User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2021, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Shame on you! How is Mick supposed to afford his lifestyle and not declare bankruptcy again if you don't buy this.
With that way that this cretin spends and squanders whatever little income a deluxe issue of a flop album would not last him more than a couple of weeks.

Old 05-08-2021, 05:50 PM

Villavic, which book was this? The old one or new one?
Old 05-08-2021, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Villavic, which book was this? The old one or new one?
The old one.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
The old one.
Thanks for always posting those snippets. I read the book so long ago, I need the review.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Mick deserves to spend his remaining days living in a trailer, buying his groceries with food stamps!

(There's nothing wrong with anyone living like that, but his horrible lifetime of decision making should come with a price to pay)
So, back to the trailer, eh? And again in Lindsey's backyard? I don't think so....

But who knows... ?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
So, back to the trailer, eh? And again in Lindsey's backyard? I don't think so....

But who knows... ?
Perhaps I was aiming too highly...a cardboard box in an alley on Skid Row?

Because that's all he deserves.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Perhaps I was aiming too highly...a cardboard box in an alley on Skid Row?

Because that's all he deserves.
Part of his bankruptcy the first time was him buying a bunch of property in Australia in the late 1970s as "investments." It was not much of an investment and cost him money to upkeep and taxes. He eventually sold the property when things got tough in the early 80s.

I wonder how much those properties would be worth today. I am sure Australia has grown since the late 70s and these properties would be worth a fortune.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman is flawless musically and vocally. Is it just me or Lindsey played this song with more guitar riff back then.
BUT
It annoys me Stevie mixing up the verses and she flubs the second line which is one of the best ever: Heartless challenge....pick your path and I'll pray.

I love that line because everything in life is about picking paths. I just cant make up my mind about this. Its just too perfect so there must be a scratch or imperfection to make it real. Or missing this key line ruins a flawless masterpiece.

****sigh*****
****staring at the stairs****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxQ9Z89IBrw
Old 05-10-2021, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Gold Dust Woman is flawless musically and vocally. Is it just me or Lindsey played this song with more guitar riff back then.
You mean the wah pedal? Sometimes I hear more wah and sometimes less. Maybe it has something to do with hearing more prominent wah in the levels when the band was playing indoors. I think some 1977 shows were actually outdoors in university stadiums.

Quote:
It annoys me Stevie mixing up the verses and she flubs the second line which is one of the best ever: Heartless challenge....pick your path and I'll pray.
She also flubs a line in “Angel” on the new package. The first time I played it, I wondered why the heck they grabbed a show with a botched lyric. But the second time I played it, I actually got a big kick out of it because it immediately took me back to all those Mac shows I remember where Stevie botched a line. I remembered that it was standard operating procedure for Stevie in my big concertgoing years and when it happened it seemed to drive her forward with a compensating energy, as it does here. Now I’m glad I have a flubbed line on the new album and I want to hug Bill Inglot (even though I want to kick him in the shins for screwing up eight or nine dates on the liner notes and wasting an entire full-page spread in the booklet with a photo of the audience).

Quote:
I love that line because everything in life is about picking paths. I just cant make up my mind about this. Its just too perfect so there must be a scratch or imperfection to make it real. Or missing this key line ruins a flawless masterpiece.
I am happy with this GDW and the one on the Rumours Deluxe, wherever that comes from. The one from Nashville is pretty atrocious but the Paris rendition is witchy and stately and very precise. That said, my favorite has probably always been from Osaka at the end of the tour — band was on fire that night with incendiary Second Hand News and Go Your Own Way and Oh Daddy, and Stevie delivered the goods on Rhiannon, Landslide, Gold Dust Woman, and her backing vocals. If Warner Records decided to release a full Osaka concert, December 4 1977, I wouldn’t complain to anyone.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-10-2021, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie herself admits that she was zonked out for many shows. She says it’s not fun to listen to them and hear herself, while under the influence. Same thing for the Tango recording process. She would not describe herself the way BJ does.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You mean the wah pedal? Sometimes I hear more wah and sometimes less. Maybe it has something to do with hearing more prominent wah in the levels when the band was playing indoors. I think some 1977 shows were actually outdoors in university stadiums.

She also flubs a line in “Angel” on the new package. The first time I played it, I wondered why the heck they grabbed a show with a botched lyric. But the second time I played it, I actually got a big kick out of it because it immediately took me back to all those Mac shows I remember where Stevie botched a line. I remembered that it was standard operating procedure for Stevie in my big concertgoing years and when it happened it seemed to drive her forward with a compensating energy, as it does here. Now I’m glad I have a flubbed line on the new album and I want to hug Bill Inglot (even though I want to kick him in the shins for screwing up eight or nine dates on the liner notes and wasting an entire full-page spread in the booklet with a photo of the audience).

I am happy with this GDW and the one on the Rumours Deluxe, wherever that comes from. The one from Nashville is pretty atrocious but the Paris rendition is witchy and stately and very precise. That said, my favorite has probably always been from Osaka at the end of the tour — band was on fire that night with incendiary Second Hand News and Go Your Own Way and Oh Daddy, and Stevie delivered the goods on Rhiannon, Landslide, Gold Dust Woman, and her backing vocals. If Warner Records decided to release a full Osaka concert, December 4 1977, I wouldn’t complain to anyone.
I actually like when Stevie flubs lyrics. Its so "Bob Dylan" of her

My annoyance is when she gets the verses messed up which is what she did on this GDW.

For example, when I first saw Stevie live, it she would change words all the time in Edge of 17 "I hear you in the morning and I hear you at sunrise" Sunrise? Isn't sunrise also morning? She changed nightfall for sunrise

My annoyance comes from mixing up verses. Stevie does this almost every live performance of Rooms on Fire and sometimes with Dreams. What a treat to hear Sleeping Angel live in 1998 but how she could not remember the opening line "Take me if you need me but never hold me down" She would just say "Take me sleeping angel"

Changing words is improvising which can be cool in a live set. But mixing up verses drives me nuts. Her most extreme example of this was during a zonked out klonopin 1991 version of Outside the Rain where she just kept singing the third verse over and over

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-11-2021 at 05:45 AM..
Old 05-11-2021, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

For example, when I first saw Stevie live, it she would change words all the time in Edge of 17 "I hear you in the morning and I hear you at sunrise" Sunrise? Isn't sunrise also morning? She changed nightfall for sunrise
Do you always trust your first initial feeling?

Old 05-13-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Do you always trust your first initial feeling?
Will you love me, only?
Old 05-13-2021, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Will you love me, only?
Which guy did $he say that to? Or did $he say that to all of them?
Old 05-14-2021, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I bought the live "Brown Eyes" on iTunes. Pretty fantastic track if you ask me. Guitars, keys, and a strong Chris voice. Not sure if I'm going to splurge on the whole package. Maybe when it gets drastically reduced in price. Not a vinyl aficionado.