User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Now it's a series. And she did say she agreed to a studio. Perhaps this is the project.

I'd prefer an album. I can watch The Witcher or Maleficent for a Rhiannon film
I don't know if I'd be excited about a Rhiannon movie, series, play or anything. The song was even not inspired on the actual welsh legend. She just found the name, beautiful, after reading a novel, not the legend (though the characters are the same, or so I read), and she wrote the song.

Anyway, what story would be that in the movie or series?? I guess it would be another try like taking to Broadway Queen's or Rod Stewart's songs. Though I admit I've not seen those, I believe the only truly success of that idea was Mamma Mia, and shouldn't have been copied.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be really surprised if this amounts to anything more than a single song for a soundtrack or something, or one new track to add to yet another compilation/retrospective. I think if she were working on an album or a film or something we would have more news than this.
Old 07-02-2021, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I'll be really surprised if this amounts to anything more than a single song for a soundtrack or something, or one new track to add to yet another compilation/retrospective. I think if she were working on an album or a film or something we would have more news than this.
Dave Stewart was all about sharing updates from 24 Karat recording but Kurstin may be a top secret guy.
I still think album. The handful of shows she's doing this year fits very well with the happenings of 2010... she did like 8 shows while recording IYD.

And I doubt soundtrack. She hates giving songs to movies
Old 07-02-2021, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

but this wouldn't be just any movie, it would be her movie... well, likely they'd built it out of Evangeline Walton's story which Stevie bought the rights to.

in may 2020 she was saying:

Stevie Nicks is hard at work amid the current coronavirus pandemic, working on both a book and a movie inspired by Fleetwood Mac's 1975 hit, "Rhiannon."

Speaking to Rolling Stone, Nicks, 71, revealed that working on the book and movie had already been her priority after Fleetwood Mac finished touring as part of their An Evening with Fleetwood Mac trek in late 2019.

"Last year, I made a pitch to everybody that when this Fleetwood Mac tour is over, I’m taking next year off because I want to work on my Rhiannon book/movie," she shared.

"And I want to maybe work with some different producers … I don’t know what I want to do! I just know that I don’t want a tour," she added.

Inspired by the book Triad by Mary Bartlet Leader about a woman named Branwen who is possessed by another woman named Rhiannon, the song was written by Nicks and originally recorded by Fleetwood Mac on their eponymous album in 1975.

RELATED: Stevie Nicks Tells Harry Styles Fine Line Is His Rumours in Statement About Coronavirus: 'Way to Go'

While speaking with the publication, Nicks also noted that she has "Rhiannon"-related poetry that she has been working on for decades that she hopes to record while in lockdown.

"I have some Rhiannon poetry that I have written over the last 30 years that I’ve kept very quiet," she shared.

"I’m thinking, 'Well here I have all this time and I have a recording setup.’ And I’m thinking I’m going to start doing some recording. I’m going to start putting some of these really beautiful poems to music, and I have the ability to record them. So that’s on my to-do list."

She added, "What all we have right now, if you’re home in quarantine, is time, unless you’re taking care of kids. So, really, you could do anything you wanted that you’ve been wanting to do your whole life. So that’s how I’m trying to look at it." (https://people.com/music/stevie-nick...d-coronavirus/ )

And just 8 months ago she was talking about making it a tv series instead and picking who'd she want to cast:
LA TIMES Oct 1, 2020 "The moonlight confessions of Stevie Nicks"

When she wrote the song "Rhiannon" in 1973, she had little knowledge of the folklore behind the name. But five years later, a fan sent her four paperback novels in a Manila envelope — author Evangeline Walton's adaptation of the ancient British Mabinogion. Nicks was so transfixed by the literature that she eventually bought the rights to Walton's work in the hopes of bringing the epic to the big screen.

Because of the scope of the story, it was later decided that the movie should be a television miniseries, and earlier this year Nicks says she finally signed a deal with a studio to make it. She has 10 songs that she's never released, still on cassette tapes in a suitcase, set aside specifically for the project.

Despite her 2014 turn on "American Horror Story," Nicks has no plans to play a major role in the miniseries, though she's not opposed to the idea of "riding by on a white horse or something." She won't dish on her dream cast but says that Harry Styles "is definitely in the running."

Who's holding their breath?
Old 07-02-2021, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

$he's been talking about this project for 45 years. FORTY FIVE MF YEARS.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm waiting for the sequel Sister Honey
Old 07-03-2021, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Free Brittany!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, made me laugh out loud!!
Old 07-03-2021, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And for 45 years I've said there's never going to be a Rhiannon movie. And for all this talk about Stevie working on a new project with a new producer, none of it means anything to me so far. She has worked with other producers and ended up disliking their outcomes. So whatever this is, I'll believe it when I see it and hope to God I'll enjoy what I'm hearing. I'd still love to hear all the songs she recorded with Dallas Austin all those years ago.
Old 07-03-2021, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
And for 45 years I've said there's never going to be a Rhiannon movie. And for all this talk about Stevie working on a new project with a new producer, none of it means anything to me so far. She has worked with other producers and ended up disliking their outcomes. So whatever this is, I'll believe it when I see it and hope to God I'll enjoy what I'm hearing. I'd still love to hear all the songs she recorded with Dallas Austin all those years ago.
Well, $he's full of sh*t, and full of herself.

$he should be embarrassed, but $he even lacks the capacity for that, these days.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with VivFox- release the Dallas Austin Tapes! As with most of the music Stevie has scrapped over the years, it's probably really good!
Old 07-04-2021, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
I agree with VivFox- release the Dallas Austin Tapes! As with most of the music Stevie has scrapped over the years, it's probably really good!
You're right. Think of "Call on me for Magic." That song is a masterpiece we never would have known about had not one of our Ledgies been checking out that producers web page. And while we're on the subject of producers, Stevie once hired Glyn Johns to produce Street Angel for her. She ended up disliking everything he produced for her and I gotta tell you, I have heard those tracks and they are all fantastic. She trashed all of them and redid the record and was never satisfied with its outcome. You know how you guys love to repeat Stevie's, "Well you wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan" line? Well Ann Wilson has the same story to tell about Glyn Johns as well. She says, " he called Nancy a 'Hippie'." Some people can be overly sensitive.

Last edited by vivfox; 07-07-2021 at 09:55 PM..
Old 07-04-2021, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well spank my ass and call me Rhonda....I never knew there was an Andy Johns. I knew there was a Glyn Johns, who worked with Led Zeppelin(and the Eagles first two albums).

Turns out they're brothers!
Old 07-04-2021, 08:20 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wikipedia claims:

Modern Records also released a special long-form interview video on the making-of the album entitled, "Reflections from the Other Side of the Mirror", which contained newly filmed material shot by Herbert Worthington III.[2] However, it was limited to a worldwide release of 10,000 albums and only 500 VHS releases.

I can't recall ever having seen this video.... did anybody else see it??
Old 07-04-2021, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She added, "What all we have right now, if you’re home in quarantine, is time, unless you’re taking care of kids. So, really, you could do anything you wanted that you’ve been wanting to do your whole life. So that’s how I’m trying to look at it." (https://people.com/music/stevie-nick...d-coronavirus/ )
Maybe she was into Peloton during the lockdown.
Old 07-04-2021, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well spank my ass and call me Rhonda....I never knew there was an Andy Johns. I knew there was a Glyn Johns, who worked with Led Zeppelin(and the Eagles first two albums).

Turns out they're brothers!
She try to scrap the Glyn Johns sessions too and she said in an interview that he was rude to her during production and used very coarse language toward her. I'd love to know exactly what he said .