User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
Not to sound rude, but I don't keep quotes. I don't need them. I know what I heard and read when I read it. If people don't want other fan's impressions of events as they happened, that's cool. People can continue to piece together old quotes from the past to get what they think is an authentic view of these people and the events surrounding their careers. Works for most fans but not me, especially when it comes to Stevie quotes. . . . .
With all due respect and whether you want to admit it or not, you most certainly "piece together old quotes from the past to get what they think is an authentic view of these people and the events surrounding their careers" - but I know you will never admit that

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . As for my view, you are telling me what I think again . . .
You always fall back on that phrase and I think it is a bunch of BS - I am not telling you what you think. I am telling you how you are perceived, which is my right as it is my perception.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
With all due respect and whether you want to admit it or not, you most certainly "piece together old quotes from the past to get what they think is an authentic view of these people and the events surrounding their careers" - but I know you will never admit that
The few times I've used quotes was to illustrate how loaded these things are, especially when taken out of context with the other events surrounding the time period. People reading about the past will not get the same impressions as people who read things when the events were going on. I don't get my views of the past by taking quotes from these people at face value. I never said I haven't quoted them or posted about their quotes. That's a different thing altogether. I know you'll never admit that.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Uhhh...

I just wanted to ask why didn't Stevie HAND the record to Lindsey, instead of leaving it on the console? I'm sure his ego was bruised from the record anyways, and then, by not personally handing it to him and saying "This is for you, I hope you enjoy it.", well..that just looks like a not-so-great decision. If she was the one in his place and HE had the super successful solo career, how would SHE feel? Not great, I'm sure.

Yes, he should have been the "bigger man" by saying "Thanks, Stevie.", but he didn't. He was hurting and pretty much showed her that by his actions.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . I never said I haven't quoted them or posted about their quotes. That's a different thing altogether. I know you'll never admit that.

No, I admit that, but I just object to your whole I know more I was there when it was happening because I was as well as were many on this board during different periods

Old 07-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I just wanted to ask why didn't Stevie HAND the record to Lindsey, instead of leaving it on the console? I'm sure his ego was bruised from the record anyways, and then, by not personally handing it to him and saying "This is for you, I hope you enjoy it.", well..that just looks like a not-so-great decision. If she was the one in his place and HE had the super successful solo career, how would SHE feel? Not great, I'm sure.

Yes, he should have been the "bigger man" by saying "Thanks, Stevie.", but he didn't. He was hurting and pretty much showed her that by his actions.

I wondered that. It would have softened the blow to have her give it to him and say "I know this is an awkward moment, but I really want you to have this..." etc, etc, whatever she wrote on the record in fact.
BUT, perhaps she was a little scared. I know there are people I know I'm slightly afraid to say certain things to, Stevie was probably afraid of Lindsey's reaction.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
"I took Lindsey in a copy of the record right when it was fresh off the press and I signed it and said a lot of really wonderful things to him. And I set it up on the console, and he moved it and put it down on the floor, just kinda leaning against one of the steps in the studio room. And I watched him all day long, I watched him from like three in the afternoon until three or four the next morning, and he walked right out of that room without the record and I never forgave him for that."
As strand knows from our past discussions of Stevie quotes, this passage tells me a lot more about Stevie than it does about LB. She is the one speaking here. I believe when you use somebody's quotes to arrive at an overall impression of what's going on, it's only fair to use a person's words to judge them and not to judge the people they are dishing about. As in the case with the Joe Walsh comment, I think it makes him sound like a pig. I don't judge Stevie harshly becasue he said that. I judge her by her own comments saying she would have given up her career for him. Two different things. I've always maintained it's very unfair to judge other people in Stevie's world by the loaded comments she makes. By the same token, I would say all the pigs she has been with and have talked about her afterward are the ones who look bad in their comments. Not Stevie. I cut her a break in that she's had enough crap said about her to the point people are willing to believe she did everything everybody said. I'll be the first to say I don't believe all of the talk. I believe some, but not all, not even most. When I suggested in another thread she hasn't had an affair with Waddy, despite some of her own perceived comments to the contrary, most people disagreed with me. Again, I don't develop my impressions from looking up old quotes and judging people literally from the loaded, self-serving crap these quotes are often spinning. I go by my immediate impressions of things as they happen. I'm not saying my impressions are right. Your impressions are valid even if they conflict with mine.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I admit that, but I just object to your whole I know more I was there when it was happening because I was as well as were many on this board during different periods
I'm sorry you're offended when I try to illustrate the difference between how I developed my impressions and how other fans, most on this board, I'd guess, develop theirs. I never said my views are right. I never said they are better. I said they are different and I have a different view for a reason. If you don't want to know the reason, that's fine. Maybe some newer fans would like to know? Maybe not? Some fans would rather keep their fantasies and not know anything that doesn't fit their already pre-conceived notions. Others might want to hear a different view. Whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by glitter_fades; 07-05-2005 at 12:08 PM..
Old 07-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Eh, I take what these crazies say with a grain of salt. They blow smoke up our collective asses with the best of them. I'll never accuse her of having a way with words, but there are moments in a great deal of her songs where some lyrics will come along and knock you on your ass because they're so spectacular. I suspect that's what he was trying to convey, but got tripped up in his bull**** artiste speak, as he always does, that he actually believes makes him sound intelligent.

Maybe I should just follow you around and post ITA everywhere? Save myself a lot of typing.

Old 07-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I wondered that. It would have softened the blow to have her give it to him and say "I know this is an awkward moment, but I really want you to have this..." etc, etc, whatever she wrote on the record in fact.
BUT, perhaps she was a little scared. I know there are people I know I'm slightly afraid to say certain things to, Stevie was probably afraid of Lindsey's reaction.

I think so to (and thanks BTW for posting that ) -- I also think that Stevie knew the best way to handle that awkward situation. I mean in a perfect world, she could have come a runnin to her old friend and said "hey look what I did, I am so proud of it and I so want your approval because you and it mean the world to me - let's listen to it together and then call Waddy and talk about it" - but the world is not perfect and that probably would have gone over like a lead baloon So, I think she presented it to him personally as a how of respect and IMO for validation, which he could not give, and in many ways understandably so.

Old 07-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Others don't, but I see the difference. I wouldn't equate anything LB ever did or said in the same category as her beloved Joe telling Howard Stern that Stevie was just a piece of a** to him. If I remember correctly he called her just a road f***. She wanted to give up her solo career for that? I see the Bella Donna incident differently, too. If Stevie fans think LB was rude to show disinterest when she gave him that album, what do you think it was like for him to have to take it? To me, she was being extremely insensitive not only handing him BD while they were working together, but made matters worse by telling the world of her percieved slight when he reacted in a way she didn't understand. Here is my new solo record I made without any help from you. Nevermind I slept with at least a half dozen men who did help me. I hope you like it anyway. I gave you my autograph and wrote some nice things, so don't be jealous of me if it becomes a hit and I have to do more without you and sleep with the rest of the music industry in preparation for my follow up albums. I who never said goodbye as I slipped away...but I gave you my #1 album to remember me by.

I always thought it to be INCREDIBLY insulting for her to give him an AUTOGRAPHED COPY of her solo album. That was ballsy, to say the least.

Old 07-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Maybe I should just follow you around and post ITA everywhere? Save myself a lot of typing.

Nah, you get Jason's knickerelastics in too much of a twist to stop typing what you do!

Old 07-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think so to (and thanks BTW for posting that ) -- I also think that Stevie knew the best way to handle that awkward situation. I mean in a perfect world, she could have come a runnin to her old friend and said "hey look what I did, I am so proud of it and I so want your approval because you and it mean the world to me - let's listen to it together and then call Waddy and talk about it" - but the world is not perfect and that probably would have gone over like a lead baloon So, I think she presented it to him personally as a how of respect and IMO for validation, which he could not give, and in many ways understandably so.
Chances are she had enough smarts to know that her solo career went over like a lead balloon to Lindsey and the rest of the band in the first place. She practically opened the front door and invited conflict by waltzing into the studio that day with an AUTOGRAPHED copy of her hot-off-the-press solo album to dole out to him. The whole autograph thing strikes me as incredibly tasteless and tacky. If she wasn't smart enough to realize that he probably found it insulting, then she certainly does embody what Petty once said about her being an airplane without any headlights.

Old 07-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I always thought it to be INCREDIBLY insulting for her to give him an AUTOGRAPHED COPY of her solo album. That was ballsy, to say the least.

Sorry to chime in, but I totally agree here. How many years did the two of them do the horizontal bop???? Seriously, how necessary was an AUTOGRAPHED copy of her solo album, given their relationship and all that goes with it? I can certainly understand her desire to give him a copy and even wish for his approval. But an AUTOGRAPHED copy? C'mon!
Old 07-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Hmmm, she did that? How can you step on your ex-that-normally-arrange-your-songs-and-did-not-wanted-to-be-your-ex's heart more brutally?

How I read this thread (=ledgies' interpretations) is that she wanted to hurt him for a long time after she said goodbye to him. hmm.

why?