The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-25-2020, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

May he rest in peace. I saw this news and came straight to The Ledge to confirm it. A sad day for music.
Old 07-25-2020, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So incredibly sad to hear this news. Rest in peace Peter and thank you for all of the joy you've brought to my life directly and indirectly. I will always be eternally grateful to you.
Old 07-25-2020, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

will be interesting to see what, if any, public statement comes from the band, and in particular Mick and John.
Old 07-25-2020, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a lovely tribute from Bernie Marsden of Whitesnake here, together with a photo of Peter in February

https://twitter.com/Bernie_Marsden/s...n-dies-aged-73
Old 07-25-2020, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BBC News 24 ran a lovely tribute to Peter that included an interview with Bernie Marsden. It sounds as if they were very friendly in recent years.
Here's a picture from last year. Peter certainly looks very happy.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 07-25-2020, 02:46 PM

I'm very saddened by this, Peter was only 74 years old; however I am also relieved that he died peacefully while sleeping. This truly feels like I'm starting to get old.
Old 07-25-2020, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rest in peace Peter.
Another legend moves on into the next realm.
Safe journey.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just can't believe it...I can't believe it!!!
The founder of our band, a true mentor for some people, a great guitar player and writer. Of course, for me, a bit underrated, just like EVERY Fleetwood Mac guitarist.
He had a very intense life, and then searched for peace and a solitary mood. He rediscovered (maybe?) his love for music in the recent days, but he left us on his own sleep.
The Man Of The World is gone...
Rest In Peace, dear PETER GREEN!!

Last edited by moon; 07-25-2020 at 03:13 PM..
Old 07-25-2020, 03:23 PM
Ledgie

I don't believe in death.

I won't believe in her even when she will come for me.

RIP Peter Green.

You have been, and will always be with us!
Old 07-25-2020, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaul7 View Post
I wish I could have shaken his hand and told him how much his music means to me.
Eh, I did that. He didn’t appreciate it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-25-2020, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood statement
Daily Mail online

'My dearest friend': Mick Fleetwood declares Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green 'blazed one hell of a musical road for so many to enjoy' as he dies aged 73
Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green has died in his sleep, a statement from solicitors confirmed
The influential blues rock guitarist from Bethnal Green, London co-founded band Fleetwood Mac in 1967
Green quit after a final performance in 1970 as he struggled with his mental health and drug abuse issues
By JACK WRIGHT and RYAN FAHEY FOR MAILONLINE

Mick Fleetwood has today paid tribute to his band co-founder, calling Peter Green 'my dearest friend' and said they 'trail blazed one hell of a musical road for so many to enjoy'.

Fleetwood and Green formed the influential group in London in 1967, alongside John McVie and Jeremy Spencer. Green, who has died at the age of 73, later left the band after struggling with his mental health.

In a statement today, 73-year-old Fleetwood said: 'For me, and every past and present member of Fleetwood Mac, losing Peter Green is monumental. Peter was the man who started the band Fleetwood Mac along with myself, John McVie, and Jeremy Spencer. No one has ever stepped into the ranks of Fleetwood Mac without a reverence for Peter Green and his talent, and to the fact that music should shine bright and always be delivered with uncompromising passion. Fleetwood added: 'Peter, I will miss you, but rest easy your music lives on. I thank you for asking me to be your drummer all those years ago. We did good, and trail blazed one hell of a musical road for so many to enjoy. God speed to you, my dearest friend....... Love Mick Fleetwood.'

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 07-25-2020, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

An underrated legend. No matter what era(s) of Fleetwood Mac you love, without Peter, none of it would have existed. Rest In Peace, Peter.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

RIP Peter, you set the path and others followed

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 07-25-2020, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sea Of Tranquility Tribute

Pete Pardo, Sea Of Tranquility – "Tribute To Peter Green" (10 min): https://www.amazon.com/Most-Dangerou.../dp/145075063X

I know he's off with some minor details such as calling Danny an original member, but still a nice tribute. I'm surprised he didn't mention Live At The Boston Tea Party (my introduction to Green), but he does cover the remainder of Green's work with FM as well as his work with John Mayall and on his solo album The End Of The Game. He also covers some of the technical aspects of his guitar work and really gets into what makes it so great.

Pete recently did a "Deep Cut Dive" show on Fleetwood Mac that covers some of his (and his co-host's) favorite lesser-known FM songs; including from the Green, Welch, and Buckingham-Nicks eras. As it covers most of the FM catalog I don't know in what forum to post it (perhaps both Early Years and Rumours), but fow now I'll post it here (skip first 3:34 and after 23:45 to skip the more or less generic intro and the closing plug for the music of co-host Jeff Young; skip 11:45-14:10 to skip the tangent about Bob Welch's band Paris): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKjsCnvzZI0

Last edited by cbBen; 07-25-2020 at 06:42 PM..
Old 07-25-2020, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ray Lindsey just wrote this, about Peter recording on Brown Eyes.
------------
Ray Lindsey - I was in the studio with Mick and Christine the night Peter recorded this. He had randomly appeared to hang out and listen to some new music. LB was not there and Mick told me to get a guitar out for Mr. Green. I selected a 59 Les Paul and ran it through an old tweed Bassman. I knew this was a winning combination and got Peter to start playing. While Mick, Peter and lucky me jammed, Christine had the boys put her track up. Twenty minutes later Chris coaxed Greenie into the control room. We dialed in some God worthy reverb and Peter played for half an hour to “Brown Eyes” blasting through the control room monitors. Every note was recorded but only the tag at the end made to the final mix.
Rest well Pete. It was a hard road but damn you were good.