User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB LA Times interview

https://news.yahoo.com/fleetwood-mac...040016602.html

Edited: I put the full article in the Rumours forum, because the article includes comments from Stevie and Azoff about the whole firing, etc.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

It’s interesting. I don’t know that Lindsey’s incendiary approach will get him back into the band, but I’ve come around to thinking it’s more likely to do so than sucking up to Stevie would. I take the comments from Stevie and Azoff for what they are worth — absolutely zero. They are both concerned about protecting Stevie’s image so she can continue to bank on her icon status with younger people to stay relevant. And that focus on her image may be the only thing that motivate her towards agreeing to any kind of tour with Lindsey. But I think it’s highly unlikely.

I mean I don’t approve of the potshots taken about Stevie’s life or her energy onstage but I can’t dispute the lack of creativity. Her recent stuff has been blah, other than her old songs on 24K Gold, and I mostly didn’t like the production on that anyway.

Has anything come out officially on the economics of touring with Stevie? I’ve seen a couple of blind items saying that she is demanding a large percentage of the profits. At least 2x her old share, possibly to make it too expensive for the others to take Lindsey back but maybe because she can? At what point do the McVies at least decide this nonsense isn’t worth it?
Old 09-09-2021, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
At least 2x her old share, possibly to make it too expensive for the others to take Lindsey back but maybe because she can? At what point do the McVies at least decide this nonsense isn’t worth it?
I think the McVies are old enough that they're probably done, anyway. If not, they probably should be. Who'd want to die on stage?
Old 09-09-2021, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At what point do the McVies at least decide this nonsense isn’t worth it?
it seems like they already have. Christine basically came out and said so but then she was forced to walk it back.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

I mean that’s the thing — she was forced to walk it back. I don’t even know why they act as if they need Stevie to survive. They’ve been milllionaires for the better part of 50 years. I know they’ve had issues financially but as long as they act like they need Stevie financially, she will be able to dominate them.

Azoff was super annoying in that article. Of course the 2018 tour was the biggest FM tour — it was the most recent and ticket prices are higher bc of inflation. Whoop de doo. Stevie can’t be the lucrative for him but they all go after Lindsey because he has much less clout.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I mean that’s the thing — she was forced to walk it back. I don’t even know why they act as if they need Stevie to survive. They’ve been milllionaires for the better part of 50 years. I know they’ve had issues financially but as long as they act like they need Stevie financially, she will be able to dominate them.

Azoff was super annoying in that article. Of course the 2018 tour was the biggest FM tour — it was the most recent and ticket prices are higher bc of inflation. Whoop de doo. Stevie can’t be the lucrative for him but they all go after Lindsey because he has much less clout.
why Lindsey ever went with him as his manager I'll never understand. I mean, I get he gets his clients the most money he can and all that, but he had to know that Irving would always be on Stevie's side in anything, and frankly I wouldn't have trusted him. The fact that both Azoff and Stevie chose to comment now to me indicates it was a coordinated response.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Exactly. They are purposely looking to torpedo his image during the tour media for his solo work. The thing is — Lindsey is not an easy person and has a well documented history (and a current tendency) of being impolitic at best and a real jerk at worst. And yet Stevie is by far the worse of the two of them. I’d like to see how loyal anyone is to Stevie if they didn’t depend on her for $$$$ — for all their hemming and hawing, only Mick affirmatively attacked Lindsey and seems to have walked it back. Sort of. It just makes you wonder what Stevie will be trying to sell next year. Expect more Lindsey trashing.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Also Rolling Stone is teasing some kind of clap back from Stevie in their profile of LB. 😬
Old 09-09-2021, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also Rolling Stone is teasing some kind of clap back from Stevie in their profile of LB. 😬
Hi. Could you please provide a link to that tease? I didn't see that
Old 09-09-2021, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if those were really even Stevie's words. It didn't really sound like her way of talking, except mentioning she might tell all in a memoir. And I don't care what she says, it was either her or him. She can rosy it up anyway she wants, it's still the same.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 09-09-2021, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Hi. Could you please provide a link to that tease? I didn't see that
i posted the Rolling Stone article in the other thread.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-09-2021, 10:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
The "clapback" was teased by the author of the RS piece, Stephen Roddick (twitter: @stephenroddick) on twitter. He seems to be of a mindset that Lindsey was easy to talk to but also someone who is the author of some of his own misery. He wasn't too impressed with the machinations of the rest Fleetwood Mac as he experienced it when reporting, it appears.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I wonder if those were really even Stevie's words. It didn't really sound like her way of talking, except mentioning she might tell all in a memoir. And I don't care what she says, it was either her or him. She can rosy it up anyway she wants, it's still the same.
It was clearly written by her publicist. I'm sure they want to be careful how they say things, because they don't want to end up with a bunch of lawyers getting into it.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel really bad for Lindsey and I hope he writes a tell-all about these former drug addicts.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It was clearly written by her publicist. I'm sure they want to be careful how they say things, because they don't want to end up with a bunch of lawyers getting into it.
You got it! But I'd say Karen probably co-wrote it with Rosenberg to put it in Stevielese.
But the 1968 clause is all Stevie. Grudgeholder. She's mad at Lindsey for things he did in his 20s and 30s. Even though she said in 2013 things were great with Lindsey because they had The Talk and held his hand!