The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2019, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To my ears this recording sounds a lot better then the "Next Stop Main Road' CDs, although I haven't played them in ages. I saw them in Utrecht a few days earlier on this tour. Upfront and I remember them as very powerful. Never knew The Mac with LB before, so FM with BB & RV was FM to me :-)

I like the power in Stevie's and Chris' voice on this recording. You hear they are still young (early 40's) while to me (I was 20 back then) they were very old :-)

Alas, Thanks for sharing this link. It's blasting thru my Sonos right now.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
yes, Stevie states he is in the audience

What is your opinion about Stevie's "take your silver springs and dig your grave"

Klonopin slip or swipe at Mick?
I agree with you. It was a swipe.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
Take "Tear It Up" for instance - Stevie *danced* and played tambourine throughout the song. Very uptempo .. all into the song.
I was checking setlist.fm pages and found info of the December 7, 1990 at Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA. The Encore section starts with:
Tear It Up (Johnny Burnette cover) (with Lindsey Buckingham)

Didn't know Lindsey joined them once (or more dates?). What's the story behind that appearance? Does anybody know?
Old 01-24-2020, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I was checking setlist.fm pages and found info of the December 7, 1990 at Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA. The Encore section starts with:
Tear It Up (Johnny Burnette cover) (with Lindsey Buckingham)

Didn't know Lindsey joined them once (or more dates?). What's the story behind that appearance? Does anybody know?
Those were the last two performances of that tour that he joined, if I remember correctly? In Oakland the night before, and at The Forum for the final show. It was because those were to be Stevie and Christine's last shows with Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey did Landslide with Stevie and then came back for Go Your Own Way (and apparently Tear it Up).

The Landslide video from the Forum is readily available on Youtube. I've never seen nor heard Go Your Own Way but I've read claims here that it was QUITE the performance!
Old 01-25-2020, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GYOW wasn’t especially great. It was just very emotional having Lindsey there. All the hugs. Christine was running her fingers through his hair. Stevie was very moved and gave a heartfelt comment and being a BN fan at the time I found it extremely momentous, even though she ruined the moment eventually with Greenpeace and grabbing a kid from the audience and derailing the focus of everything.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
GYOW wasn’t especially great. It was just very emotional having Lindsey there. All the hugs. Christine was running her fingers through his hair. Stevie was very moved and gave a heartfelt comment and being a BN fan at the time I found it extremely momentous, even though she ruined the moment eventually with Greenpeace and grabbing a kid from the audience and derailing the focus of everything.
LMAO. OMG I remember Stevie being trashed in the Pittsburgh Press review about her Greenpeace speech. It railed against her about being so arrogant to tell fans "do it for me" after their November 1990 concert.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Someone around here...and I don't remember who...maybe it was the FM Usenet group....I'm going back a long time on this one...anyway, someone used to claim that version from the Forum was THE quintessential best version of GYOW ever. I've longed for it for years but I've got to think that a recording just simply doesn't exist, at least not among the fans. By now it would have had to come out.

And I'm not shocked at all about Stevie killing the moment - she's really perfected that move throughout her life
Old 01-26-2020, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Someone around here...and I don't remember who...maybe it was the FM Usenet group....
Omg, I haven't thought of Usenet in years...

Does it still exist? My ISP stopped carrying it probably 15 years ago.

I was on the FM one from about 96- whenever it died out. Maybe 2002 or so?
Old 01-26-2020, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Omg, I haven't thought of Usenet in years...

Does it still exist? My ISP stopped carrying it probably 15 years ago.

I was on the FM one from about 96- whenever it died out. Maybe 2002 or so?
Yeah I’d say that was about when Usenet groups kinda fizzled out. Actually I think Google bought all of that and you can still search for them and see old posts. That group along with being a Ledge lurker was how my 15-20 year old self gained so much Fleetwood Mac knowledge! It’s hard to imagine today how much more difficult it was back then to get info and history. All of the videos and audio on YouTube was nearly impossible to find or hear. I still remember my first recordings I either downloaded or bought off someone - the aforementioned Maine Road recording (which took like two months to download on dialup lol), Melbourne 1980, and Memphis 1982. Ahh, the good old days.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah I’d say that was about when Usenet groups kinda fizzled out. Actually I think Google bought all of that and you can still search for them and see old posts. That group along with being a Ledge lurker was how my 15-20 year old self gained so much Fleetwood Mac knowledge! It’s hard to imagine today how much more difficult it was back then to get info and history. All of the videos and audio on YouTube was nearly impossible to find or hear. I still remember my first recordings I either downloaded or bought off someone - the aforementioned Maine Road recording (which took like two months to download on dialup lol), Melbourne 1980, and Memphis 1982. Ahh, the good old days.
I didn't get my first computer until 96, I think.

I stumbled across alt.FM at Usenet, and became hooked...I mean, come on, this was the internet before it resembled anything like it is today, there wasn't much(seemingly) to search back then. I "met" David, jbrowns, ChiliD, and Stephen(Hopkins)MacDougal. Things seemed to be dying off in Usenetland(anyone remember Bill Gamelson? - $tevie's notorious stalker)...then David mentioned me coming to the Ledge(my haters, please don't take it out on him! ). I lurked for at least a couple of years, because everyone seemed so mean! Eventually, you adapt or you die!
Old 02-06-2020, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Someone around here...and I don't remember who...maybe it was the FM Usenet group....I'm going back a long time on this one...anyway, someone used to claim that version from the Forum was THE quintessential best version of GYOW ever. I've longed for it for years but I've got to think that a recording just simply doesn't exist, at least not among the fans. By now it would have had to come out.
That was me. I have it on video, somewhere. If I had a way to upload it, I would. It was cool because of the interplay between Lindsey and Rick, and then Lindsey did the “Countdown” solo at the end.

There’s a lot of stuff still not up. The whole Kirchner set comes to mind (Black Magic Woman and Rattlesnake Shake).

THE Stephen Hopkins