Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2022, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They were in a bitter lawsuit in 1997. After the lawsuit was settled, Bob reconciled with Mick and was on friendly terms with him for the rest of his life.

I got the impression Bob never really reconciled with the McVies, though. I wonder if he and Christine could have patched things up if she hadn’t retired?

Mick was the only one from the SYW lineup who agreed to play a benefit Bob was trying to organize for Wendy. Bob sang Mick’s praises and was livid with Stevie and Lindsey for declining on this message board.
Wasn't the lawsuit filed before 1997? I think it was in the heat of things and near settlement by 1997? I could be wrong but my memory is the suit was filed far before The Dance rebounded the band. I seem to remember Bob was not trolling them for their new success. Am I wrong? Did Bob jump at the Dance success? Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember the lawsuit came at the worst time for the band when the band was sort of over and even solo careers had dried up. How much could Bob have really been asking for? Prior to 1997 (when all Mac albums started selling again), there were few Gold albums if any with the Mac in his era. Now they are pretty much all Gold. It would have cost the band more money to defend in court than pay what he was asking for. Maybe the band was right and that is why they fought Bob so much? In any event, no reason he should have been on stage with them.

Btw
Check this out at 5:20. Bob is cut off the photo of the album. The announcer states the Mac was looking for a front man and found Lindsey. No mention how Bob was a front man and left. Earlier in the segment, it mentions the other members. Its laughable how this segment was put together. Lindsey and Stevie magically appear in the band. This segment says there was no Bob Welch and the band came to America and hired Stevie and Lindsey. Seriously man, this is what the petty Van Halen brothers did to Michael Anthony. They tried to erase him from the band's history on their website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESVnX0BtYOQ

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-24-2022 at 06:51 AM..