The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2023, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Setlist.fm seems to indicate she has dropped Sara? Seeing her in her red shawl was about the only interesting thing on this tour so far. Bleh.
Old 05-24-2023, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
Setlist.fm seems to indicate she has dropped Sara? Seeing her in her red shawl was about the only interesting thing on this tour so far. Bleh.
Does someone have a setlist for this tour handy? Is she singing “Annabel Lee” or “For What It’s Worth” (from her 2011 solo album)? I quite like those two. How about “How Still My Love”? She hasn’t done that one in awhile, I think. I hope she kept “I Sing for the Things” in her set, or added “Sleeping Angel.”

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-24-2023, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Does someone have a setlist for this tour handy? Is she singing “Annabel Lee” or “For What It’s Worth” (from her 2011 solo album)? I quite like those two. How about “How Still My Love”? She hasn’t done that one in awhile, I think. I hope she kept “I Sing for the Things” in her set, or added “Sleeping Angel.”
Had been this although perhaps no Sara at the last show?

Outside the Rain
Dreams
If Anyone Falls
Stop Dragging…
Fall From Grace
For What It’s Worth (the cover)
Gypsy
Wild Heart
Bella Donna
Soldiers Angel
Stand Back
I Sing for the Things
Gold Dust
Sara
Edge
Free Fallin
Rhiannon
Landslide
Old 05-24-2023, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
I don't think she would drop Sara. She seemed to really enjoy performing it.

I Sing For the Things is a big surprise. I just find that song boring. The Nightmare would have been pretty awesome.
Old 05-25-2023, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sharon was not on stage with Stevie in Florida tonight. After Landslide, she spoke of her 47 year friendship with Christine and how there was never a harsh word. I think it was right for her to keep Landslide about Christine.

I am surprised she hasn't said anything about Tina's passing. She wrote about and spoke live about Elizabeth Windsor's passing last year. Pretty much all the big names in music have said something, including Ann and Nancy, Sheryl Crow and Cyndi Lauper.
Old 05-26-2023, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I am surprised she hasn't said anything about Tina's passing. She wrote about and spoke live about Elizabeth Windsor's passing last year.
Elizabeth II was Queen of the Empi… Commonwealth. Not exactly the same thing as a rock singer Brownsville, Tennessee.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2023, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Sharon was not on stage with Stevie in Florida tonight. After Landslide, she spoke of her 47 year friendship with Christine and how there was never a harsh word. I think it was right for her to keep Landslide about Christine.

I am surprised she hasn't said anything about Tina's passing. She wrote about and spoke live about Elizabeth Windsor's passing last year. Pretty much all the big names in music have said something, including Ann and Nancy, Sheryl Crow and Cyndi Lauper.
She gets in trouble when she overembellishes. No doubt being two women in a group made them have a special bond. I truly believe she is heartfelt about missing Christine. But when she claims there were never harsh words and in the interview she claims she never had a fight with Chris is a bit sugar coated. There were years when they never saw each other. Chris never put up with anyone's bull unless it was her lover. No doubt she put Stevie in her place more than a few times. Even in families there are fights. Fleetwood Mac is famous for infighting. So I hate it when she says they never had a fight. Impossible to believe. In 1984 Chris even sort of bashed Stevie for her life stating "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground. Today she has created a fantasy world that I am not a part of. We don't socialize much." They were bandmates and got along when they were together. Best friends visit and talk on the phone and hang out. But like anyone's passing she always wants to take possession of it. I know she's still putting up photos of Tom but please dont tell me she's still doing the Prince photoshopped photo production.

I am not surprised Sara was dropped from her set. It was the one surprise she had and its throwing her off. She sticks to the same set over and over.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-26-2023 at 05:55 AM..
Old 05-26-2023, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Not exactly the same thing as a rock singer Brownsville, Tennessee.
Awww, Tina. My opinion is where she's from is not relevant in discussing her importance versus Elizabeth Windsor. But Stevie also last year made public statements about Aaron Carter, ONJ, and Naomi Judd.

I think a Tina post is definitely coming today. RollingStone's main page had the headline "Queen of Rock and Roll, Dead at 83." Many of the major news channels said the same.

What do you think about Stevie's setlist? She used pre-records of Sharon's vocals!
Old 05-26-2023, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am not surprised Sara was dropped from her set. It was the one surprise she had and its throwing her off. She sticks to the same set over and over.
If it's true she didn't play Sara this week, I think it will be held for the Billy Joel shows.

So if you see her solo you get 17 songs including I Sing For the Things and Soldier's Angel. If you see her with Billy, you get 16 songs but you get Sara as the exclusive.

As for Fall From Grace returning, I wonder if she rehearsed Planets of the Universe too, which is her other fierce lyric. But Fall From Grace does keep people bopping their heads where POTU may get people to take their seats.
Old 05-27-2023, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As for Fall From Grace returning, I wonder if she rehearsed Planets of the Universe too, which is her other fierce lyric. But Fall From Grace does keep people bopping their heads where POTU may get people to take their seats.
I'm very glad to hear she's doing FALL. It pulls some inner rock out of her. It forces her to really crank it up. You can't coast your way through it. You have to SING it, and loud. And because there is singing all the way through it, you don't have any time to drift away from the mic and do anything goofy or silly. Singing FALL every night helps remind Stevie that she's a rock singer (or used to be). Maybe it can keep her young.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-27-2023, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I'm very glad to hear she's doing FALL. It pulls some inner rock out of her. It forces her to really crank it up. You can't coast your way through it. You have to SING it, and loud. And because there is singing all the way through it, you don't have any time to drift away from the mic and do anything goofy or silly. Singing FALL every night helps remind Stevie that she's a rock singer (or used to be). Maybe it can keep her young.
I think it's been 12 years since she's played it too. This tour she actually walks in a circle during Waddy's small solo. But you're right - it takes focus to sing this song.

Another thing she says while introducing the song this tour is that it's her meanest song, but at the end it goes to another place "Maybe I fought this long... just to make sure you survive" as in there's care for the person she's fighting with.
It's funny for me because I always thought that line stung the most. Basically, without me, you wouldn't have been able to afford anything