The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2004, 11:00 PM

Default Watching C McVie perform

I miss watching Christine play and sing. She has some funky little movements in her style. I wish Friend had a video. I can totally see her playing this one.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree that "Friend" would have made a great video. But that's not what she wanted to do. I think many of the songs on the album would have been great live, especially "Calumny", "Friend", "Forgiveness" & "Northern Star". I miss SEEING her so much. Fortunately, we still have The Dance, The Mirage & Tusk videos, her 1984 Video Album, etc.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:38 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

It's nice to have those little clips on her website also. She just looks and sounds so darn good.

-Lis
Old 09-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
It's nice to have those little clips on her website also. She just looks and sounds so darn good.

-Lis
Yes, those too.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:03 AM

I WANT A VIDEO!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always thought she should've just done a show live in her living room, and taped it for all of us. That would be good enough for me!
Old 09-24-2004, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I've always thought she should've just done a show live in her living room, and taped it for all of us. That would be good enough for me!
Yes!!! Great idear
Old 09-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
That's sounds good to me, too.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

I think a sing song at her local pub would be good and then back to hers for a cup of tea (and a chocolate HobNob)

Gail
Old 09-25-2004, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's hard for me to watch her perform. She's kinda on the boring side. I'd rather just listen to her stuff than watch her perform it. The '84 Documentary is sooooooooooooooooooooo boring. I've never been able to get all the way through it.

-Curtis
Old 09-25-2004, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
It's hard for me to watch her perform. She's kinda on the boring side. I'd rather just listen to her stuff than watch her perform it. The '84 Documentary is sooooooooooooooooooooo boring. I've never been able to get all the way through it.

-Curtis
you have the 1984 mtv doc?
Old 09-26-2004, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The documentary was from the laser disc that was released. Side 1 is the documentary. Side 2 is a shortened version of the concert. I believe both the documentary & concert were played on MTV many years ago. The documentary reminds me a little of the video clips on Christine's website. There's quite a bit of footage of her in the studio, as well as interviews with Todd Sharp, George Hawkins & Steve Ferrone. Mick even shows up very briefly. It's all about the making of her 1984 solo album.

It's all a matter of personal taste, but I have no problem getting through either the concert or documentary. I've always found Christine fascinating, but then I've never cared for the sort of superficial stuff that some performers feel the need to do.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So the videotape I've got of the concert is just side two of the laserdisk? I never knew that.
Quote:
It's all a matter of personal taste, but I have no problem getting through either the concert or documentary. I've always found Christine fascinating, but then I've never cared for the sort of superficial stuff that some performers feel the need to do.
But Macfan, you and I GET that talent has alot more to do with ability, than spinning around like a drunken sailor. Pity the drones that don't get it.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:36 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57

I agree. I love watching her interviews - she's so witty and entertaining. I was watching some sort of documentary which was behind the scenes on the Rumours tour and she was brilliant - people always seemed to be around her to listen to what she had to say. She was like a story teller. It's the one where she's making fun of some of the interviews that she's had and she's always asked the same questsions - so she's kind of interviewing herself and asking herself questions. One of them is when she says 'whats it like being a sex symbol in rock and roll?' and then she says, 'I don't know - ask Stevie Nicks'. And then she has a fit of laughter. It's brill.

Love Gem

Old 09-26-2004, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
The documentary was from the laser disc that was released. Side 1 is the documentary. Side 2 is a shortened version of the concert. I believe both the documentary & concert were played on MTV many years ago. The documentary reminds me a little of the video clips on Christine's website. There's quite a bit of footage of her in the studio, as well as interviews with Todd Sharp, George Hawkins & Steve Ferrone. Mick even shows up very briefly. It's all about the making of her 1984 solo album.

will you tape this for me? I would love to see it. OK i'm drooling now. I remember the doc, but it's been so long i forgot.