Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Forbes: Will CM Return Drive Up Prices

Forbes 3/28/2014 @ 5:55PM |4,375 views
http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stor...ormat=rss&sb=1

Will Christine McVie's Return Impact Prices For Fleetwood

For the first time in fifteen years, Fleetwood Mac will be touring with keyboardist Christine McVie. McVie joined the band in 1970 after guitarist Peter Green had quit. At the time, McVie was married to Fleetwood Mac bassist John McVie. Since her departure from the band in 1990, Fleetwood Mac has toured mainly as a foursome. Along with the announcement of McVie returning, the band announced a 34-show, 33-city tour starting September 30 and running through December 20.

Fleetwood Mac tickets for the ‘On With The Show’ Tour don’t go on sale to the general public until April 7, but tickets have already popped up on the secondary market at a high price. A limited amount of tickets for each date have gone on the secondary market with a current tour average of $431.12. The price is well above the band’s 2013 tour, which averaged $281 on the secondary market across the tour.

The only two-date stop the band will make is on September 28 and 29 at The Forum in Inglewood, California. Fleetwood Mac Forum tickets have an average price of $474.97 and are currently the eighth and ninth most expensive shows on the tour. The most expensive show from the early secondary market returns comes October 6 at Madison Square Garden. Fleetwood Mac New York tickets currently have an average secondary market price of $515.83. That’s less than half the price of what the band’s show at MSG was during their tour last year. By the time of the concert on April 8, the average price had shot up to $1,281 on the secondary market. It’s unlikely prices reach that level again, but prices on the secondary market will rise initially when tickets are released to the general public. Only one other show on the tour last year peaked at over a $500 average, the May 25 show at the Hollywood Bowl, and the early demand suggests this tour will easily pass the $500 average on more than two shows. Four 2014 shows already have a higher average than the second most expensive show in 2013.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:06 PM

In a word, yes.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

12/19/14 Jesse Lawrence contributor, Forbes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselaw...ondary-market/

Fleetwood Mac Tops Justin Timberlake For Most Expensive Tickets Of 2014 On Secondary Market

It’s fair to say that pop music dominated the secondary ticket market this year, but some of music’s most celebrated acts have also garnered huge tour averages in 2014. Beloved rockers Fleetwood Mac owned the highest touring average this year with their On With The Show Tour, beating out the likes of Justin Timberlake, One Direction, Katy Perry and Bruno Mars’ respective tour numbers. The Eagles, Paul McCartney and Billy Joel also appear on the top 10 highest-priced tours of the year, giving Neil Young’s statement that “rock and roll will never die” some added insurance as the year winds down.

Over 40 North American shows in 2014, the average price for Fleetwood Mac tickets on TiqIQ was $358.91, serving as the only act this year to break the $300 ticket average on the secondary market. The On With The Show Tour began just three months ago in September and the band’s relatively short run at the end of the year likely added to secondary ticket demand. With plans to tour through the U.S. and Canada through April of next year, Fleetwood Mac will surely see ticket price remain high over their 40 remaining North American shows over the next four months.

Pop music juggernaut Justin Timberlake followed significantly behind Fleetwood Mac with the second top-priced tour of the year as his two-year 20/20 Experience World Tour concludes at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on January 2. With 100 national and international shows under his belt in 2014, Justin Timberlake saw an average price of $293.64 for tickets on the secondary market. Alongside owning the second highest-priced tour this year, Timberlake also embarked on the second highest-grossing tour in 2014, according to Billboard. With a total gross of $203.8 million, the “Suit and Tie” singer trailed just One Direction’s top tour gross of $290.1 million.

It’s interesting to note the impact of One Direction’s Where We Are Tour and its stadium-only tour route. Because stadium venues hold a significantly higher capacity than traditional arenas, there is a greater supply of tickets as more seats are available, making the secondary market average ticket price decline while total gross increases. The quintet grossed the largest total sum this year via the Where We Are Tour, though averaged just a $140.80 ticket on the secondary market, missing the cut for the top 10 tour averages at #12 in 2014.

Following Timberlake’s massive success with the 20/20 Experience World Tour, the Eagles, Paul McCartney and Billy Joel all follow with the third, fourth and fifth highest tour averages on the secondary market in 2014. Eagles tickets averaged at $272.29 for the History of the Eagles – Live in Concert Tour this year while Paul McCartney’s Out There World Tour saw a secondary average of $242.25. Playing 36 shows and 12 monthly shows at New York City’s Madison Square Garden this year, Billy Joel tickets on TiqIQ averaged $232.21.

Jay-Z and Beyonce’s joint On The Run Tour was one of the most anticipated concerts of the year and kicked off its 21-show affair in June. The tour saw a secondary average of $221.14, serving as the sixth highest tour average in 2014. Katy Perry’s Prismatic Tour followed with a $221.81 tour average on the secondary market. Perry wrapped her North American shows in October, though it is possible that the “Dark Horse” singer will add more U.S. and Canadian dates for the coming year soon.

Tom Petty and Bruno Mars follow behind Perry, with Petty’s tour average listed at $216.34 and Mars’ Moonshine Jungle Tour averaging at $209.61 on the secondary market. Mars’ high tour average was greatly helped by his Super Bowl halftime performance this year and the pop singer saw a notable spike in ticket price following his 15-minute concert at MetLife Stadium in February. Rounding off the top 10 list is Dave Matthews Band, whose persistent touring over the years hasn’t let up on the secondary market. The average price for Dave Matthews Band tickets in 2014 was $194.98.

With the year coming to a close in the next two weeks, 2014 will quickly give way to an exciting 2015, where Taylor Swift’s 1989 Tour and One Direction’s On The Road Again Tour will undoubtedly battle for the prestigious honor of top-priced tour. Don’t count the oldies out, however, as Fleetwood Mac and Billy Joel also set to continue touring in the New Year.

Below is a list of the ten most expensive music tours by average price on the secondary market.

Fleetwood Mac – $358.91
Justin Timberlake – $293.64
Eagles – $272.29
Paul McCartney – $242.25
Billy Joel – $232.21
Jay-Z/Beyonce – $221.14
Katy Perry – $221.81
Tom Petty – $216.34
Bruno Mars – $209.61
Dave Matthews Band – $194.98
Old 12-22-2014, 01:53 PM

71 Years old and she did this: Christine your talent is a gift to us.

Fleetwood Mac – $358.91
Justin Timberlake – $293.64
Eagles – $272.29
Paul McCartney – $242.25
Billy Joel – $232.21
Jay-Z/Beyonce – $221.14
Katy Perry – $221.81
Tom Petty – $216.34
Bruno Mars – $209.61
Dave Matthews Band – $194.98
Old 12-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
71 Years old and she did this: Christine your talent is a gift to us.
Her talents are a gift. The prices are an unwanted gift though!
Is this really impressive or are we all just really stupid?
Old 12-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Her talents are a gift. The prices are an unwanted gift though!
Is this really impressive or are we all just really stupid?
MmHm.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 12-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another ageing legendary Rock star has passed. FM should take notice.

The blatantly greedy "Cash cow oldies touring" needs to have a definite end...

The "5" should be concentrating on whatever it is that they want to accomplish either as individuals or collectively as a group to button up their musical careers while they still have time...

While they rightfully are enjoying the spoils CM's return "On With The Show" should have been billed as somewhat of a last tour for a while and after this tour is over the "5" should be spending the next few years getting their musical houses in order...

Quit wasting the time you have left with "cash grab" tours.
If the band can't work things out then they should go their own ways and be as productive as they can separately because without warning any one of the "5" could be the next one to go and when that happens what good will all that $$$ do them when only "4" are left.

All the money in the world won't erase the regret they have because they didn't do this or that while they had the chance.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Ouch some of you guys are harsh. This is not a cash grab tour. Supply and demand dictates ticket prices. I have been waiting 16 years for this to happen and hear Christine's voice bounce of an arena. They have only been on tour a few months and not sure why some celebration moment turned so negative.
But the Mac has good genes. Chris's dad lived well into his 80s. Mick's mom is still alive and so is Stevie's.
Just enjoy this moment because even if they do tour again, there will never be an extensive tour like this again. A few years ago we would have dreamed this would be happening. In just 5 months they will be off the road and we will be wanting more with an album and maybe tour again.
Not sure why want to ruin this moment by calling it a last tour, cash grab or call this wasting time. If this is the Mac wasting time then I hope they waste a lot more of it.
Bring on Miami March 2015!!!!!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Ouch some of you guys are harsh. This is not a cash grab tour. Supply and demand dictates ticket prices. I have been waiting 16 years for this to happen and hear Christine's voice bounce of an arena. They have only been on tour a few months and not sure why some celebration moment turned so negative.
But the Mac has good genes. Chris's dad lived well into his 80s. Mick's mom is still alive and so is Stevie's .
Just enjoy this moment because even if they do tour again, there will never be an extensive tour like this again. A few years ago we would have dreamed this would be happening. In just 5 months they will be off the road and we will be wanting more with an album and maybe tour again.
Not sure why want to ruin this moment by calling it a last tour, cash grab or call this wasting time. If this is the Mac wasting time then I hope they waste a lot more of it.
Bring on Miami March 2015!!!!!
I said after the tour they should focus on getting things in order...And this is a "cash grab" more or less the same show for the past 3 decades...If FM had not been in such a hurry to cash in on CM they could have postponed the start of the tour by 6 months and had finished the record (or at least enough for another EP ). Just think you have could of had a new record by the time you see the band and had a few new songs in the set.

Stevie's mother is still alive? Perhaps you should watch this.

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 12-22-2014 at 06:37 PM..
Old 12-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I said after the tour they should focus on getting things in order...And this is a "cash grab" more or less the same show for the past 3 decades...If FM had not been in such a hurry to cash in on CM they could have postponed the start of the tour by 6 months and had finished the record (or at least enough for another EP ). Just think you have could of had a new record by the time you see the band and had a few new songs in the set.
as usual you are funny, saying same [highly negative] stuff over and over again hoping it will stick. so much hand waving just to make us forget that:

a) it's Christine who is responsible for FM being one of the biggest most expensive sold out tours of the year

and

b) they could have waited 2 months or 6 months or 5 more years and that would still not matter if they are waiting for SN who does not seem to be interested in being creative anymore.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
as usual you are funny, saying same [highly negative] stuff over and over again hoping it will stick. so much hand waving just to make us forget that:

a) it's Christine who is responsible for FM being one of the biggest most expensive sold out tours of the year

and

b) they could have waited 2 months or 6 months or 5 more years and that would still not matter if they are waiting for SN who does not seem to be interested in being creative anymore.
Did you read the post?

I don't remember giving anyone credit for FM's profits. It also says "If the band can't work things out then they should go their own ways and be as productive as they can separately" as someone who readily admits they despise Stevie I would think you might agree with that statement

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 12-22-2014 at 06:52 PM..
Old 12-22-2014, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Did you read the post?

I don't remember giving anyone credit for FM's profits.
of course you are not. cause this whole thread is about Christine's return and whether it will give the band a huge boost in profits. as it did.

and, i don't "despise" Nicks, btw.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I take issue with this statement of yours - every time Fleetwood Mac has toured since The Dance they've landed in the top 10, both in revenue and ticket prices. It's not just because of Christine - it's because it's Fleetwood Mac.

I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 12-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

and, i don't "despise" Nicks, btw.
Your "since you specifically ask, I prefer not having to see Stevie on stage" post makes it sound like you have a real dislike for someone.

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 12-22-2014 at 10:24 PM..
Old 12-22-2014, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Disliking someone is not the same as preferring solo over a group.
Just a dream, just a dream.