User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
my neighbor across the street blasting Tusk and I could hear it outside.
The album or the single?
Old 08-31-2013, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We don't get singles on our music stores here, so it's the Tusk song on the Tusk album.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
We don't get singles on our music stores here, so it's the Tusk song on the Tusk album.
Then it was the single you were hearing. Not the album being played.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was waiting in line at the South Philly Acme and I heard a voice streaming through the sound system that sounded very familiar but I couldn't pinpoint it. Shame on me! As I strained to listen I realized it was Silver Girl. Totally not expecting to hear that song in a supermarket. It wasn't even released as a "single" to my knowledge. Still it made my food shopping experience worthwhile. I was singing it as I left the store. I do love that song. I think the melody is one of the prettiest Stevie has written and Lindsey's production, I think, is top notch. I think it captures some of the Fleetwood Mac mystery that is not present on so many of the SYW songs. The only thing that would complete the song would be Christine's vocals on the chorus. I don't remember if Lindsey sings on the chorus but the three of them would be spectacular.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 09-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Ledgie

Everywhere played on the radio on the way to school this morning, and a boy sitting behind me was singing along.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Ledgie

A few days ago I did a little run with -of course- FM on my iPod. While I was having breakfast a little later I heard Stevie Nicks' Rooms on Fire on the radio, which surprised me because I don't hear her songs a lot on the radio. An hour later I biked -yes, I live in the Netherlands- to a coffee bar to meet a friend. While I sat down I heard a song from Rumours playing, can't remember which one, I think it was either NGBA or GYOW. I thought it was a nice coincidence, hearing these two songs on the radio. It made my day
Old 11-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Ledgie

I used to work at a restaurant and every now and then a FM song would trickle down on to the radio speakers. Think About Me, Sisters Of the Moon, GYOW, Dreams, and Little Lies were usually the culprits. Although SOTM was a rare occurrence. Also Dust My Broom would play too, though not the FM version. I worked at a popular Chicago themed chain restaurant (that specialized in Deep Dish pizza). 10 points to whoever guesses it
Old 11-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGames71 View Post
I used to work at a restaurant and every now and then a FM song would trickle down on to the radio speakers. Think About Me, Sisters Of the Moon, GYOW, Dreams, and Little Lies were usually the culprits. Although SOTM was a rare occurrence. Also Dust My Broom would play too, though not the FM version. I worked at a popular Chicago themed chain restaurant (that specialized in Deep Dish pizza). 10 points to whoever guesses it
Uno's?? Love that place mmmmmm even better with a side of FM! I work at a 99 if anyone has heard of that chain....they play Secret Love from In your Dreams all the time and Go Your Own Way
Old 11-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Coast To Coast AM played "Rhiannon" as one of their bumper tunes on Monday night's show.

They use that and "Hypnotized" quite often, depending on the topic of each show.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I heard 'Dreams' when I was shopping at a Goodwill in Georgia yesterday.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
I work at a 99 if anyone has heard of that chain....)
One of my favorite restaurants.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yesterday they played Edge of 17 through out our large shopping center.. My teenage son said Mum their playing one of your favorite songs.. walking towards us, the lady security officer was happily singing along to it...
Old 11-21-2013, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Yesterday they played Edge of 17 through out our large shopping center.. My teenage son said Mum their playing one of your favorite songs.. walking towards us, the lady security officer was happily singing along to it...
My 4 year old daughter loves singing along to the ooo's in Edge of Seventeen. She concentrates really hard to make sure she gets them in the right place. The first time I heard her doing it my heart leapt with joy

I haven't been listening to the radio much in the last couple of months, but I did turn it on for 10mins last week and almost immediately a snippet of "Rooms on Fire" came on. I shouted out in shock as I'd just been engrossed in a Stevie thread on the Ledge. It's very very rare for this station to play any Stevie, although they do play quite a bit of Fleetwood Mac. The timing of it was just weird.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
Uno's?? Love that place mmmmmm even better with a side of FM! I work at a 99 if anyone has heard of that chain....they play Secret Love from In your Dreams all the time and Go Your Own Way
Oh if only you knew the **** that went on at that place....haha 99s is a pretty decent place. You're lucky though, they never played any Stevie solo stuff at unos
Old 11-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Say You Will at my favorite Mexican restaurant! Very nice treat
Just a dream, just a dream.