User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-26-2022, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I wish he'd asked her why she fake plays keys now.
She wasn’t on the 2018-19 tour, at least on Black Magic Woman and Tell Me All The Things You Do.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-26-2022, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default In the Greenwich Meantime

I like the sounds of this orchestral compilation. Bringing Christine full-circle to her classical roots. With all the musical talent in her family, she could have just recorded it at home. I do shiver to think about new vocals though, but as jbrownsjr says the Both Sides Now album worked really well, husky vocals and all.
Old 03-26-2022, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She wasn’t on the 2018-19 tour, at least on Black Magic Woman and Tell Me All The Things You Do.
That's the first tour I've missed since I was 15. I didn't care.

On BuckVie, she (nor Brett) was playing Hold Me. It was tracks. It's a smidge more difficult in the lowered key(B from the original D), but still... Either arthritis, remembering to play it in the weird key, or laziness. Two keyboard players, and neither one of them can be bothered to play it?
Actually, it would look weird for Brett to play it...
Old 03-26-2022, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
On BuckVie, she (nor Brett) was playing Hold Me. It was tracks. It's a smidge more difficult in the lowered key(B from the original D), but still... Either arthritis, remembering to play it in the weird key, or laziness. Two keyboard players, and neither one of them can be bothered to play it?
I can't think of a Christine song in B (although I'm not on top of the early stuff). Her Best Of should be called "Songs in the Key of F."

I'd like to pretend that the compilation will actually be titled "Songbird, Obviously." Sassy and straightforward.

Funny moment when she temporarily couldn't remember which FM album came after Rumours. Good to hear her commend Tusk for having great tracks on it, as well as acknowledging that people dig the Christine Perfect album.
Old 03-27-2022, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I can't think of a Christine song in B (although I'm not on top of the early stuff). Her Best Of should be called "Songs in the Key of F."

I'd like to pretend that the compilation will actually be titled "Songbird, Obviously." Sassy and straightforward.

Funny moment when she temporarily couldn't remember which FM album came after Rumours. Good to hear her commend Tusk for having great tracks on it, as well as acknowledging that people dig the Christine Perfect album.
I Don't Want To Know is the ONLY FM song I can think of, that's in B.
Edit - The Ledge is, too. I'm sure I'm forgetting something else, before some anal retentive stickler comes correcting me. Brown Eyes is Bm...sigh.

F was always Stevie's key. Dreams, Outside The Rain, Beauty/Beast, Sara, Gypsy.....my god, she was obsessed with F. Not F'ing. Just plain F.

I think a percentage of the population thinks of Christine when they hear the word Songbird. It's a good title for her project. Especially at this stage in the game.
Old 03-27-2022, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's the first tour I've missed since I was 15. I didn't care.
We know.

Quote:
Actually, it would look weird for Brett to play it...
Brett appeared to be playing it when I saw them.

That said, she was touring with Lindsey "Is it live or is it Memorex (hint: it's Memorex)" Buckingham. Just watch a 2009 clip of Fleetwood Mac doing "Go Insane." Watch any of his One Man Show videos, which are literally karaoke with guitar. Hell, he had a guy playing computer on stage in 2018.

Still not convinced? Watch "Tell Me All The Things You Do" and "Surrender The Rain" from their respective 2018 tours.

It was precisely because of this that I wrote off Fleetwood Mac unless Christine came back after the one Lindsey show I saw in 2006. (After which I asked if Robert Pollard was playing anywhere and started blasting GbV when I got home.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-27-2022, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If she tours the new Album, she won’t have to play or pretend to play.
She can sit in front of a small orchestra …and let them do their work.

I can see her perched on a stool, next to a grand piano, with pianist playing. .. maybe for an easy arrangement she could walk round and play..
Old 03-27-2022, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post

I can see her perched on a stool, next to a grand piano, with pianist playing. .. maybe for an easy arrangement she could walk round and play..
Black gown, diamond necklace, and all...

/s

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-27-2022, 03:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Black gown, diamond necklace, and all...

/s
Haha…Leather biker jacket just to remind who she is…
Old 03-27-2022, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thank you for posting this. You made my day.
My pleasure, it made my day too! Really cheered me up, particularly to hear about her new record.

I still find it so frustrating to think about Buckingham McVie, and what might have been. I listened to it again after the interview yesterday, and there's so much lovely stuff on there, a real compendium of classic Fleetwood Mac sounds. It really could have been a victory lap, as Gary Barlow says, just one element missing...

Christine seemed to enjoy the interview, I thought. Gary B sounded a bit nervous at the start but she put him at his ease.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I hate to be the Debbie Downer here but I had a different take on her statement about touring to promote her new CD. There obviously is going to be promotion which could bring a few live shows maybe in London with live strings or something. I dont think she wanted to put her foot down and be a buzz kill and say "absolutely not.....i cant play that much anymore and I am losing my voice." She also learned a lesson from her interview a few years ago when she said Fleetwood Mac was done. She received so much blow back that she learned to be coy with such questions. Lesson learned: Never say never to touring.
Maybe I am just trying to be realistic and grounded. If she really toured solo I would be the happiest person in the world. She does not have a huge following so I dont know how much a tour could make. She had a hit solo album in the peak of Fleetwood Mac and could only get a few hundred people to show up in major US cities. Even Buckingham/McVie could only sell half a small theater. So sadly I dont see the incentive to put a band together and tour.
Having said that, maybe she knows Fleetwood Mac is done and wants a swan song of her career and will do it by herself. But I just dont see it happening Prove me wrong Chris!!!!
Old 03-27-2022, 08:06 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
She talks rather cagily about Fleetwood Mac's future - suggests that there might be more to come - but also says she has a new 'compilation' album coming out this summer, called, somewhat inevitably, 'Songbird', and produced by Glyn Johns. It sounds like it will be her old songs set to an orchestral backing, so I don't imagine she's re-recorded her vocals, but who knows?
Christine's upcoming album Songbird would be her works rerecorded with an orchestra. "Songbird" is likely being included on the album, and would be the title track.

What other songs could make the album?

I would like to include
  • "Don't Stop"
  • "Everywhere"
  • "Got a Hold on Me"
  • "Heroes are Hard to Find"
  • "Hold Me"
  • "Isn't It Midnight"
  • "Little Lies"
  • "Oh Daddy"
  • "Over My Head"
  • "Save Me"
  • "Say You Love Me"
  • "You Make Loving Fun"
Old 03-27-2022, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post

Very true. I also think Christine can play piano or keyboards, just perhaps not for two full hours. She also seems to feel more comfortable behind the piano live, even though she did come center stage a few times on the last FM tour.

As Macfan4life said, it is hard to imagine a full tour for Christine solo, but select cities might work, especially in light of people having cabin fever after years of Covid, and smaller venues.

Homer, you mentioned her lack of playing could be due to arthritis or laziness. As a much younger man than Christine is now, I feel quite confident it’s not laziness on her part! She probably hadn’t played much before she toured with Lindsey, so maybe it was harder for her to play, but by the FM tour, she seemed to be really playing the keys more, so I’m guessing she was able to manage any pain or discomfort more by then.
Old 03-27-2022, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Christine's upcoming album Songbird would be her works rerecorded with an orchestra. "Songbird" is likely being included on the album, and would be the title track.

I would like to include
  • "Don't Stop"
  • "Everywhere"
  • "Got a Hold on Me"
  • "Hold Me"
  • "Isn't It Midnight"
  • "Little Lies"
  • "Oh Daddy"
  • "Over My Head"
  • "Save Me"
  • "Say You Love Me"
  • "You Make Loving Fun"
I like your list, but could do without Hold Me, especially if Lindsey won’t be on it.

I’d love to see Warm Ways, Brown Eyes, Over and Over, and Game of Pretend.
Old 03-27-2022, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post

I would like to include
  • "Don't Stop"
  • "Everywhere"
  • "Got a Hold on Me"
  • "Hold Me"
  • "Isn't It Midnight"
  • "Little Lies"
  • "Oh Daddy"
  • "Over My Head"
  • "Save Me"