Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I heard Stand Back at the gym this morning. Stevie's live vocal on the song packs a punch. Her second verse is really intense and even the second chorus is a bit different than the first chorus. All really cool.
Then I thought of our poor Homer. The song must drive drive him nuts because the backing vocals do not match up exactly with the lead singer. I love that. It has such a wild live sound.
As we discussed on another thread, I wonder if it really is about Prince and Stevie begging for his attention.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I heard Stand Back at the gym this morning. Stevie's live vocal on the song packs a punch. Her second verse is really intense and even the second chorus is a bit different than the first chorus. All really cool.
Then I thought of our poor Homer. The song must drive drive him nuts because the backing vocals do not match up exactly with the lead singer. I love that. It has such a wild live sound.
As we discussed on another thread, I wonder if it really is about Prince and Stevie begging for his attention.
Perfection isn't an accident - Glenn Frey

The phrasing should match!!! - Homie Homenstein

And Prince should have paid her more attention. You know, since they're the same size.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:51 PM

I heard YMLF twice today in two different places. Ralphs, then a dry cleaning store.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:48 AM

Sirius has been playing IDWK!! I'm one that's glad it beat out Silver Springs. I'm not crazy about the studio version or even demos of that tune.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Sirius has been playing IDWK!! I'm one that's glad it beat out Silver Springs. I'm not crazy about the studio version or even demos of that tune.
Same!!! I love IDWK. It's the first guitar solo I ever learned. It's such a fun song. $tevie has no taste(well, that's not sour).
Old 08-02-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Same!!! I love IDWK. It's the first guitar solo I ever learned. It's such a fun song. $tevie has no taste(well, that's not sour).
$HE has good taste in creation. Just doesn't know how to edit.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess that’s three of us. I’ve always loved IDWK and think it fits the running order the record perfectly. In only two places on Rumours do we hear two up-tempo tunes in a row (the The Chain outro notwithstanding): Don’t Stop-GYOW and YMLF-IDWK. These moments are crucial in the record’s momentum.

Plus LB’s shared vocal on IDWK keeps his presence balanced on side 2.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I guess that’s three of us. I’ve always loved IDWK and think it fits the running order the record perfectly. In only two places on Rumours do we hear two up-tempo tunes in a row (the The Chain outro notwithstanding): Don’t Stop-GYOW and YMLF-IDWK. These moments are crucial in the record’s momentum.

Plus LB’s shared vocal on IDWK keeps his presence balanced on side 2.
Crystal and IDWK are way at the top of my list (in songs that he sings of hers). I hear slightly more LB than SN on IDWK. As a duet, it's absolutely wonderful.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always thought it was so strange and unimaginative for when Christine left, the Mac did not play IDWTK live on the SYW tour and then the Unleashed tour. I mean when only Stevie and Lindsey were fronting the band it made total sense to put it into the set along with Crystal and Frozen Love.
The Mac has always been the least imaginative group when it comes to set lists. Everyone would know that song yet they stuck to the same songs they always play.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I assume IDWK is tainted for Stevie. She has PTSD due to being told about its predecessor's demise in a carpark.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 08-02-2021 at 09:12 PM..
Old 08-02-2021, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I always thought it was so strange and unimaginative for when Christine left, the Mac did not play IDWTK live on the SYW tour and then the Unleashed tour. I mean when only Stevie and Lindsey were fronting the band it made total sense to put it into the set along with Crystal and Frozen Love.
The Mac has always been the least imaginative group when it comes to set lists. Everyone would know that song yet they stuck to the same songs they always play.
They could (and should) have done Crystal or even Frozen Love. But by 2003, I’m fairly certain neither of them could handle the higher register required for IDWK.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I assume IDWK is tainted for Stevie. She has PTSD due to being told about its predecessor's demise in a carpark.
Had it charted in the top ten she’d have insisted (in that very same carpark) it was her idea to put it on the album.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They could (and should) have done Crystal or even Frozen Love. But by 2003, I’m fairly certain neither of them could handle the higher register required for IDWK.
Didn't they rehearse it for Unleashed? The original is in B, and if I remember correctly, they lowered it to A. I remember that someone posted video of it. Maybe they did it a couple of shows then dropped it?
Old 08-03-2021, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Didn't they rehearse it for Unleashed? The original is in B, and if I remember correctly, they lowered it to A. I remember that someone posted video of it. Maybe they did it a couple of shows then dropped it?
Your memory is like mine but its wrong on this. I could have also sworn they did it a few nights. A few years ago there was this exact thread and I was wrong. It was never performed live. I don't know if they rehearsed it but it was never performed live. I thought like you but was proven wrong. I also could have sworn there was a youtube video of it but was wrong about that too.
I think its an urban legend
Old 08-03-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Had it charted in the top ten she’d have insisted (in that very same carpark) it was her idea to put it on the album.
I told Mick, that song needs to be on that album. I wrote this great song called Silver Springs and they wanted that one. But, I wanted something a little more Buckingham Nicks to be reflected on that record. And they did it. They listened to me. (laughs)