Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey's Rollercoaster

Well, since this forum is a snooze fest , I guess I'll share something vaguely relevant. The roller coaster seen in Lindsey's video for Countdown, and the intro for Step by Step has caught on fire and collapsed. It had been shut down for a month now.

Countdown

Step by Step intro

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...274377201.html

Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, it's been in the news a lot since they announced they were going to retire it. Now this. I didn't know it was the one in LB's video though.

Michele
Old 09-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't recall ever seeing Lindsey's video for Countdown! I'm a roller coaster enthusiast, so it's sad for me to see a vintage coaster die.

Sadder still is that terrible show-opening song clip of the cheesy early 1990s TV show Step by Step with Suzanne Summers. I don't remember that show at all. But it was fun to see because it was dated and so bad! I'm in disbelief that kind of schlock it had a seven year run.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-10-2014 at 02:51 PM..
Old 09-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I don't recall ever seeing Lindsey's video for Countdown!
really?? i'm hoping you remedied that after your wrote this post.

Countdown seems to be one of the rare LB solo songs that even FM fans who are mostly unfamiliar with his solo work - there are tons of those - seem to know and like, so i'd just assume they'd at least make the effort to watch the video. of course there are all these people who know just Trouble, and may be vaguely aware that Go Insane is actually a solo song, but freely issue completely unfounded opinions about his solo work.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Countdown seems to be one of the rare LB solo songs that even FM fans who are mostly unfamiliar with his solo work - there are tons of those - seem to know and like, so i'd just assume they'd at least make the effort to watch the video. of course there are all these people who know just Trouble, and may be vaguely aware that Go Insane is actually a solo song, but freely issue completely unfounded opinions about his solo work.
And to me, even saying, "I listened once and then gave the album away," or something similar, is tantamount to never having listened at all.

Michele
Old 09-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
really?? i'm hoping you remedied that after your wrote this post.

Yeah there's some interesting discussions on the Stevie forum. I love this song and it's video so much. All I want to do is dance crazily with him barefoot! I do that way too often on my own, but going insane (pun intended) would be SO much fun.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Fortunately, no one got hurt!
I didn't realize that coaster was in the Lampoon's Vacation movie as well. Hmmm. I'm assuming that's why it was in Countdown... a nod to Holiday Road?
Or maybe it's just a coincidence?
Old 09-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Well, since this forum is a snooze fest , I guess I'll share something vaguely relevant.
i know. after all these years of tons of Lindsey activity, there's nothing going on now, on neither LB solo or FM front. i mostly don't even feel it's worth the effort visiting TL.

however exciting Christine's return is and i am looking forward to seeing her and hearing her songs live, with the FM album on hold and the same stale greatest hits setlist there is completely nothing new or constructive Lindsey-wise these days.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also it was used to shoot the 1970's movie Roller Coaster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollerc...281977_film%29

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never seen that video, but I've heard the song. Thanks for posting.

It made me laugh, which I guess was the point? Lindsey looked super handsome in it, bare feet and all.

Reminds me, when I met Lindsey he was wearing socks.

Jamie
Old 09-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I've never seen that video, but I've heard the song. Thanks for posting.

It made me laugh, which I guess was the point? Lindsey looked super handsome in it, bare feet and all.

Reminds me, when I met Lindsey he was wearing socks.

Jamie
Gor. Geous.

The video is silly, but I love it. He's such a character! That's funny about the socks when did you meet him?
Old 09-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Gor. Geous.

The video is silly, but I love it. He's such a character! That's funny about the socks when did you meet him?
Totally by accident -
In Vegas, in a hallway at the MGM. He was incidentally staying on the same floor as us.
We were walking out of our room down the hall to go downstairs to pick up our tickets at Will Call for the show that night. This little dark-haired kid was running up and down the hall laughing. I said to my wife something like, Geez- people that let their kids just run around wild like that are so annoying. As we got closer to the elevator, there was Lindsey. He was standing outside his open hotel room door with sweatpants, a white t-shirt and white socks. That kid was his - Will. We kind of passed Lindsey and I stopped my wife and said, "You know who that is, right?" She smiled and said, Yeah. I told her we should at least say Hi and she declined (aka chickened out). So I went back myself and introduced myself. I said something like, "Excuse me Mr. Buckingham - I don't want to bug you, but I just wanted to say that I love your music and can't wait for the show." He smiled and thanked me. He shook my hand and said, "See you there then." He was so cool and laid back. I remember looking at his eyes and thinking, So THOSE are those blue-grey eyes Stevie loves so much - no wonder.
On my way back this little blonde girl was in the hall too (Lee-Lee?) and she looked and me and then said to Lindsey, "Who's that lady, Daddy?" I couldn't hear what his response was.

Anyway, that's my meeting Lindsey story.

Jamie
Old 09-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Totally by accident -
In Vegas, in a hallway at the MGM. He was incidentally staying on the same floor as us.
We were walking out of our room down the hall to go downstairs to pick up our tickets at Will Call for the show that night. This little dark-haired kid was running up and down the hall laughing. I said to my wife something like, Geez- people that let their kids just run around wild like that are so annoying. As we got closer to the elevator, there was Lindsey. He was standing outside his open hotel room door with sweatpants, a white t-shirt and white socks. That kid was his - Will. We kind of passed Lindsey and I stopped my wife and said, "You know who that is, right?" She smiled and said, Yeah. I told her we should at least say Hi and she declined (aka chickened out). So I went back myself and introduced myself. I said something like, "Excuse me Mr. Buckingham - I don't want to bug you, but I just wanted to say that I love your music and can't wait for the show." He smiled and thanked me. He shook my hand and said, "See you there then." He was so cool and laid back. I remember looking at his eyes and thinking, So THOSE are those blue-grey eyes Stevie loves so much - no wonder.
On my way back this little blonde girl was in the hall too (Lee-Lee?) and she looked and me and then said to Lindsey, "Who's that lady, Daddy?" I couldn't hear what his response was.

Anyway, that's my meeting Lindsey story.

Jamie
what a cute story!! and Jamie, you never shared it with us, all this time? you know how we eat these up!! that must have been what, SYW tour, if his son was still a little boy running around?

Old 09-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
what a cute story!! and Jamie, you never shared it with us, all this time? you know how we eat these up!! that must have been what, SYW tour, if his son was still a little boy running around?
I'm pretty sure this story is buried on a SYW thread somewhere. I'm glad you got to read it here then.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jamie,

I remember that story. I don't know if I saw it here or on FM Legacy, but I remember your telling it. It's great.

Michele