User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-05-2023, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I’d say Fleetwood Mac as a group doesn’t exist anymore, primarily because Christine has died.

But I do know that I saw Fleetwood Mac on their last tour in 2019- Christine was there, and Mick was there, and Stevie was there, and John was there just like Dorothy at the end of the Wizard of Oz LOL!

Sure they sang cover songs- Go Insane and Stand Back, whoops I mean Don’t Dream It’s Over and Free Falling. Darn it, I guess between those four songs and Blue Letter and the Farmer’s Daughter, well cover songs aren’t entirely new to any incarnation of FM.

UnwindedDreams, please post what you think of the tribute to Christine when it airs, I’m looking forward to hearing what people think.
I'm not mentioning the three covers they did on the tour - which I saw all of them performed.

I'm just saying that the songs they performed did not sound different from the record versions. Gold Dust Woman sounded exactly like Rumours, but for the crackhead dance accompaniment. The new lineup produced nothing creatively.
Old 02-05-2023, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You forget the context. This was not a band on the upswing or many years of viability left. Many speculated the 2018 tour would be their last because of their age and it surely looks that way. John barely made it through the 2018 tour after cancer treatment.
So your analogies of Lindsey, Stevie, or Christine leaving voluntarily many moons ago cant relate to 2018. The On With The Show 2014-2015 tour shocked the world and their was renewed interest in the band. It was their most successful world tour ever. It prompted speculation of a final album and tour. Soon the final album was in doubt and then the final tour was almost in doubt because of the unhappiness of one member. We know why Bob Weston was fired but we still dont know why Lindsey was fired. For months the story kept changing. Then finally it was revealed Stevie's manager told the band she was never going to share a stage with Lindsey again. Oh no! A world tour was already booked. What could they do? Tens of millions was at stake. Their solution was to hire replacements for the tour. Few believed Mick when they said they were permanent members. Half a decade later, they have never recorded together or appeared on the same stage again. Now a pivotal member has died and John will never tour again.
You cant put the genie back in the bottle. Was it really worth it for their swansong and final act? Its probably the worst firing in rock history. You have one last tour and instead of a farewell tour its Fakewood Mac. Thanks $tevie.
Lindsey was fired because he didn't kiss Stevie's ring like everyone else did. And he paid the price for it. If Lindsey would have said "Stevie, I think 24 Karat Gold was your best album" "Stevie, your stories before songs are so brilliant and exciting" "Stevie, can we do more of your solo songs in the Fleetwood Mac show?", he'd still be in the band.
Old 02-05-2023, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BW lives in the same fantasy world as the old goat.

He'll defend her with his dying bleat.

I mean breath.
Old 02-05-2023, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
BW lives in the same fantasy world as the old goat.

He'll defend her with his dying bleat.

I mean breath.
Saying Christine was in Fleetwood Mac in 2019 is not defending Stevie. They are two very different things. If you think a band with Christine McVie, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood was not worthy or good enough to be called Fleetwood Mac, I think you’re wrong. Very wrong, in fact.
Old 02-05-2023, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Saying Christine was in Fleetwood Mac in 2019 is not defending Stevie. They are two very different things. If you think a band with Christine McVie, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood was not worthy or good enough to be called Fleetwood Mac, I think you’re wrong. Very wrong, in fact.
What art do these ARTISTS have to show from this grouping? NONE. A big pile of money.

BuckVie is art that came from FM, sans goat.
Their swan song. Thanks a lot, $tevie!
Old 02-05-2023, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
You are missing the point.
If Chris was fired the same way that Lindsey was and replaced with Sheryl Crow and Sharon Celani, to just fulfill their legal obligations for one final world tour then I would say the same thing.....Fakewood Mac. Why ruin your last moment as a band because of petty jealousy and blackmail and extortion.
Now you will be whipped with chiffon until Jane is performed in concert.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You are missing the point.
If Chris was fired the same way that Lindsey was and replaced with Sheryl Crow and Sharon Celani, to just fulfill their legal obligations for one final world tour then I would say the same thing.....Fakewood Mac.
I’m not missing the point, I understand what you’re saying.

I’ll do you one better- let’s say Stevie was the one who was fired, and she was replaced by Sheryl Crow and Sharon Celani. Would you still consider them Fleetwood Mac? Because Christine McVie, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, and Lindsey Buckingham would have still been in the band.

Or are you saying that you wouldn’t consider them Fleetwood Mac anymore, but Fakewood Mac?
Old 02-05-2023, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What art do these ARTISTS have to show from this grouping? NONE. A big pile of money.
“Find Your Way Back Home” was a good song. Plus, the new guys have released albums since the tour which likely have songs intended for Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:
BuckVie is art that came from FM, sans goat.
Their swan song. Thanks a lot, $tevie!
Actually, thanks a lot Stevie, because I’m glad she wasn’t on that album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-05-2023, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
“Find Your Way Back Home” was a good song. Plus, the new guys have released albums since the tour which likely have songs intended for Fleetwood Mac.
Find Your Way Back Home is a Neil Finn song that never got played live.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I’ll do you one better- let’s say Stevie was the one who was fired, and she was replaced by Sheryl Crow and Sharon Celani. Would you still consider them Fleetwood Mac? Because Christine McVie, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, and Lindsey Buckingham would have still been in the band.

Or are you saying that you wouldn’t consider them Fleetwood Mac anymore, but Fakewood Mac?
I’m on record here in posts a long time ago saying that I’d have the same repulsion at the act if Stevie had been the one fired. At the point we’re talking about in 2018 the only reason the band should have carried on without any of the five “Rumours era” bandmates would be if someone elected on their own to leave. I think that basically for any time since The Dance. They cemented at that point that Fleetwood Mac is these five and that the Rumours era was the definitive version of the band in their opinion.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Find Your Way Back Home is a Neil Finn song that never got played live.
Implying that song is even remotely a Fleetwood Mac song or suggesting it ‘counts’ toward some type of creative recording amongst the members of the 2018-19 iteration of Fleetwood Mac is the biggest stretch I’ve seen here in awhile.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

If somehow Chris or Lindsey had the same power as Stevie and blackmailed the band to fire Stevie for their last tour and hired a Stevie replacement to sing her songs.....ABSOLUTELY I would call it Fakewood Mac. The replacement is hired ONLY as a contractual obligation and the person was replaced against their will.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-05-2023 at 04:54 PM..
Old 02-05-2023, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I’m on record here in posts a long time ago saying that I’d have the same repulsion at the act if Stevie had been the one fired. At the point we’re talking about in 2018 the only reason the band should have carried on without any of the five “Rumours era” bandmates would be if someone elected on their own to leave. I think that basically for any time since The Dance. They cemented at that point that Fleetwood Mac is these five and that the Rumours era was the definitive version of the band in their opinion.
I’m glad to hear that you and Manfan4life feel that way- I like consistency LOL!

I feel that just like a person has the right to quit, the other people have a right to fire someone. Whether someone quits or is fired, the outcome, the end result, is the same. But if you guys really think you would call a lineup with John, Mick, Christine, and Lindsey and whomever replaced Stevie Fakewood Mac, well then my job here is done LOL!
Old 02-05-2023, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Implying that song is even remotely a Fleetwood Mac song or suggesting it ‘counts’ toward some type of creative recording amongst the members of the 2018-19 iteration of Fleetwood Mac is the biggest stretch I’ve seen here in awhile.
It has Neil Finn, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, and Mike Campbell.

No bigger a stretch than “Make Me A Mask” or “Down Endless Street” being Fleetwood Mac songs.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-05-2023, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

lmao seems some people are intent on having exact same discussion in every single thread.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"