Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-27-2023, 10:38 AM

Default Oh Daddy Live 1980

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdyP_oFLPhs

I love this performance. I can really close my eyes and feel her emoting her lyrics. Also, love her reaction to the crowd at the end.
Old 02-27-2023, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I love it too. For me, the power of the song is in the music. But her singing does add a dramatic effect. I wish there was an extended track of Oh Daddy buried somewhere that gets dug out someday. It lifts my soul the way the 4 musicians play on this track. Its like they are speaking to each other. Lindsey's guitar playing is pure drama. Its magical, mystical, and quite powerful.
Makes me want to put on a cape in a magical sunrise somewhere and feel nature. Not many songs can do that to me.
Old 02-27-2023, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I love it too. For me, the power of the song is in the music. But her singing does add a dramatic effect. I wish there was an extended track of Oh Daddy buried somewhere that gets dug out someday. It lifts my soul the way the 4 musicians play on this track. Its like they are speaking to each other. Lindsey's guitar playing is pure drama. Its magical, mystical, and quite powerful.
Makes me want to put on a cape in a magical sunrise somewhere and feel nature. Not many songs can do that to me.
There is an instrumental of this floating around somewhere. I agree the music and the Brits really anchor the song into a beautiful thick flow of rushing sound. Less is more is what Mick said. But I love the warmth of the keys and everything that makes it pulse and move moment to moment.
Old 02-27-2023, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well that was just delicious. She was born to sing that song. Not a note out of place here. And that organ!

As good as Lindsey’s guitar is, John is the star of the show. In his hands, bass parts wind around and through the beat rather than merely punctuating it.
Old 02-28-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Well that was just delicious. She was born to sing that song. Not a note out of place here. And that organ!

As good as Lindsey’s guitar is, John is the star of the show. In his hands, bass parts wind around and through the beat rather than merely punctuating it.
Some nice syncopation, too. Keeps it moving in a bluesy sort of way. And yes, the organ is truly delicious.
Old 03-01-2023, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There’s a YT video of Rumours of Fleetwood Mac playing OH DADDY somewhere, and the backline organist, whose hair looks like a Disneyland for the insect world, plays the Christine studio parts on the Moog almost exactly. Check it out for yourselves and lemme know what you think.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-01-2023, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There’s a YT video of Rumours of Fleetwood Mac playing OH DADDY somewhere, and the backline organist, whose hair looks like a Disneyland for the insect world, plays the Christine studio parts on the Moog almost exactly. Check it out for yourselves and lemme know what you think.
Japan vers. ?
Old 03-01-2023, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Japan vers. ?
I think he means the Rumours band not Fleetwood Mac
Old 03-01-2023, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gorgeous.

There's so much archive footage out there - why doesn't Warners or Rhino or someone do something with it, while we're all actually still alive to enjoy it? I mean, we would pay for it, after all!
Old 03-01-2023, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Gorgeous.

There's so much archive footage out there - why doesn't Warners or Rhino or someone do something with it, while we're all actually still alive to enjoy it? I mean, we would pay for it, after all!
I'm saving my money for the re-release of Deluxe BuckinghamNicks CD/album and tour.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Gorgeous.

I seriously must have this thought every day of my life.

i would pay so much $ for old footage, or a big huge photo book of pictures we HAVE NOT SEEN BEFORE...because there must be boxes and boxes from tours etc....

i live in hope.

--Lis
Old 03-01-2023, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I seriously must have this thought every day of my life.

i would pay so much $ for old footage, or a big huge photo book of pictures we HAVE NOT SEEN BEFORE...because there must be boxes and boxes from tours etc....

i live in hope.

--Lis
Seriously, I would never come out of the house if they released a DVD set of concerts going from 1975-1987. Bonus material ... uhhh the possibilities.
Old 03-07-2023, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
https://youtu.be/ySu7RX_HQUk
Old 03-08-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougl View Post
That's pretty damn good!