User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2022, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lindsey could see the shape Stevie was in 1993 and still wanted no part the madness.
This is key to me. Until he opted to work with her in 1996, after she had really cleaned up, he would not have tolerated her. She didn’t even attend the Clinton press conference. She was still Miss Flighty.

The idea that a huge payday in the wake of his commercial solo failure would have pulled him back in is not something I agree with. He obviously was disappointed in the low sales for Cradle, but he was resolved to continue working solo. Even with Mick and John working with him in 1995, that was still a solo album in the making. It wasn’t intended as a Mac project. They were busy at the time playing little gigs (and possibly operating in the red). Mick was trying to make a go of his latest configuration, at least for a time in 1995.

I think what brought Stevie back into the fold was her series of concerts in 1996 and her proposed Lifetime cable concert special (which was ultimately canceled). I think those concerts rejuvenated her and made her possibly think that she would want to join Mac again — still iffy.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-20-2022, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The idea that a huge payday in the wake of his commercial solo failure would have pulled him back in is not something I agree with. He obviously was disappointed in the low sales for Cradle, but he was resolved to continue working solo. Even with Mick and John working with him in 1995, that was still a solo album in the making. It wasn’t intended as a Mac project.
However, it’s not like it had to be an either-or proposition. There was a middle option. Hypothetically, something like Buckingham Fleetwood McVie would have been more viable than Lindsey on his own or Mick and John putting together a new Fleetwood Mac and would have kept the door open for a full Fleetwood Mac reunion.

This is why the label should have intervened, which they eventually did after Mo and Lenny left in August, 1994 when they stuck Rob Cavallo on Lindsey, who in turn stuck Mick on Lindsey. If the label had intervened in April, 1993, we would have been spared the Time lineup and two years of Lindsey sulking.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-21-2022, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How does "Twisted" fit into the chronology?
Old 09-21-2022, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
How does "Twisted" fit into the chronology?
Well, Mick was announced as part of Lindsey’s new album in late February/early March, 1996. The dissolution of Fleetwood Mac was officially announced in April, 1996 (Dave Mason’s bass player told me on March 31, 1996).

We knew in April that Stevie and Lindsey had a new song coming out for the “Twister” soundtrack.

Mick, John, Christine, and Stevie were at the Kentucky Derby on the weekend of May 4, with (ironically) Steve Winwood filling in for Lindsey Buckingham.

Twister came out on May 10.

As for the song, Mick was on drums and Federico Pol was on bass, so it was before John was involved. I’m guessing it was recorded in February, 1996.

THE Stephen Hopkins