Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2021, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I still don’t get it..

I’m watching the Rumours 4 (no Christine) Live at Boston.
They’re playing “I’m so afraid”.
And the thought just keeps going through my head....I don’t get it .. I just don’t..

Yes I know it’s 3 years since, but I still do not understand how they sacked him.
Not the why...I think we all know that.

I know we should let bygones be bygones...water under the bridge etcetc.
But I will never forget what the four of them did.

Forgive ....who knows
And here we are now, 3 years gone by and Mick romancing Lindsey..
It’s a funny old world..
Old 06-01-2021, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I’m watching the Rumours 4 (no Christine) Live at Boston.
They’re playing “I’m so afraid”.
And the thought just keeps going through my head....I don’t get it .. I just don’t..

Yes I know it’s 3 years since, but I still do not understand how they sacked him.
Not the why...I think we all know that.

I know we should let bygones be bygones...water under the bridge etcetc.
But I will never forget what the four of them did.

Forgive ....who knows
And here we are now, 3 years gone by and Mick romancing Lindsey..
It’s a funny old world..
$tevie is a bitter old HAG, and unfortunately $he's the one that fills the $eats.

$he said, "it's him or me". They chose the $eat filler.

$he RUINED the ending of the band of my life. Old HAG.
Old 06-01-2021, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$tevie is a bitter old HAG, and unfortunately $he's the one that fills the $eats.

$he said, "it's him or me". They chose the $eat filler.

$he RUINED the ending of the band of my life. Old HAG.
There must be a way to express your feelings without ageism and misogyny. Please give it a try.
Old 06-01-2021, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"It's like a living thing, this Fleetwood Mac. It's a source stronger than its various members."
Christine McVie

And every living thing changes with time, but since the band was at the end of its life, it was too risky to fight again. I think Mick must be regretting.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
There must be a way to express your feelings without ageism and misogyny. Please give it a try.
There must be a way for you to mind your own business, and stop thinking I care about your opinion. Please give it a try.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

And every living thing changes with time, but since the band was at the end of its life, it was too risky to fight again.
The end of its creative life, right?

Because they could do shows for I'd say 5 years, thus the touring the oldies life is a beating heart.

Stones do like 12 shows every year in some part of the world. McCartney, to the best of my recollection has tour dates every year.

And FM is a stadium band now so they can do 40-70k gigs
Old 06-01-2021, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
The end of its creative life, right?

Because they could do shows for I'd say 5 years, thus the touring the oldies life is a beating heart.

Stones do like 12 shows every year in some part of the world. McCartney, to the best of my recollection has tour dates every year.

And FM is a stadium band now so they can do 40-70k gigs
I made a mistake, I should say the band was at the edge of the end of its life (creative, roads, anything). Because at that age, chances of continuing are less than when they are 40 or 50 yo. Yes the Stone are still there, but not Pink Floyd, Bowie, Frey, etc. That's why I mentioned risky. (IMHO) The Fleetwood Mac farewell must have been with the Rumours lineup. Now, since it's Fleetwood Mac, anything is possible in the future, but again, the odds are getting less and less. Plus, after the 2018 episode, it will bittersweet to see them together again.

Last edited by Villavic; 06-01-2021 at 08:47 PM..
Old 06-01-2021, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I made a mistake, I should say the band was at the edge of the end of its life (creative, roads, anything). Because at that age, chances of continuing are less than when they are 40 or 50 yo. Yes the Stone are still there, but not Pink Floyd, Bowie, Frey, etc. That's why I mentioned risky. The Fleetwood Mac farewell must have been with the Rumours lineup. Now, since it's Fleetwood Mac, anything is possible in the future, but again, the odds are getting less and less. Plus, after the 2018 episode, it will bittersweet to see them together again.
Ok. Well Gilmour and Waters still tour; as you know, Roger does spectacles for his tours. Eagles continued after Glenn passed and they're doing stadiums all over.

But I think I understand you.

Just in response to sue's thread here... I think they just dumped him so they could get money from the 2018-2019 tour. And Stevie is all they needed to reach that pot of gold.

Stevie thinks Lindsey's the anti-Christ so I don't even believe dumping him was about the money for her. For her it was probably the satisfaction of having the power to get rid of the guy that animated her musical drafts. Like "I don't need him."

It's a sneaky way of getting around her mantra "I'll never break up FM" to tell Mick: it's him or me. Snake.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie thinks Lindsey's the anti-Christ so I don't even believe dumping him was about the money for her. For her it was probably the satisfaction of having the power to get rid of the guy that animated her musical drafts. Like "I don't need him.".
Walter Egan had a few interesting thoughts on their relationship in a recent podcast he did -

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...yYjDQwzFwBqK3o

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-01-2021, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well at least give us a hint!!

make me sit through a whole podcast....
Old 06-01-2021, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok. Well Gilmour and Waters still tour; as you know, Roger does spectacles for his tours. Eagles continued after Glenn passed and they're doing stadiums all over.

Stevie thinks Lindsey's the anti-Christ so I don't even believe dumping him was about the money for her. For her it was probably the satisfaction of having the power to get rid of the guy that animated her musical drafts. Like "I don't need him."

It's a sneaky way of getting around her mantra "I'll never break up FM" to tell Mick: it's him or me. Snake.
Really, the Eagles did the ultimate replacements. Power hitter Vince Gill(who did I Can't Tell You Why on the Common Thread album). And letting Glenn's SON take his place was sheer genius. At the end of the first song he sang, they put up a giant pic of Glenn, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. You were cheering for him to be great!

But $tevie SAYS $he's not the boss!!! $he's really let her ego go wild since her Mom died. $he is a snake. Hi$$....
Old 06-02-2021, 04:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The band has never made any sense to me without Lindsey. I remember feeling bewildered after Tango, then listening to Behind The Mask and trying to get on board with the new sound. But it just missed so much - all that complexity, depth, and inventiveness; those odd, left-field choices.

Then hearing Make Me A Mask and Goodbye Angel on The Chain, and feeling a great pang for him.

And yet here we are again... But Mick clearly feels the same. He knows that the only way for him to make music that means something at this stage is with Lindsey.

Last edited by tango87; 06-02-2021 at 04:37 AM..
Old 06-02-2021, 04:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
The band has never made any sense to me without Lindsey. I remember feeling bewildered after Tango, then listening to Behind The Mask and trying to get on board with the new sound. But it just missed so much - all that complexity, depth, and inventiveness; those odd, left-field choices.

Then hearing Make Me A Mask and Goodbye Angel on The Chain, and feeling a great pang for him.

And yet here we are again... But Mick clearly feels the same. He knows that the only way for him to make music that means something at this stage is with Lindsey.
Lindsey is the only one capable...to go forward.
Stevie can’t write and prefers Divadom, in her Ivory tower, Christine (sorry) is too old, John’s had enough.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey is the only one capable...to go forward.
Stevie can’t write and prefers Divadom, in her Ivory tower, Christine (sorry) is too old, John’s had enough.
THIS.

All true. Lindsey is the only creative one left. I'm sure age is the reason for the rest of them(not that he's that much younger than them, but his creativity didn't dry up like $tevie's. Christine is just too old). If you told 30yo them that they'd still be beating this dead horse when they're knocking on death's door, they'd have laughed in your face!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-02-2021 at 10:52 AM..
Old 06-02-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
THIS.

All true. Lindsey is the only creative one left. I'm sure age is the reason for the rest of them(not that he's that much younger than them, but his creativity didn't dry up like $tevie's. Christine is just too old. If you told 30yo them that they'd still be beating this dead horse when they're knocking on death's door, they'd have laughed in your face!
Christine can still write. I loved her BuckVie Contributions.