The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-17-2021, 08:01 AM

Default MOJO Article

There's a MOJO article, if someone can post the whole thing, I'd be grateful. I had to read it in JPG form. Here's a highlight.

MOJO: You are touring with your own band during summer 2020 but could you see yourself performing with Fleetwood Mac again?

LB: OF COURSE. It would be so appropriate for the five of us to go out again, even if you want to call it a farewell tour. I didn't see the last shows but I heard it was a little generic, like a covers band. That's fine, because there's always a faction of people who are coming for the brand, per se. And aren't going to differentiate in terms of members as long as Stevie is up there. But, it would be great for us to share it one last time. I know Mick and Christine would love that to happen. Wait and see.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-17-2021 at 08:11 AM..
Old 08-17-2021, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
There's a MOJO article, if someone can post the whole thing, I'd be grateful. I had to read it in JPG form. Here's a highlight.
I just posted the link to the review in a FB post in the new album thread (hope this works)
:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Lind...7929297988199/
Old 08-17-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
I just posted the link to the review in a FB post in the new album thread (hope this works)
:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Lind...7929297988199/
Ahh yes. That's where I read it. Thank you!
Old 08-17-2021, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

But, hey, that's rock'n'roll...

That's rock'n'roll?? No. That's business. A bit of neurosis probably, too, but business anyway.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess the biggest piece of news to me is the comment about doormat..I mean Christine being on board with his return. I assumed she would be, but it sounds like there may have been additional conversations between he and Christine.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks has cancelled all of her gigs for the rest of the year due to rising Covid cases in the US.

If health condition permits, do you think she will be in a Fleetwood Mac tour in 2022? Most probably she will restart her solo concerts. But with what I read about the evolution of the virus, I see any tour difficult.
Old 08-17-2021, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Stevie Nicks has cancelled all of her gigs for the rest of the year due to rising Covid cases in the US.

If health condition permits, do you think she will be in a Fleetwood Mac tour in 2022? Most probably she will restart her solo concerts. But with what I read about the evolution of the virus, I see any tour difficult.
Hell will freeze over before she cancels her I'm the Boss Over Here.. .for... I'm the Boss over Here TOO Tour
Old 08-17-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I guess the biggest piece of news to me is the comment about doormat..I mean Christine being on board with his return. I assumed she would be, but it sounds like there may have been additional conversations between he and Christine.
Christine: Hey just calling to check on you. It's been quiet. I've written a few things. How are you?

Lindsey: Well, you know, it's been rough between Nicks Virus, Covid Virus, and my pending separation. But I'll be touring soon.

Christine: Yeah, well that's good. I know Mick really misses you. I haven't talked to John.

Lindsey: Well good! I've talked to Mick too. He said he was miserable having to answer to, and do everything the boss said. But, she needs that kind of attention.

Christine: Oh Lindsey it was horrible. We had to do other bands' songs. She wanted to do a Prince song, but I can't pretend to play keys for Prince songs.

Lindsey: Well just have Stevie twirl around like an idiot and nobody will notice anyway.

Christine: Yea, she still does that stupid thing. Well anyway, Mick and I are going to demand and/or beg that we get the Rumours 5 back. I hope you're open to it.

Lindsey: Well yeah man. A profound reconvening of our past machinery. And if I do get divorced, I'll need that check. I'll start programming the backing tracks.

Christine: Great. Could you program more of Stevie's vocals? They let her sing on the last tour and Gypsy made me want to join Chicken Shack again.

Lindsey: No problem. And if and when you call, I'll be sleeping around the corner.

Christine: Nice one, Lindsey. Ta Ta..

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-17-2021 at 12:17 PM..
Old 08-17-2021, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m a huge Christine fan and don’t think she’s a doormat. After a 16-year absence, she sadly lost her place in the hierarchy.

But I DO wonder how in the heck she’ll be able to manage another tour in a year or two….
Old 08-17-2021, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I’m a huge Christine fan and don’t think she’s a doormat. After a 16-year absence, she sadly lost her place in the hierarchy.

But I DO wonder how in the heck she’ll be able to manage another tour in a year or two….
Who's gonna pay for this new house?
Old 08-17-2021, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She's too old now. In a couple years, I don't see how it will even be a possibility.

This is getting embarrassing for them, IMO.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Who's gonna pay for this new house?
Girl’s gotta live.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She's too old now. In a couple years, I don't see how it will even be a possibility.

This is getting embarrassing for them, IMO.
I know. They should just do a taped outing with a handful of songs interspersed with interviews. Or nothing. They should do nothing. Except a studio record they don’t tour.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know. They should just do a taped outing with a handful of songs interspersed with interviews. Or nothing. They should do nothing. Except a studio record they don’t tour.
I'd rather hear an interview now, than croaking voices, and pretending to play the keys.

I think if you told them 46 years ago that they'll still be milking the FM teat when they were knocking on 80, with no voices left, they'd have never believed you.

Believe me, I wish I could dial back 30 years of their lives(and mine, too!)
But it's time to call it a day...
Old 08-17-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But it's time to call it a day...
And finally turn out the light.