The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-21-2021, 04:10 PM
tango87 tango87 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 226
Default New Lindsey song on the way...

It looks like Lindsey is about to 'drop' a new song (as I believe the young people say...):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRmhKggs8Iu/

https://twitter.com/LBuckingham/stat...38251323633669
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 07-21-2021, 04:27 PM
GypsyVisions GypsyVisions is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 97
Default

I think it could be “On The Wrong Side” based solely on the fact that on ITunes it has the length of that track listed (3:36) along with “I Don’t Mind” but it doesn’t for the other songs.

But I am really only guessing and could be totally wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-21-2021, 07:15 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyVisions View Post
I think it could be “On The Wrong Side” based solely on the fact that on ITunes it has the length of that track listed (3:36) along with “I Don’t Mind” but it doesn’t for the other songs.

But I am really only guessing and could be totally wrong.
I hope not if it’s the one he released back in the 90’s on the With Honors Soundtrack……not a new song.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-22-2021, 08:11 AM
tango87 tango87 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 226
Default

Indeed it is On The Wrong Side. Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-IKgoPjv00

Last edited by tango87; 07-22-2021 at 08:15 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-22-2021, 08:21 AM
tango87 tango87 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 226
Default

Totally different song to the 'With Honours' track.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-22-2021, 09:04 AM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Indeed it is On The Wrong Side. Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-IKgoPjv00
I liked his first single better.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-22-2021, 09:33 AM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I hope not if it’s the one he released back in the 90’s on the With Honors Soundtrack……not a new song.

Great! I love the song……The chorus screams Classic Fleetwood Mac.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-22-2021, 10:07 AM
GypsyVisions GypsyVisions is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 97
Default

I love it and I’m very impressed. I think the first single is great but this one kicks it up a notch with a more beaming chorus (stellar vocals from Lindsey!) and it has that lovely guitar solo and outro.

Of all the songs I’ve heard since the Fleetwood Mac - Extended Play, this is the most exciting so far. Lindsey at the top of his game. I am so pumped for the full album and to see him live in LA.

“I’m out of pity
I’m out of time
Another city
Another crime…”

Niiiiiiice.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-22-2021, 10:29 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,103
Default

I just love it
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-22-2021, 04:11 PM
John Run John Run is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 378
Default

The sheer number of songs this man has written in his 60's is remarkable. At 70 to be releasing new, hook filled music that he plays all the instruments on, produced and engineered himself is a testament to his desire to remain forward thinking and vital. Sure we all have our preferences and can nitpick away if that is our desire. I admire the passion to be so professionally vigorous at 70 plus.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-22-2021, 05:46 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,638
Default

The verses on “The Wrong Side” are virtually identical (musically) to the verses on “Love Is Here to Stay.” Just sped up in that toy music box arrangement he favors.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-22-2021, 06:46 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The verses on “The Wrong Side” are virtually identical (musically) to the verses on “Love Is Here to Stay.” Just sped up in that toy music box arrangement he favors.
Not trying to be negative, but I think it's too fast. The tempo bugs me. I wish they'd slow it down 5-10 BPM.

It is very catchy, though!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 07-22-2021 at 06:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-22-2021, 07:23 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,310
Default

It's Mary Lee Jones, Love is Here To Stay (vocal meter) and Countdown solo.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-22-2021, 07:31 PM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,271
Default On the right track

Another snappy pop track as promised. Not a wrong note and fresh interesting lyrics.
An "older and jaded" sequel of sorts to the more naive Turn It On?
This is going to be a great album for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
The sheer number of songs this man has written in his 60's is remarkable. At 70 to be releasing new, hook filled music that he plays all the instruments on, produced and engineered himself is a testament to his desire to remain forward thinking and vital. Sure we all have our preferences and can nitpick away if that is our desire. I admire the passion to be so professionally vigorous at 70 plus.
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-22-2021, 08:28 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Another snappy pop track as promised. Not a wrong note and fresh interesting lyrics.
An "older and jaded" sequel of sorts to the more naive Turn It On?
This is going to be a great album for the car.



I like both of the new singles and will be looking forward to the album. It is great that one of the three songwriters of Fleetwood Mac's classic lineup is still creative !
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Pink & Black - Rick Vito CD 1998 Streamliner Records picture

Pink & Black - Rick Vito CD 1998 Streamliner Records

$12.99



Rick Vito - King of Hearts - Rick Vito CD 1MVG The Fast  picture

Rick Vito - King of Hearts - Rick Vito CD 1MVG The Fast

$9.63



Reverend Rick Vito Signature Soulshaker Electric Guitar (Grey Pearloid) picture

Reverend Rick Vito Signature Soulshaker Electric Guitar (Grey Pearloid)

$1279.94



Rick Vito - Mojo on My Side [New CD] UK - Import picture

Rick Vito - Mojo on My Side [New CD] UK - Import

$17.08



Rick Vito - Soulshaker [New CD] picture

Rick Vito - Soulshaker [New CD]

$15.88




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved