User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Really? I thought Amy looked pretty severe. I like her much more in pink hair.

- Jake
I like her pink hair better...I was talking about the fact that she got herself into some serious shape. She looks fabulous
Old 05-26-2004, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I like her pink hair better...I was talking about the fact that she got herself into some serious shape. She looks fabulous
Yes, but somewhere Lisa Leuschner is throwing tomatoes at the TV every time Simon's face comes on.

- Jake
Old 05-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BTW, did you guys see the shot of Fantasia's family trying to make it to the stage and arguing with security? I think AI hired the Mac's security people.

- Jake
Old 05-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, but somewhere Lisa Leuschner is throwing tomatoes at the TV every time Simon's face comes on.

- Jake
As she should be! I would have loved it if she'd made it on the show...I thought she was amazing.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BTW, did you guys see the shot of Fantasia's family trying to make it to the stage and arguing with security? I think AI hired the Mac's security people.

- Jake
I agree. I thought it was pretty lame that they wouldn't even let her Mom and daughter on the stage with her. Not even after she was finished singing!
Old 05-26-2004, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As she should be! I would have loved it if she'd made it on the show...I thought she was amazing.
She DID make it on the show. They just decided not to let her sing.

- Jake
Old 05-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fantasia was just interviewed by our local Fox affiliate (they had someone in Hollywood) and she held up keys in her hand while wiping her eyes (of course she was crying) they asked what the keys were to and she said she had just won a car, and that she'd never had a car before. They asked her how she was feeling now and she said she was so happy because now she can finally take care of her child on her own. You guys I about started crying. We are all so proud of her here!
Old 05-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merf
I agree. I thought it was pretty lame that they wouldn't even let her Mom and daughter on the stage with her. Not even after she was finished singing!
I think the camera got that shot by mistake. You know the producers panicked as soon as they saw it and said "Go to a different camera!"

- Jake
Old 05-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merf
Fantasia was just interviewed by our local Fox affiliate (they had someone in Hollywood) and she held up keys in her hand while wiping her eyes (of course she was crying) they asked what the keys were to and she said she had just won a car, and that she'd never had a car before. They asked her how she was feeling now and she said she was so happy because now she can finally take care of her child on her own. You guys I about started crying. We are all so proud of her here!
I know. I think that's what Simon meant last night when he criticized Diana for not having had the life experience of overcoming obstacles to sing that song. (He's right, but it's still lame. It's not like SHE chose the song!) You could just see the pride in Fantasia's face when she spoke of how much she's been through. And I guess all those lame Ford music videos are worth it if you get a car.

BTW, I thought Tamyra's version of the anthem was painful!

- Jake
Old 05-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

BTW, I thought Tamyra's version of the anthem was painful!

- Jake
It was horrendous. I was flipping back and forth between that and the music awards and caught her on. Please, Tamyra, stick to acting. You've somehow lost your talent in the past few years
Old 05-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was horrendous. I was flipping back and forth between that and the music awards and caught her on. Please, Tamyra, stick to acting. You've somehow lost your talent in the past few years
Sorry to bash her again, but I can't say much for her songwriting either.

What did you think of Kelly tonight?

- Jake
Old 05-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry to bash her again, but I can't say much for her songwriting either.

What did you think of Kelly tonight?

- Jake
Her songwriting is deplorable as well.

That isn't my favorite song on that album but Kelly did alright. I was too busy thinking about how i'd love to wipe the gold eyeshadow from her eyes and yell at her stylist to really focus on her voice. That outfit and the makeup weren't very flattering on her and I think she's an attractive girl.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her songwriting is deplorable as well.

That isn't my favorite song on that album but Kelly did alright. I was too busy thinking about how i'd love to wipe the gold eyeshadow from her eyes and yell at her stylist to really focus on her voice. That outfit and the makeup weren't very flattering on her and I think she's an attractive girl.
Agreed. She looked okay for the first song, but when she sat on the piano, I kept thinking she was a little kid who got into her mother's make-up drawer and closet. Boring song, too.

And I cannot even watch Ruben. He sweats like Nixon.

- Jake
Old 05-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. She looked okay for the first song, but when she sat on the piano, I kept thinking she was a little kid who got into her mother's make-up drawer and closet. Boring song, too.

And I cannot even watch Ruben. He sweats like Nixon.

- Jake
I can't listen to Ruben. He sounds like every other generic R&B singer.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't listen to Ruben. He sounds like every other generic R&B singer.
And on a recent show Ryan said he won by changing his style every week. Who is he kidding! He is the least versatile singer this side of John Stevens. If you want to say you like his style, fine, but don't tell me it has grown or changed.

- Jake