User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
To me Dance, is the legacy live album. Definitely more well known too.
Honestly, I was never that crazy about The Dance. I watched the video a thousand times more than I listened to the CD.

Although I LOVED Live 1980. It was much more raw, and of course I was at a different stage of fandom in my life.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seven Bridges and Life's Been Good are awesome sauce on Eagles Live (that red cover album)
Re: Silver Springs

Life's Been Good isn't an Eagles song.

The Eagles were much better at incorporating their solo songs into their shows than FM.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the new songs on Dance. I hate the CD bc it has Landslide and Dreams which I don't like from that show. But Gold Dust and Gypsy from that show are sexy-time!
Also nice to see poor Lenny in the back there. Mick threw him off the bus for Taku. I'm a Lenny lover. He's amazing to meet in the flesh. Real NYer.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 02-10-2021 at 11:55 PM..
Old 02-10-2021, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Re: Silver Springs

Life's Been Good isn't an Eagles song.

The Eagles were much better at incorporating their solo songs into their shows than FM.
Joe made Life's Been Good an Eagles show highlight with the hat camera
Don's even played drums on that one in the shows.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That arrangement of “Seven Bridges Road” was done by Michael Nesmith for Ian Matthews’ 1974 “Valley High” album note for note.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-11-2021, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seven Bridges and Life's Been Good are awesome sauce on Eagles Live (that red cover album)
Quote:
I love the new songs on Dance. I hate the CD bc it has Landslide and Dreams which I don't like from that show. But Gold Dust and Gypsy from that show are sexy-time!
Also nice to see poor Lenny in the back there. Mick threw him off the bus for Taku. I'm a Lenny lover. He's amazing to meet in the flesh. Real NYer.
Honestly, I file The Dance CD right beside Behind The Mask. I'll bet it's been ten years since I've listened to either. I watch The Dance DVD a couple times a year.

I NEVER got into the extra players in the FM orchestra too much. I could maybe name you one of $tevie's original backup singers, and that would be it. I'd come closer to naming Lindsey's (or Christine's)solo bands than percussion and backup singers in FM. I always figured those were $tevie's paid yes people, so I didn't have much interest.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I could maybe name you one of $tevie's original backup singers,
When I heard they were looking for a new male vocalist/guitarist a few years ago, one name I thought would be good was Stephen Bishop, forgetting Marylin Martin is one of Stevie’s current backing vocalists. Most people don’t know that he wrote “Separate Lives.” That would have been awkward giving the backing vocalist a lead on a song that would have been one of the biggest hits in the set.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-11-2021, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Way, way back, Ken C. Did a QA here on the ledge. If my memory is correct, he was getting a ton of questions about things that may or not be in the Warner vault. As a result, he requested an inventory read out of what was there. I don’t think he shared the list, but I remember him commenting something like it was very disorganized, not everything was labeled accurately, and tons of soundboard recordings from the 70s/80s tours don’t exist. There isn’t a vast collection as fans might think.

My point is, it may have been a complete error due to poor archiving and labeling.
Yes that is a very good theory. Having said that, does no one not listen to the songs and clueless about the band not to know the labeling was wrong. I imagine to remaster songs takes a little effort at least listening to the songs. Maybe the people remastering have no idea who Fleetwood Mac is let alone live material.

Or maybe Mick sold out of his mom's underwear and rushed this deluxe set to market.

It would be hilarious if the photo spread was of the Behind the Mask era with the BTM tour dates. I mean really, how can this be an official release with such a major screw up. At least the unofficial Brazilian release of the Mirage concert with a photo of the BTM line up was not official.
Oooops, you mean this picture of Billy Burnette is not John McVie? Don't worry, we will get a cardboard cut out of Billy shot from the neck down and no one will notice.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-11-2021 at 05:58 AM..
Old 02-11-2021, 05:45 AM
tango87
This message has been deleted by tango87.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougl View Post
Great review. Sums up my feelings about Live - it's got some wonderful performances on it, however tweaked they may be. I'm So Afraid, for example, is my favourite version.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Great review. Sums up my feelings about Live - it's got some wonderful performances on it, however tweaked they may be. I'm So Afraid, for example, is my favourite version.
It was a great review. I did not click on the link earlier in this thread but your posting made me check it out again. OMG so funny and true what he says about Christine so subdued trying to introduce a song from Tusk with no applause from the audience. This album is odd but the oddity of it makes it genius in a few areas. This live version of Over and Over is the highlight of the album for me. To transform a cold and subdued song on Tusk to this unleashed power ballad live with harmonies and hypnotic guitar jam at the end is remarkable.
I too question the new songs while including sound check songs from earlier tours. Let alone including a version of Dont Stop where Lindsey breaks a guitar string at the end. They had no other versions of Dont Stop? Yet they polished Sara like a gem that it is. I actually was disappointed years later discovering this beautiful Sara was touched for the album.
Highlights:
Sara
Over and Over
I'm So Afraid (still my favorite live version)
Dont let Me Down Again
Rhiannon (still my favorite live version)
Oh Well - I think its better than Peter Green (sorry)
Over My Head - its an entirely different song

I like Go Your Own Way but for some reason its not my favorite based on Lindsey and Stevie's vocals

I will get flamed because I may be in the minority but I dont care for Farmers Daughter. I would have axed Fireflies, Farmers Daughter, and One More Lonely Night. If I had to keep one, I would keep One More Lonely Night (again, I realize I am in the minority)

Removing these "new" songs and Not That Funny could have given us The Chain and Sisters in full length.

Disappointments:
Dreams - worst version of the song ever IMHO
Dont Stop - not great
Landslide - sorry but I cant hear her .....speak up a little dear
Not That Funny - good grief not again

Even though the album peaked at #14 (for a double live album), Mick stated in his first book there was a lot of "told you so" and finger pointing at him. The album was not considered a commercial success and its dismal sales hurt after several albums of multi platinum success.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-11-2021 at 07:42 AM..
Old 02-11-2021, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It was a great review. I did not click on the link earlier in this thread but your posting made me check it out again. OMG so funny and true what he says about Christine so subdued trying to introduce a song from Tusk with no applause from the audience. This album is odd but the oddity of it makes it genius in a few areas. This live version of Over and Over is the highlight of the album for me. To transform a cold and subdued song on Tusk to this unleashed power ballad live with harmonies and hypnotic guitar jam at the end is remarkable.
I too question the new songs while including sound check songs from earlier tours. Let alone including a version of Dont Stop where Lindsey breaks a guitar string at the end. They had no other versions of Dont Stop? Yet they polished Sara like a gem that it is. I actually was disappointed years later discovering this beautiful Sara was touched for the album.
Highlights:
Sara
Over and Over
I'm So Afraid (still my favorite live version)
Dont let Me Down Again
Rhiannon (still my favorite live version)
Oh Well - I think its better than Peter Green (sorry)
Over My Head - its an entirely different song

I like Go Your Own Way but for some reason its not my favorite based on Lindsey and Stevie's vocals

I will get flamed because I may be in the minority but I dont care for Farmers Daughter. I would have axed Fireflies, Farmers Daughter, and One More Lonely Night. If I had to keep one, I would keep One More Lonely Night (again, I realize I am in the minority)

Removing these "new" songs and Not That Funny could have given us The Chain and Sisters in full length.

Disappointments:
Dreams - worst version of the song ever IMHO
Dont Stop - not great
Landslide - sorry but I cant hear her .....speak up a little dear
Not That Funny - good grief not again

Even though the album peaked at #14 (for a double live album), Mick stated in his first book there was a lot of "told you so" and finger pointing at him. The album was not considered a commercial success and its dismal sales hurt after several albums of multi platinum success.
Omg I LOVE Dreams on the live album!! It’s been doctored up, but I love it. They actually do the background vocal part!!

IMO, the worst version of Dreams is on Live In Boston.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes that is a very good theory. Having said that, does no one not listen to the songs and clueless about the band not to know the labeling was wrong. I imagine to remaster songs takes a little effort at least listening to the songs. Maybe the people remastering have no idea who Fleetwood Mac is let alone live material.

Or maybe Mick sold out of his mom's underwear and rushed this deluxe set to market.

It would be hilarious if the photo spread was of the Behind the Mask era with the BTM tour dates. I mean really, how can this be an official release with such a major screw up. At least the unofficial Brazilian release of the Mirage concert with a photo of the BTM line up was not official.
Oooops, you mean this picture of Billy Burnette is not John McVie? Don't worry, we will get a cardboard cut out of Billy shot from the neck down and no one will notice.
Sadly, there is a high likelihood that nobody in the band was even involved. Maybe Lindsey could tell by the guitar tone that it was 82 and not 79. They were probably given a copy to approve and sign off on and that’s about it. Somebody mentioned the alternate rumors release to Stevie in an interview and she barely knew what it was until the interviewer gave more details.

Videos on their YouTube channel are labeled incorrectly all over the place. Peacekeeper is from 1997 according to them.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m excited about everything regarding this release, but for me, the #1 thing is that the original 2 CDs are being remastered! That alone is something I’ve been wanting for years! The sound on the original release is horrible, so hopefully the remastering will be a huge improvement. I hate the price and how cumbersome these Deluxe Editions have been, but I’ll deal with it.

The other thing I’m really excited about is that this release, along with the earlier rerelease of the pre-Buckingham Nicks FM albums, is this gives me hope that Behind the Mask will also get the Deluxe treatment. Probably after the Dance Deluxe Edition, which I have no doubt will also be released.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Omg I LOVE Dreams on the live album!! It’s been doctored up, but I love it. They actually do the background vocal part!!

IMO, the worst version of Dreams is on Live In Boston.
I just cant stand the way she is over singing it. But when I looked at the date when it was recorded, it made sense to me. Dreams was not a hit when it was recorded. It was just released as the second single while on tour. IMHO she is over singing it because she is trying to oversell the song. It does not need that kind of drama.
I have no problem with the background vocals or music, the vocal is nails down a chalkboard to me.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
If they sold the rights to their songs how do they make money from this release?
I don’t know how that sort of thing works, but the record company will make money, and they’re the one who’s releasing it, not the band.