Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't miss 7W as a song, but when something happens that brings them to the attention of a new audience like American Horror Story or the pony moonwalking commercial, I think they should capitalize on it.

That's why I'm eager for Everywhere to get to the UK.

Michele
I'm with you. I cant wait to see Everywhere performed in England. I wonder how many dancing ponies will be there.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nooooooo! I've been trying to stay away from tour news in anticipation of the NZ dates. I'll be absolutely gutted if neither of those tunes are in the setlist in November. Both of them are ones I never, ever thought I'd see live, Seven Wonders especially is one of my favourites, so if they're still cut... damnit. Very silly choice to make since they're both so popular.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Still out, as of Vancouver tonight. This is Lindsey's setlist:

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 04-05-2015, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I never heard she sang the wrong words on Seven Wonders. Does anyone know this story? Is this why she sounds marbled mouthed on some parts?
When listening to the demo made by Sandy Stewart Stevie misheard the words 'all the way down you held the line' and instead sang 'all the way down to Emmeline'. After singing it this way it was kept in which allowed Stevie to receive a writers credit.

I think she sings it just great- when you say 'marble-mouthed' are you referring to the second 'well you know I'm sorry but...' ? I've always loved that part of the song.

So hope this is back in for Europe.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't fathom why it's considered a "horrible" vocal. I think it's a great, emphatic vocal, one of the best she's done.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw this show 5 times - in full. Seven Wonders was amazing each time and was very well received.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am not a big fan of Seven Wonders but I don't hate it either. However, I really enjoyed it live because it was something different. Ditto Little Lies. (By different, I mean something that they haven't played so much live).

For me knowing that Seven Wonders and Songbird were in the original setlists and have now been dropped makes me much less inclined to see them live again. I have never missed a Mac or SN/LB solo show in the Bay Area, but I saw them twice this tour already and now that the show will be two songs shorter, I'm for sure not going to go.

That said, I hope everyone enjoys their shows.

Kevin
Old 04-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Still out, as of Vancouver tonight. This is Lindsey's setlist:

Thanks for posting! Interesting that the two songs are simply scratched out. Perhaps an indication that they aren't permanently dropped?
Old 04-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really think they ought to replace the two songs, not just drop them. Especially "Songbird." It's been so long since Chris performed, it seems a real shame for her part of the show to be reduced. A lot of fans would like to hear "Hold Me," for instance, or how about one of those lovely ballads from 'Tusk' that are being praised in another thread?
Old 04-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I really think they ought to replace the two songs, not just drop them. Especially "Songbird." It's been so long since Chris performed, it seems a real shame for her part of the show to be reduced. A lot of fans would like to hear "Hold Me," for instance, or how about one of those lovely ballads from 'Tusk' that are being praised in another thread?
If they are able to replace them they shouldn't drop them.
They must be dropped either due to Christine's hand injury and protection for Stevie's voice or because they are so exhausted and need to cut the set down. I don't think they are cut because they particularly want to cut those songs.

By the way, has Seven Wonders been a comfort break/drinks break song? If not, what song/songs are the closest in this regard?
Old 04-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe this means absolutely nothing. But songbird is just crossed out in red and seven wonders is crossed out in red and black.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
By the way, has Seven Wonders been a comfort break/drinks break song? If not, what song/songs are the closest in this regard?
My bathroom break moment is usually during either Never Going Back Again or the Big Love intro speech. I wouldn't leave during Seven Wonders because it's such a rarity to hear live.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I remember correctly, a lot of people left for a bathroom break during I Know I'm Not Wrong and/or Sisters of the Moon. Go figure.

Kevin
Old 04-05-2015, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Big Love is my pee song. I've heard it too many times. Now, if they'd do the full band version, I would stay and pee my pants!!!
Old 04-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion...

...but you are wrong, Seven Wonders is absolutely brilliant
I agree. Seven Wonders is (in spite of the shape her voice was in at the time) one of her best vocals ever. So much personality in it. That song is brilliant and even her rendition of it now sounded inspired. My only criticism is that it sounds like they were playing it slow. But nevertheless, I wish it were still in the set.