Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Australia & New Zealand dates

And off we go...

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2015...australia.html

November 9 - Geelong, Australia (A Day on the Green)
November 18 - Dunedin, NZ
November 21 - Auckland, NZ

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-19-2015, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No offense but do they ever plan to record? Jesus!!!!!
Old 03-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Australia Dates Anounced.

This is the first I have seen for Australia dates...
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...-1227269540414
Old 03-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://www.fleetwoodmac.com/news/243693

FLEETWOOD MAC will bring their On With The Show World Tour to Australia and New Zealand in 2015.

The On With The Show Tour will mark Fleetwood Mac’s first series of concert dates in Australia and New Zealand since 2009’s sold-out Unleashed Tour. Touring as a five-piece for the first time since 1998, one of music’s most enduring groups of all time, Fleetwood Mac, will play a selection of arena, stadium and winery shows this October - November. All five original band members are back together, with Christine McVie rejoining band mates Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks after a 16-year absence.

ON WITH THE SHOW TOUR AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND 2015

Mar.19.2015 by User

FLEETWOOD MAC will bring their On With The Show World Tour to Australia and New Zealand in 2015.

The On With The Show Tour will mark Fleetwood Mac’s first series of concert dates in Australia and New Zealand since 2009’s sold-out Unleashed Tour. Touring as a five-piece for the first time since 1998, one of music’s most enduring groups of all time, Fleetwood Mac, will play a selection of arena, stadium and winery shows this October - November. All five original band members are back together, with Christine McVie rejoining band mates Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks after a 16-year absence.

The On With The Show Tour will see Fleetwood Mac on stage for close to two and a half hours, showcasing hits and classic songs from their career that spans more than four decades and global album sales in excess of 100 million, including songs such as: “The Chain”, “Dreams”, “Second Hand News”, “Rhiannon”, “Sara”, “Gold Dust Woman”, “Tusk”, “Looking Out for Love”, “Don’t Stop”, “Go Your Own Way”…and the list goes on and on.

Tickets for all shows go on sale at 10am on Wednesday April 1.

American Express Card Members will have an opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public from midday, Thursday March 26 for Australian shows and midday Friday March 27 for New Zealand shows. Visit facebook.com/AmericanExpress for complete Card Member information.

ON WITH THE SHOW TOUR AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND 2015

Mar.19.2015 by User

The On With The Show Tour will see Fleetwood Mac on stage for close to two and a half hours, showcasing hits and classic songs from their career that spans more than four decades and global album sales in excess of 100 million, including songs such as: “The Chain”, “Dreams”, “Second Hand News”, “Rhiannon”, “Sara”, “Gold Dust Woman”, “Tusk”, “Looking Out for Love”, “Don’t Stop”, “Go Your Own Way”…and the list goes on and on.

Tickets for all shows go on sale at 10am on Wednesday April 1.

American Express Card Members will have an opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public from midday, Thursday March 26 for Australian shows and midday Friday March 27 for New Zealand shows. Visit facebook.com/AmericanExpress for complete Card Member information.

My Live Nation members can also be among the first to secure tickets during the pre-sale beginning at midday on Friday March 27 in New Zealand members and midday Monday March 30 in Australia. For complete details visit: www.livenation.com.au or www.livenation.co.nz.

ALLPHONES ARENA, SYDNEY
THURSDAY OCTOBER 22 & SATURDAY OCTOBER 24

DOMAIN STADIUM (formerly Patersons Stadium), PERTH
FRIDAY OCTOBER 30

ROD LAVER ARENA, MELBOURNE
MONDAY NOVEMBER 2 & WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 4

MT DUNEED ESTATE, GEELONG*
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 7

BRISBANE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE, BRISBANE
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 10

HOPE ESTATE WINERY, HUNTER VALLEY
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 14

FORSYTH BARR STADIUM, DUNEDIN
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 18

MT SMART STADIUM, AUCKLAND
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21

TICKETS ON SALE 10AM WEDNESDAY APRIL 1

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-19-2015, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well this has made my day, i was scared i was going to miss out, as i'm flying overseas for 3 months on the 31st of October, I have hedged my bets all year when i bought flights that they would announce dates around October, and i can make all the Sydney shows.... after the 8 shows i was meant to go to in 2013 this is out of this world.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sydney Morning Herald, March 20, 2015 by George Palathingal

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...20-1m3pvb.html

The dreams of thousands of Fleetwood Mac fans – not to mention key estranged member Christine McVie – will soon be coming true: the valued singer, songwriter and keyboard player will be rejoining her ex-husband John McVie and their fellow MacMembers Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, for a series of dates in Australia and New Zealand in October and November.
The rock royals had to cancel their sold-out 2013 Australian tour when John McVie was diagnosed with cancer but the bassist has since made enough of a recovery to play live again – hence this tour's title On with the Show. At the time Christine McVie was still no longer officially in the band she had left in 1998, but had rejoined them onstage in London for a one-off performance of Don't Stop (which she wrote) mere months before John's diagnosis.
Christine told The Guardian at the time, "I like being with the band, the whole idea of playing music with them ... If they were to ask me [to rejoin] I would probably be very delighted."
Well, they finally have and they've been touring North America to great acclaim, with a set said to include close to two and a half hours' worth of hits.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...#ixzz3UtkgUf5j
Old 03-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Fun 1979 band rider demand talk in second half of article]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...to-new-zealand

Stuff Co. NZ, March 20, 2015

British-American rock band Fleetwood Mac is bringing its On With The Show tour to New Zealand.

Band originals Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks, will tour as a five-piece for the first time since 1998.

The group will play at Dunedin's Forsyth Barr Stadium on November 18 and at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium on November 21. Tickets go on sale at 10am on April 1.

The two-and-a-half-hour show will feature classics such as The Chain, Dreams, Second Hand News, Rhiannon, Sara, Gold Dust Woman, Tusk, Don't Stop.

The On With The Show Tour marks Fleetwood Mac's first series of concert dates in New Zealand since 2009's sold-out Unleashed Tour.

In 2013, the veteran rockers cancelled their 14-date tour of New Zealand and Australia because founding member John McVie was due to be treated for cancer.

Formed in 1967 in London, the band has sold more than 100 million records worldwide.

Fleetwood Mac were known for their interesting rider demands.

A promoter, who did not want to be named, claimed that in 1979, when touring Tusk in Australia, the band's rider was for a "medieval tent... with only natural materials inside . . wooden stools, long tables like you see in old movies about knights.

"The food was to be hunks of meat which you ate with your hands, no plates, no cutlery or anything.

"The only receptacles allowed on the table were earthenware goblets which had to be handmade to be totally authentic. They had to have mead in them.

"The rider stated that at certain times of the evening it would be set up for dinner and the band could not be disturbed during that time."

He said the cost was astronomical - the equivalent in today's money of at least $50,000 per show.

But in five stadium shows, the band "never set foot in the tent once" said the promoter.

"At the end of the night the local crew would go in and scoff the lot."

Tickets for both New Zealand shows go on sale at 10am on Wednesday, April 1, with pre-sales for certain card holders from midday Tuesday.

- Stuff
Old 03-21-2015, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

disappointed they're not playing more cities
but there's a lot of dates in between

Melbourne here i come!! (fingers Xd since LN sucks balls)
Old 03-21-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
And off we go...

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2015...australia.html

November 9 - Geelong, Australia (A Day on the Green)
November 18 - Dunedin, NZ
November 21 - Auckland, NZ
You're the first person I thought of when I saw this! I'm so happy for you!
Old 03-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Bout damn time!

I plan to go to both NZ shows!
Old 03-24-2015, 03:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I plan to go to both NZ shows!
Why, how strange, I have similar plans!
Old 03-24-2015, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be there for Brisbane, and keeping my fingers crossed for a second show.

And I'm trying not to dwell on the fact that I had front row meet and greet tickets for the cancelled shows that were less than half the outrageous price they're charging this year
Old 03-24-2015, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Fun 1979 band rider demand talk in second half of article]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...to-new-zealand

Stuff Co. NZ, March 20, 2015

British-American rock band Fleetwood Mac is bringing its On With The Show tour to New Zealand.

Band originals Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks, will tour as a five-piece for the first time since 1998.

The group will play at Dunedin's Forsyth Barr Stadium on November 18 and at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium on November 21. Tickets go on sale at 10am on April 1.

The two-and-a-half-hour show will feature classics such as The Chain, Dreams, Second Hand News, Rhiannon, Sara, Gold Dust Woman, Tusk, Don't Stop.

The On With The Show Tour marks Fleetwood Mac's first series of concert dates in New Zealand since 2009's sold-out Unleashed Tour.

In 2013, the veteran rockers cancelled their 14-date tour of New Zealand and Australia because founding member John McVie was due to be treated for cancer.

Formed in 1967 in London, the band has sold more than 100 million records worldwide.

Fleetwood Mac were known for their interesting rider demands.

A promoter, who did not want to be named, claimed that in 1979, when touring Tusk in Australia, the band's rider was for a "medieval tent... with only natural materials inside . . wooden stools, long tables like you see in old movies about knights.

"The food was to be hunks of meat which you ate with your hands, no plates, no cutlery or anything.

"The only receptacles allowed on the table were earthenware goblets which had to be handmade to be totally authentic. They had to have mead in them.

"The rider stated that at certain times of the evening it would be set up for dinner and the band could not be disturbed during that time."

He said the cost was astronomical - the equivalent in today's money of at least $50,000 per show.

But in five stadium shows, the band "never set foot in the tent once" said the promoter.

"At the end of the night the local crew would go in and scoff the lot."

Tickets for both New Zealand shows go on sale at 10am on Wednesday, April 1, with pre-sales for certain card holders from midday Tuesday.

- Stuff
Interesting stuff. Reminds me of Mick's 1990 book where he talked about the food and catering during the Tusk tour. He said they would have tens of thousands of dollars of food fully catered but the band was too coked out to eat anything and most of it would go to waste.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
I'll be there for Brisbane, and keeping my fingers crossed for a second show.

And I'm trying not to dwell on the fact that I had front row meet and greet tickets for the cancelled shows that were less than half the outrageous price they're charging this year
I'm in the exact same boat, but Sydney not Brissy. The price upping is rough as hell, to say the least...

Old 03-24-2015, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
No offense but do they ever plan to record? Jesus!!!!!
I second your sentiment! This tour will not end. Meanwhile, there are about fifteen songs waiting to see the light of day.

This band exhausts me.