User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2022, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mike Campbell Interview

The guy who made it is using a clickbait headline

Mike Campbell says that he’s not involved in Fleetwood Mac anymore at this point: “I think that’s a ship that sailed for me.”

https://youtu.be/peLVfKmpROY

The Fleetwood Mac question is at the 18 minute mark. There’s nothing new. He said that it’s an open question and that he’d be there if they called.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-10-2022, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t think anyone is involved in Fleetwood Mac at this point. They’re probably by way of being either dormant or extinct, although there are three things I refuse to time: my death, the markets, and Fleetwood Mac.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-10-2022, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Mike Campbell says that he’s not involved in Fleetwood Mac anymore at this point: “I think that’s a ship that sailed for me.”

The Fleetwood Mac question is at the 18 minute mark. There’s nothing new. He said that it’s an open question and that he’d be there if they called.
He may have to come out with a clarification like Christine did last year when she said the thinks if there was another tour it would be without John.

I wonder the if the band meeting in 2020 was the last time Mike and Stevie talked. He said during lockdown he sent her tracks and she didn't respond.

I really think they should have released a single for the last tour. It's really too bad.
Old 03-10-2022, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I really think they should have released a single for the last tour. It's really too bad.
Or a new song for the “Don’t Stop” comp.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-10-2022, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or a new song for the “Don’t Stop” comp.
That's a good idea. But I don't think the band had anything to do with that compilation, right? It was RHINO

I wonder if Stevie wants Extended Play to be the last musical offering of FM and she just sees FM's current mission as performing the repertoire from the 1960s to the 1980s for the tons of young fans that are buying FM concert tickets.

Fleetwood Mac is probably getting mega offers to tour this year but Stevie really wants to do the outdoor festival style gigs.

Good on Mike and Neil for making albums and doing tours.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He may have to come out with a clarification like Christine did last year when she said the thinks if there was another tour it would be without John.

I wonder the if the band meeting in 2020 was the last time Mike and Stevie talked. He said during lockdown he sent her tracks and she didn't respond.

this really frosts me because in an interview during lockdown she made a comment how whoever she's been in lockdown with said to her "oh let's do an album/record some songs" and she quite snippily said basically oh that's easy for THEM to say but *I'm* the one that has to come up with the material.... So here was someone doing the heavy musical lifting (not her strong suit) and her just needing to go thru, to quote her, her millions of songs and poems and whatnot, and put some to the music. I'm not saying that is effortless, but it's half the battle. I gotta say it all makes Lindsey look more and more exactly on point when he says her writing capabilities are dried up, and frankly it also says her desire to do it at ALL seems non existent anymore as well. She's DONE, she just wants to coast, and hey that's fine. She wants that time off she always griped she never had. Well, consider that a gift of COVID in a way-- plenty of time and did she do all the stuff she said she would do if she had the time? She did not. Instead, she b*tched about being bored. She just says sh&t with no real meaning behind it anymore.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

the ship hasn't sailed at all, it's stuck in port. On a sandbar.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well, consider that a gift of COVID in a way-- plenty of time and did she do all the stuff she said she would do if she had the time? She did not. Instead, she b*tched about being bored.
There was that recent video of her where she said she was working with Greg Kurstin. There could be an album coming this spring for all we know!
Old 03-10-2022, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this really frosts me because in an interview during lockdown she made a comment how whoever she's been in lockdown with said to her "oh let's do an album/record some songs" and she quite snippily said basically oh that's easy for THEM to say but *I'm* the one that has to come up with the material....
The others have backlogs of material, so she isn’t wrong.

Still, imagine if “Wreckless Abandon” had been a Fleetwood Mac song.

Quote:
her writing capabilities are dried up, and frankly it also says her desire to do it at ALL seems non existent anymore as well.
Have either of you listed to TITN or BTM lately?

Of course she doesn’t want to make an album with other songwriters.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-11-2022, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Stevie has a lot of songs in The Vault. She said in 2014 she wanted to make a second songs from the vault. I hope she does.

The point about TITN and BTM is that her songs are the weakest on those albums?

I like all of her songs on those albums but for The Second Time. Seven Wonders is annoying 80s synth and keys but I can at least tap my foot to it.
Old 03-11-2022, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie has a lot of songs in The Vault. She said in 2014 she wanted to make a second songs from the vault. I hope she does.
Amazing and puzzling why she does not put that second vault album out and tour it.

Quote:
The point about TITN and BTM is that her songs are the weakest on those albums?
Exactly the point. When Lindsey says she has dried up recently, it’s a little cringe to think that she actually dried up thirty years ago. I mean, despite a few scattered cool songs, she hasn’t been operating at the level of a great songwriter in at least that long (for me personally, it’s even longer). She hasn’t written a “Sara” in forty years — and a “Dreams” or a “Gold Dust Woman” in Jesus years. Her burst of powerful songwriting energy in her mature years never arrived, and I expected it to. Her big statements as a lyricist, with all those songs that captured a generation, ended before middle age. We keep wanting her to return to the fore with an essential batch of songs, but she seems unable to funnel all that middle-age wisdom into songs that equal or exceed her earlier great work.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-11-2022, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

yes but the point is Mike was more than willing to share tracks with her which is the weakest part of her writing alone... so she'd have tracks, she reports she's got reams of lyrics and poems from forever, and the work would be putting some of those lyrics together with Mike's tracks to come up with a melody. She's got most of the pieces already and would mainly need to spend some time putting the right bits together, and she's not even interested in that.
Old 03-11-2022, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Amazing and puzzling why she does not put that second vault album out and tour it.

Exactly the point. When Lindsey says she has dried up recently, it’s a little cringe to think that she actually dried up thirty years ago. I mean, despite a few scattered cool songs, she hasn’t been operating at the level of a great songwriter in at least that long (for me personally, it’s even longer). She hasn’t written a “Sara” in forty years — and a “Dreams” or a “Gold Dust Woman” in Jesus years. Her burst of powerful songwriting energy in her mature years never arrived, and I expected it to. Her big statements as a lyricist, with all those songs that captured a generation, ended before middle age. We keep wanting her to return to the fore with an essential batch of songs, but she seems unable to funnel all that middle-age wisdom into songs that equal or exceed her earlier great work.
She did an interview in Fall of 2014 where she said how when she tours for 24 Karat, she would do 24 K songs and ones she didn't do from In Your Dreams and when she did a second 24 K, she'd perform those new songs and those she didn't do from the first 24 K.
I wish I could find that interview because she actually wasn't nice to the interviewer. The interviewer asked Stevie if she might do Silver Springs on her solo tour and Stevie shot back with "You just go through and choose"
She was probably not happy she had to be awake during business hours.

If you read Stevie's New Yorker interview, she says she has plenty of memories to pull from to write love songs.
Old 03-11-2022, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes but the point is Mike was more than willing to share tracks with her which is the weakest part of her writing alone... so she'd have tracks, she reports she's got reams of lyrics and poems from forever, and the work would be putting some of those lyrics together with Mike's tracks to come up with a melody. She's got most of the pieces already and would mainly need to spend some time putting the right bits together, and she's not even interested in that.
She did it with Greg Kurstin! He gave her an Avicii track for Show Them the Way, HAHA
Old 03-12-2022, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I'll go even further and say Stevie only had a decade of consistently great songs (1973-83). After that, it was hit or miss.

Quote:
Be that as it may, the others have backlogs of *completed* songs. Neil alone probably has a few albums worth of unreleased songs.

Stevie's record with Mike is a little spotty. There have been some great songs (Blue Denim), mediocre songs (Freedom), and some terrible songs (Desert Angel).

The biggest issue I see with Stevie is that she insists that songs be recorded just like her demos, which is a crappy way to go about being in a band, especially one full of critically acclaimed musicians. The collaborative spirit in the making of an album is half the reason to be in a band.

THE Stephen Hopkins