, I disliked them? I thought they were scruffy and druggy and looked like hard rock onstage. This was in 1976 in Los Angeles. In 1975, I was still a very avid pop music fan and was probably still listening to AM radio (Elton John, Seals & Crofts, Wings, KC and the Sunshine Band, Tavares, Spinners, Rose Royce). But I kind of liked Say You Love Me and Rhiannon on album, which didn’t sound much like the hippies playing live. It took me an Iowa minute to fall in love with them — it was probably when Go Your Own Way got airplay.
What were they like in person? Weren't you ever along during soundcheck?
Old 05-23-2023, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Did I ever tell you guys that the first time I saw them, I disliked them? I thought they were scruffy and druggy and looked like hard rock onstage. This was in 1976 in Los Angeles. In 1975, I was still a very avid pop music fan and was probably still listening to AM radio (Elton John, Seals & Crofts, Wings, KC and the Sunshine Band, Tavares, Spinners, Rose Royce). But I kind of liked Say You Love Me and Rhiannon on album, which didn’t sound much like the hippies playing live. It took me an Iowa minute to fall in love with them — it was probably when Go Your Own Way got airplay.
I am not surprised. How old were you in 1975? I was a pop fan in the late 70s too. Actually my first idol was Donna Summer, Live & More was the first album I ever bought (1979, I was 13). Then I became a Queen fan, and then Fleetwood Mac, though I was not convinced how they sound in the Mirage Live video (I remember asking What the hell happened with Stevie's voice?)

And nowadays I still love Fleetwood Mac (with all the nightmares along the way), and also Elton, Donna Summer, Queen, Puccini, Pet Shop Boys, Mozart and Pink Floyd. A weird idols combination but I guess one expands its universe of icons as one grows.