Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-18-2023, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
No benefit necessary.

Benefit or no benefit, right or wrong, there is going to be a very short Fleetwood Mac Farewell Tour featuring the Say You Will lineup of Stevie, Lindsey, Mick and John (the 4 remaining members alive).

I would say the tour will play no more than 10 dates, perhaps even a big festival. The show will be heavy on the Christine McVie tributes, speeches about "time being precious", "tomorrow is not promised", "healing", "if only we had known", etc...

Since pre-recorded backing tracks can now be used, the shows won't require very much rehearsal.

It will happen. The one slim exception might be John -- but they will find a way to wheel him out.
I very much doubt it. Maybe a one off event, but no tour, however short it is

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-18-2023, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I also predict that too. It gives Stevie cover to reunite with Lindsey and try and do damage control for her social media post. I think there will be a giant LA show with lots of bands and Fleetwood Mac as the closer.

Write it down.
I really doubt it at this point. I don’t think Stevie’s gotta do too much damage control - it really wasn’t a long term type of oopsie and is already well out of the news cycle. I still don’t see L&S sharing a stage again. I certainly don’t see him bowing down to her and she is not going to apologize or admit any wrongdoing from 5 years ago. I think the bloom is off the rose. As for a benefit, I could see Mick organizing and being involved heavily and playing with a ton of artists including Stevie and Lindsey, but separately.

And if we see a “Fleetwood Mac” consisting of Mick, Stevie, Neil, and Mike, that would just be the most laughable crap ever.
Old 08-18-2023, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
And if we see a “Fleetwood Mac” consisting of Mick, Stevie, Neil, and Mike, that would just be the most laughable crap ever.
EVER? Like worse than 1994-95?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-18-2023, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yes. They were on their way to Journey, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, etc territory at that point. 1-2 original or “known” members and some randoms replacing the classic lineup with a set mostly paying homage to the songs that made them most famous. Once they reaffirmed the classic lineup in 1997, going back to something resembling that 94-95 thing would be even worse and totally unnecessary in 2023. A Fleetwood Mac with no McVie’s and only one of the classic three songwriters would be worse.
Old 08-18-2023, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes. They were on their way to Journey, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, etc territory at that point. 1-2 original or “known” members and some randoms replacing the classic lineup with a set mostly paying homage to the songs that made them most famous. Once they reaffirmed the classic lineup in 1997, going back to something resembling that 94-95 thing would be even worse and totally unnecessary in 2023. A Fleetwood Mac with no McVie’s and only one of the classic three songwriters would be worse.
THIS. Just f*cking THIS. This ain't 1994-5.

It's OVER. Please...
Old 08-18-2023, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and everyone knows that except Stevie and maybe Mick...no John and calling it FM might just be the line he won't want to cross.... then again, money talks.

I said it before so I'll say it again like many on here.... MAYBE a benefit show to raise money in which S & L each appear separately... but snowball's chance in hell of them performing together.

And dear god, please NOOOOO tour of any "Fleetwood Mac" Frankenstein band any time, ever.
Old 08-19-2023, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Mick will organise a benefit, with big name friends appearing.
And just one song from the remaining four.
This could be counted as a help towards the Benefit.

A farewell and last goodbye to Christine.

And a swan song…..for Fleetwood Mac.
Old 08-19-2023, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post

And a swan song…..for Fleetwood Mac.
That was BuckVie. You can thank the old goat for that. THAT'S HER LEGACY.
Old 08-19-2023, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think I’ve said that I bought tickets for the 2018 Tour because I thought there was going to be songs from a new album or a new EP performed. I also don’t hide that I’m a Stevie fan first so I’d see her in any lineup.
The 1994-1995 lineup played Time songs in their set. I respect that and even though Mick regretted that lineup in his second book, I respect that lineup as Fleetwood Mac because they made art. I am not an oldies person, I want to hear new music in the live show.
While I call the 2018 lineup Fleetwood Mac, I don’t have respect for the tour because the new lineup did not play new studio songs. But I did give them about a thousand bucks in the tickets I bought for the four shows I attended before I knew what the setlist would be.
Stevie is my favorite artist of all time but after SYW, she turned FM into a jukebox group when they could have been like Springsteen who only tours with new music. She had all the power in the band and could have yelled at Lindsey in the studio in 2008, 2012, and 2014 and threaten to quit but she just didn’t want to make new music with Fleetwood Mac. I think she used Lindsey as her reason for not wanting to do a FM album but it was her fear of poor sales.
Old 08-19-2023, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The only thing I rescue from that era were the Christine songs in Time. Those were the only songs I ripped from the CD (I don't have a CD player anymore).
Old 08-20-2023, 12:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

I agree that I don’t think there will be a full reunion. That said I wouldn’t rule out some kind of mini-FM reunion at a Maui benefit. I think Lindsey is pretty desperate for closure so would take any kind of olive branch offered.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I agree that I don’t think there will be a full reunion. That said I wouldn’t rule out some kind of mini-FM reunion at a Maui benefit. I think Lindsey is pretty desperate for closure so would take any kind of olive branch offered.
Maybe he should just get publicly castrated, and let Stevie lead him around on a leash. Sounds about right.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 08-21-2023 at 12:03 AM..
Old 08-20-2023, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.etonline.com/mick-fleetw...clusive-209974

Mick Fleetwood on Planning Benefit Concert After Maui Wildfires: 'Music Heals' (Exclusive)

By Mona Khalifeh* 3:18 PM PDT, August 18, 2023

Mick Fleetwood is planning a benefit concert to help those impacted by the recent wildfires in Maui.

ET's Kevin Frazier spoke to the Fleetwood Mac drummer, who lives on the Hawaiian island, about the benefit concert and the healing power of music.

"I've already got a lovely sort of catalog of people that are concerned. I will remain mute on who they are, but I will either become part of something that we can do on a grand scale, which is great," Fleetwood said of the concert, currently in the works. "Anything is great, and playing in Honolulu, about 2 weeks from now, and that concert's becoming -- Henry Kapono who lives in Oahu, was celebrating the 50th anniversary of his career -- well, I'm going to be doing that show, supporting."

"So, all of this is unfolding is something I feel I can be apart, or really be spearheading," the famed drummer continued. "And it's not now, but music heals, and music does its version of what I'm doing now."

For Fleetwood, the tragedy hits home even harder, with Maui the place the 76-year-old musician calls home, and a place where he once owned a restaurant. The Front St. property was one of the many establishments lost in the blaze.

"I happen to live here. This is my home. I'm not passing through. People think, 'Oh, how many times do you come here and see your restaurant?" I say, 'No, no, no. I live here. This is the only home I have,'" he stressed. "And so all of that is something -- not to jump too far ahead, but the intention would be absolutely to be part of, or to be right shaking the flag, to rally around and put on a great incredibly beautiful show. Which I know can be done."

The wildfires were first reported on Aug. 8. Fires began to ravage Maui as a result of drought conditions and hurricane weather. At least 99 people have been confirmed dead, making it the deadliest wildfire in the United States in more than a century. The entire town of Lahaina has been left in ruins.

"Well, the enormity is still of what happened, which is absolutely beyond belief, is that in a very, very short space of time over those hills, I can hardly look around, in Lahaina town, and that area around Lahaina town, disappeared within minutes with a wildfire which has been credited as being one of the most vicious if not the most catastrophic wildfires in the country," Fleetwood said of the devastation the wildfires have caused. "And that you can't comprehend, but I can tell you, we in Hawaii have a word which is Ohana, which is family, and that's the reason people come, and I believe, come to these lovely islands where there's a sense of that, it still exists. So, that home, that Ohana was destroyed within minutes, and we're still finding out how catastrophic it still continues to be."

He continued, "Having something happen, and be completely in shock and for those drastic amounts of time, no one knew what was going on and no one had a clue where anyone was. All the communications broke down, and so the family, the community that survived as in real time there, amazingly you more than myself maybe, but I've certainly heard of such heroic deeds, which is a testament not only to what happened here, but you most often hear that the human condition comes through in these awful situations all over this planet, and of course in our own United States of America you see people coming and doing things that are beyond belief extraordinary to help."

In addition to putting on a benefit concert, Fleetwood's foundation will direct any donated funds to organizations to help survivors, with the directed funds to Maui Food Bank, Hawaii Community Foundation – Maui Strong Fund, and Maui Humane Society -- all of which are helping the island and its residents rebuild after the wildfires.

"I have a foundation here now, The Mick Fleetwood foundation -- Mick Fleetwood Foundation.Org will lead you to several really, really Bonafide organizations that are right here feet, on the ground already doing it, and we are adding to that dialog through the foundation, the mickfleetwoodfoundation.org will lead you to that," Fleetwood explained. "The fact is, there is a whole load of wonderful places you could go. That's me doing something I have a comfort with, really knowing what we are already affiliated with, are people that really know what they are doing."

As for what people need, Fleetwood, who came back to the island on a plane filled with supplies, said at the present time, the people of Maui need food and water.

What's more almost as meaningful as raising money, he added, is keeping the attention on what's going on in Maui as the island works to rebuild, something Fleetwood said music helps to do.

"Apart from raising the money, what I think is really, really important, me sitting here doing what I'm doing, and also the manifest of music coming to the fore... but what we can do has been proven to really rally, and keep the attention, keep the attention incrementally as this goes on, is something that I think music is really a powerful medium [for], and the people, whoever they might be, participating in that, is almost an endless way of, 'Don't forget, don't forget and don't forget.'"

To learn more about how you can help, check out http://www.mickfleetwoodfoundation.org.
Old 09-04-2023, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All quiet as far as the idea of a benefit concert goes…..all gone very quiet. Not sure what to think. Maybe nothing much will happen after all. Or maybe something quite big is in the pipeline. Has anyone heard Mick talk about this recently???

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-05-2023, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
All quiet as far as the idea of a benefit concert goes…..all gone very quiet. Not sure what to think. Maybe nothing much will happen after all. Or maybe something quite big is in the pipeline. Has anyone heard Mick talk about this recently???
There was a big benefit concert there a week ago(my cousin performed at it).

Mick probably figured that there wasn't enough return for himself in it?