User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2022, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Unhappy 5 least favorite Stevie Mac songs

We do lots of favorite lists so which are your least favorite Stevie Mac songs. No solo stuff (that list would be too long )

5. Silver Girl - I despise Stevie's Sheryl Crow era

4. Second Time - the vocal is not great. Its an ok song and a quick song to slap on BTM. Not much time put into it.

3. Affairs of the Heart - you can hear the klonopin in her voice. The song is so basic and not her best in the lyrics department either

2. Welcome To The Room Sara - Have I been here before? DeJa'Vu right? The not so secret meaning is cool but totally flops as a song. You can tell Lindsey did not spend that much time polishing this flop.

1. When I see you again - whatsa matter baby, baby baby baby. This song you can peal back and discover how it was not finished and Lindsey found a way to do something with it. He put his vocal at the end to give the song something and try and make it long enough for an album. If you remove Lindsey's part, it would be a joke of a song.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
1. When I see you again - whatsa matter baby, baby baby baby. This song you can peal back and discover how it was not finished and Lindsey found a way to do something with it. He put his vocal at the end to give the song something and try and make it long enough for an album. If you remove Lindsey's part, it would be a joke of a song.
I remember an interview where Stevie said she had to beg Lindsey to add his vocal to the end of that song because he so adamantly didn’t want to.

I agree this is her worst FM song. I guess Lindsey can’t make all of her songs sound good.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not much to add to this list, they're all pretty awful. I'm surprised these made it onto albums, especially Tango in the Night where (at least) 1/2 the album was great.

When I see You Again though I think can take the honours of surpassing Dave Walker's contributions to Penguin as Fleetwood Mac's worst song. With the exception of Lindsey's vocal at the end, everything is wrong about the song, but her singing is horrible.

I'm going to add one that is second worst only to this piece of dreck is Paper Doll, omg what we're they thinking- the draw out of fascinated by somebody else, I just can't listen too, it's a stupid, stupid song.

Welcome to the Room, Sara- can't be saved by the "trying to be cool" beat and vibe it's just too awful for that to save it and it is a terrible fit for the album.

Silver Girl should not have been on Say You Will, her other songs on the album are not bad albeit with some odd production and not so great vocals in spots.

Second Time- there is a decent song in there somewhere, but alas not to be found, and entirely forgettable.
Old 01-16-2022, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. The Second Time
2. Paper Doll
3. Welcome to the Room... Sara
4. Silver Girl
5. Fireflies, Goodbye Baby, Freedom, No Questions Asked = 4 way tie of grossness.
Old 01-16-2022, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
1. The Second Time
2. Paper Doll
3. Welcome to the Room... Sara
4. Silver Girl
5. Fireflies, Goodbye Baby, Freedom, No Questions Asked = 4 way tie of grossness.
I love Fireflies, and like Paper Doll, too.
Old 01-16-2022, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Silver Girl
Sweet Girl
Gold Dust Woman
When I See You Again
Everybody Finds Out
Old 01-16-2022, 07:07 PM

Affairs of the Heart
Silver Girl
Second Time
Freedom
No Questions Asked
Old 01-16-2022, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys nailed it. If we’re talking about discarded tracks, I always thought “What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done For You” was pretty atrocious too. Another Tango-era nadir!
Old 01-16-2022, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
You guys nailed it. If we’re talking about discarded tracks, I always thought “What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done For You” was pretty atrocious too. Another Tango-era nadir!
I think that song is better than When I see you again and Welcome to the room sara. Its a very arrogant song so I can see Lindsey not wanting to touch it with a 10 foot pole. However it would have spiced up Tango In The Night for sure compared to her other "contributions."
Old 01-16-2022, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A cursory view of Stevie's vault could've redeemed her a little bit for Tango, Running Through the Garden may have sounded interesting with an added Tango vibe for instance. Even Ooh My Love, was given a little attention, and it turned out great on TOSOM. What Has Rock and Roll was not a good song, but better than the two that made it.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Gold Dust Woman
You should be banished from Stevie Nicks fandom for including GDW in your hate list.
Old 01-17-2022, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You should be banished from Stevie Nicks fandom for including GDW in your hate list.
*gulp* what can I say, I’ve never cared for the song, unless I’m watching it live in person. But to hear it on my stereo or in the car- absolutely not!
Old 01-17-2022, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That raised my eyebrows too. I think its one of her best songs. I love the lyrics and the chorus is probably her best. I love when they spoke to Lindsey on the 20th anniversary of Rumours and they isolated Stevie's screaming. I think even he said they were overly creative on the song. At least he is consistent because Everybody Finds Out is also another favorite lol.

To each their own though
Old 01-17-2022, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I Don't Want to Know
Welcome to the Room Sara
Affairs of the Heart
Freedom (tied)
Silver Girl

Honourable mention to Paper Doll and Angel (a great song with a ****ty arrangement/production)

WISYA and The Second Time get passes from me because I always love a Stevie ballad no matter what.
Old 01-17-2022, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I Don't Want to Know

Mitzo, I Don’t Want to Know is pop perfection to my ears! Short and sweet, with Lindsey and Stevie harmonizing so beautifully.