User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2022, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
After Covid started to recede, I made a decision I was going to start doing or buying things instead of saying “I don’t want to spend the money.” For example, there were some collectors books I didn’t buy, and then 2 years later when I changed my mind, they had doubled or tripled in price. Even prior to Covid, I didn’t see Christine and Lindsey on their tour, because I basically took it for granted that there would be more opportunities.

My point is, I’m happy to hear you thought Heart put on a good show. If they ever come within 2 hours of where I live, I’m going to see them! I saw Dolly Parton, I saw Diana Ross, and I have a few more I’d like to see before it’s too late. Kenny Rogers was one I could have seen, and should have, but I didn’t. I’d like to see Pat Benatar, Cyndi Lauper, and some others.
I totally feel the same way. I did catch the BuckVie tour, but I haven’t seen Lindsey solo in the past 10 years. There was always some excuse, like work conflicts or the venue was a little too far away or something like that, and I regret it so much now especially with the cancellations on his recent tour and thinking about how we lost Christine so unexpectedly that anything could happen. If he tours again I’m going to buy tickets the second they go on sale even if it’s only in a city I’d have to fly to.

I’ve seen Cyndi live a couple of times like 15 years ago and she was fantastic. I’d love to see Dolly and Pat someday. I almost went to what ended up being Tom Petty’s last concert ever, and skipping that is one of my biggest regrets.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post
I saw Cyndi Lauper when she opened for Tina Turner (which I believe was also the same year as "The Dance"). Did not expect her to be the phenomenal performer she turned out to be live. Obviously, Tina scorched earth the place when she finally took the stage, but Cyndi killed it and proved herself worthy to be on the same stage. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

On a side note, I remember paying $64 and some change for 7th row center floor seats. No Ticketmaster BS like today. Couldn't imagine what the ticket prices would be today for the same concert.
$64 to see Tina and Cyndi? I can only imagine what the price would be today! I actually won tickets many many years ago to see Cher, and Cyndi was the opening act- unfortunately, they were nose bleed seats but still, Cyndi Lauper blew Cher out of the water. I mean, Cher was good, but it was so choreographed, with Cirque de Soli performers and such, while Cyndi came out and just killed it, just as you described. She sang songs I had never heard before that sounded so good, and she even went into the audience at one point while singing. I had never seen anything like that. I’ve been wanting to see her live solo ever since, but never have. She’s touring Australia with Rod Stewart next year, but I can’t afford that LOL but maybe she’ll do some US dates.
Old 12-05-2022, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
I totally feel the same way. I did catch the BuckVie tour, but I haven’t seen Lindsey solo in the past 10 years. There was always some excuse, like work conflicts or the venue was a little too far away or something like that, and I regret it so much now especially with the cancellations on his recent tour and thinking about how we lost Christine so unexpectedly that anything could happen. If he tours again I’m going to buy tickets the second they go on sale even if it’s only in a city I’d have to fly to.

I’ve seen Cyndi live a couple of times like 15 years ago and she was fantastic. I’d love to see Dolly and Pat someday. I almost went to what ended up being Tom Petty’s last concert ever, and skipping that is one of my biggest regrets.
Oh man, that’s too bad you missed out on seeing Tom Petty- I’m sorry about that. Dolly is definitely an entertainer, you will love it if you get to see her. I’m fortunate that I saw Fleetwood Mac in early November 2019 and Lindsey later that same month. Both were fantastic. I’d definitely see Lindsey again.