User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I take issue with this statement of yours - every time Fleetwood Mac has toured since The Dance they've landed in the top 10, both in revenue and ticket prices. It's not just because of Christine - it's because it's Fleetwood Mac.

that's fine, you can ignore it or you can look at statistics for all those tours you are quoting. or you can look at just the numbers quoted in this thread. yes FM always did great since the dance, but this year they did spectacular. the highest prices, all sold out shows, 2nd highest gross/show, it goes on and on.

or you can take the really easy way and look at their sales from last year, at half the ticket price (how many shows did they sell out last year? how about this year? in the same arenas? what is the difference between last and this year?).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-22-2014, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Her talents are a gift. The prices are an unwanted gift though!
Is this really impressive or are we all just really stupid?
both.

we all and others.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-22-2014, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
that's fine, you can ignore it or you can look at statistics for all those tours you are quoting. or you can look at just the numbers quoted in this thread. yes FM always did great since the dance, but this year they did spectacular. the highest prices, all sold out shows, 2nd highest gross/show, it goes on and on.

or you can take the really easy way and look at their sales from last year, at half the ticket price (how many shows did they sell out last year? how about this year? in the same arenas? what is the difference between last and this year?).
I agree with KarmaContestant. The sellouts, the high prices, etc. are because it's all 5. The original statement, "She did this" makes it sound like people are there to see only Christine.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I agree with KarmaContestant. The sellouts, the high prices, etc. are because it's all 5. The original statement, "She did this" makes it sound like people are there to see only Christine.
But, more people care now that she's back. The full band has always done better than the almost full band. Christine's return is the sole reason this tour has had a significantly better showing than last year's tour. The fallacy people make is that because Christine didn't have the stellar solo career, she's not as popular. The problem with this is while Stevie was the star of the band, Christine was the voice of the band. She didn't need a solo career.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-23-2014, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The fallacy people make is that because Christine didn't have the stellar solo career, she's not as popular. The problem with this is while Stevie was the star of the band, Christine was the voice of the band. She didn't need a solo career.
Bravo!!! Fleetwood Mac is her career! She IS Fleetwood Mac.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
But, more people care now that she's back. The full band has always done better than the almost full band. Christine's return is the sole reason this tour has had a significantly better showing than last year's tour. The fallacy people make is that because Christine didn't have the stellar solo career, she's not as popular. The problem with this is while Stevie was the star of the band, Christine was the voice of the band. She didn't need a solo career.
Excellent statement. Christine has always been about the band first and foremost. People wanted to hear her songs live again. And after 15 plus years, she and her songs are well remembered.
When I was at the Forum earlier this month, a lady sitting next to me said the last time they came through Los Angeles they had the whole row to themselves and the energy in the crowd was nothing like this year.
The energy within the band seems electric, nowadays.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-23-2014 at 09:29 AM..
Old 12-23-2014, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agree completely, but not only did Christine have to come out of retirement, John had to decide not to retire after a health scare, Stevie had to forgo a 24KG tour, Lindsey had to postpone solo plans, etc. These stellar concert grosses are generated by 5 people.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She IS Fleetwood Mac.
That's overstating things a bit, isn't it? We know how you react to statements like that about Stevie.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
These stellar concert grosses are generated by 5 people.
and the 4 out of those 5 could generate just about half of those grosses last year.

with practically the same setlist minus 5 Christine's songs.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's overstating things a bit, isn't it? We know how you react to statements like that about Stevie.

although i'd say in the UK, CM easily may be [the rumours era FM]. i've been to some UK shows last year. they played FM in the bar next to the venue after the show. you know which songs they played? almost none of them that were a part of last years concert: Everywhere, Little Lies, Say You Love Me... and GYOW thrown in for some good measure.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and the 4 out of those 5 could generate just about half of those grosses last year.

with practically the same setlist minus 5 Christine's songs.
Again, that's my point: It's because we have 5 out of 5 on this tour. Do you think they would generate this same money if CM was there but LB or SN was missing?
Old 12-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did not notice much on my tix since I'm in the cheap seats for this tour.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-23-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I did not notice much on my tix since I'm in the cheap seats for this tour.
Not a bad strategy.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh please! Why do some fans want to minimize Christine's importance? Of course a lot of people are interested because it's all five members, but Chris is the one who's been missing these last years. Christine's rejoining the band is the big news, the big reason why this tour is doing so well. Another band member postponing a solo project for this tour is nowhere near as important to the general public as Christine rejoining the band after a decade and a half of retirement.

I detect a bit of jealousy among the Stevie diehards that Christine is doing something for this band that Stevie couldn't do.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's an overstatement, but not as much as one would think. She was a session player during the Peter Green days and she was argueably the most visible member of the band from 1970-74. Being a woman in a band like Fleetwood Mac back then was a rarity. Of course it has to be noted that during the heyday, she had two singles per album on the band's three biggest sellers. In fact she had nine Top 40 songs in the USA with Fleetwood Mac, compared to five from Stevie and three from Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins