Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2003, 05:36 PM
Ledgie

Default Possible Ideas for....

A complete Fleetwood Mac Image enhancement/Tour blitz etc.

After reading some of your responses in regard to my posts, I am amazed at the amount of energy that you all have when it comes to the Mac and their overall appeal. I think it is a blessing to have ardent fans like you all... and I consider myself among your ranks. With that said, I have been brainstorming some ideas on how to make things better... not that its all wrong.. I just think some things could be tweeked. Everybody seems to enjoy voicing their own opinions SO... here's your c hance.. maybe someone will listen.

1. Magazine covers- The two featuring Lindsey were nice but the focus market is guitar players and Guitar World and the other (sorry i forget the name) dont get the same featured placement in the various stores that sell magazines. Wouldn't it be some crzy **** if the Mac got a major article in say..Vanity Fair? Its readship is among a fairly literate segment of the population and theyre articles are always in depth and feature outstanding photos. I know that we all know the history of the Mac.. but maybe a new twist could rev up the momentum they already have. Also I think it's time for another Mac Rollingstone cover... a followup on the 97 article. And I still think that Miss Nicks deserves to be on the cover of some fashinista bible like Vogue or Bazaar... put a real woman on the cover and not some poke and choked toothpick (no offense) She gets constant accolades anytime a twirly skirt or a pheasant top are ever shown in an article so i think its about time that she get some MAJOR FASHION RESPECT in 2003!!!! which is anice segway into image-

2. Lets face it John will always look like the uncle at the memorial day BBQ watching to make sure the chicken doesnt burn on the grill and let him do his thing... that man has paid his dues. Same for Mick, though Mr. Fleetwood always seems put together... crazy looks and all. Lindsey: button up... wear some leather pants... give the ladies something to wag their tongues over.
I think he looks good either way but he could play up his guitar god image a little more... i dont know... maybe im off alittle. And miss nicks: hate the black dress but whatever. what happened to the red dress from the 97 rolling stone cover, or the hall of fame black dress..she looked amazing in that. and the hair is looking good despite itself... i like the no bangs thing... i think she needs to flat iron it... thats all... she was sexy when i was 7 and watching her in the seven wonders video... and i think shes a damn sexy now. i know she likes to keep her sexuality on the low but maybe she could find a new black dress... please god let stevie find a new black dress... MARGIE KENT CAN YOU HEAR ME???

3. Suprise us.. play something you havent played in years. make us moist just hearing the intro to sisters of the moon. I know sara is a LONG shot... maybe just once???/ please? DO everybody finds out and let stvie rip the shreds out of it. I want to see some mac drama that I saw during silver springs. I know she can do it... the menopause should not a be a road block to her emotional output. then again im a 22 yo male what do i know about the "change". I just want to see sparks i guess... and maybe some Sara.

4. DO A VIDEO. NOT A PERFORMANCE VIDEO. get a cutting edge young director. let them have their input and then fleetwood mac it up. Big videos dont necissarily get a **** load of airply but VH1 is, at lkeast i like to think, still a Mac allie. If cher can blow a Believe video out of her ass (and that is in no way a cher diss... im gay..she's like my matron saint) HOWEVER... i know that everyone says its all about the music but they priobably also want to hit a new market of fans and maybe a strong video would attract even more intrest... HELL MTV MAKING THE VIDEO WOULD BE A RIOT. Get stevie wound up and let her fly.

What do you all think?? It's probably all a bunch of bollocks but "I am something of a dreamer."
Old 04-26-2003, 05:45 PM
Ledgie

Why is "Sara" such a longshot to be performed? I know I have heard the reason but I can't recall.

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2003, 05:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

it occurred to me that perhaps the mac wasn't into the whole tv thing. here they are, together for the first time in ages, and suddenly Warner Bros and NBC hatch this big publicitity deal that has them singing a few scattered songs on random tv shows. why not perform a whole set and show it as a primetime special, a la the dance? then the record buying public could see them really get into it as the performance rolls along, instead of seeing a couple stray performances during which the band probably wasn't completely warmed up. not only would a televised concert mean great exposure (i bet it would get killer ratings), but a dvd release of the concert would probably go gold if not platinum. and a televised concert just seems more legit/less crass than appearing on two of TV's highest rated talk shows.

btw, did anybody catch friends thursday? i understand a FM song was to be played, but i missed the show. was one played? was it the whole song or just a snippet?
Old 04-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Ledgie

i have heard two reasons:

one is the live arrangment is too difficult?? I dont know the validity of that.
and second maybe the subject matter??? i have heard this befoire but i dont know where.... there might be an explanation in the "stevie nicks in her own words" web site. its has a breakdown of songs with supplimental commentary.