User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yeah but NTF had so many cool elements in the song that lots of people liked or commented on like Mick's crazy faces, Micks beer chugs, Lindsey's joint smoking, Christine's clapping and pounding on the upright aka bench piano, and Stevie not on stage. I can see why it was important to include it in the set over Dreams or Rhiannon which had already been done the year before on Stevie's HBO special.
I'll take it just to hear Christine play piano and not even look at the keys. She would be playing/pounding and looking at Lindsey or the audience. So freaking cool.

See.....ITS NOT THAT FUNNY!
If 95% of people fast forward through it, it shouldn't have made the cut.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah but NTF had so many cool elements in the song that lots of people liked or commented on like Mick's crazy faces, Micks beer chugs, Lindsey's joint smoking, Christine's clapping and pounding on the upright aka bench piano, and Stevie not on stage.
And how can anybody who says he loves the way Buckingham plays guitar not be wowed by his Travis picking during the jam? “Not That Funny” always had some bone-crunching stuff in it live, which wasn’t to everybody’s taste perhaps (and the orgasm at the end was only funny the first few times). But it also usually had the band’s most breathless ad-libbing from Fleetwood, McVie, and especially Buckingham — not every time out the gate but often enough to make me look forward to one of the old concerts. Listen to Buckingham here and tell me this isn’t Travis cool. It’s like “Midnight Special” on amphetamine! Imagine if he had laid down this stuff on the studio track; we’d all be raving about it. And check out Fleetwood’s work on the rims, with occasional slam on the kick for the weird Mick Fleetwood emphasis. This is Austin City Limits at the Inglewood Forum, kids. Picking

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-17-2021, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It looks like you fast forwarded this song too much to notice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbrCeJdyPqE
Yes, exactly. And now that I've seen it I'd say it's not a prop.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Yes, exactly. And now that I've seen it I'd say it's not a prop.
Even more recently, in their dotage, the band released a video of Lindsey and Stevie smoking a joint while recording in the studio. You have to slow down the video to see it.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
And how can anybody who says he loves the way Buckingham plays guitar not be wowed by his Travis picking during the jam? “Not That Funny” always had some bone-crunching stuff in it live, which wasn’t to everybody’s taste perhaps (and the orgasm at the end was only funny the first few times). But it also usually had the band’s most breathless ad-libbing from Fleetwood, McVie, and especially Buckingham — not every time out the gate but often enough to make me look forward to one of the old concerts. Listen to Buckingham here and tell me this isn’t Travis cool. It’s like “Midnight Special” on amphetamine! Imagine if he had laid down this stuff on the studio track; we’d all be raving about it. And check out Fleetwood’s work on the rims, with occasional slam on the kick for the weird Mick Fleetwood emphasis. This is Austin City Limits at the Inglewood Forum, kids. Picking

I think it's absolutely terrific! I don't mind the orgasm. I love watching these 4 make music together like a machine. And as a teen, I was always fascinated that you could do a long song like that and the crowd ate it up. The guitar work is fantastic. And Stevie is back stage doing lines and not faking the percussion.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And Stevie is back stage doing lines and not faking the percussion.
If someone had dared to tape her cocaine straws to the table, $he would have fired them in$tantly.
Old 06-18-2021, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If someone had dared to tape her cocaine straws to the table, $he would have fired them in$tantly.
Do you remember an early 80s radio show called the "Rock Album Countdown"? It was on a rock station I listened to and they would do a weekly countdown of the rock albums and play a song from each album. They also had interviews that may not have been exclusively theirs. I would listen back in 1983 when the Wild Heart was in the countdown. An interviewer asked Stevie point blank: What do you do with so much time back stage at Fleetwood Mac concerts? Stevie's answer: I breathe steam for my voice. Yeah ok LOL I mean she is half right. A white substance was still going up the nose so she was giving a WHITE lie (get it....white lie)
Old 06-18-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Do you remember an early 80s radio show called the "Rock Album Countdown"? It was on a rock station I listened to and they would do a weekly countdown of the rock albums and play a song from each album. They also had interviews that may not have been exclusively theirs. I would listen back in 1983 when the Wild Heart was in the countdown. An interviewer asked Stevie point blank: What do you do with so much time back stage at Fleetwood Mac concerts? Stevie's answer: I breathe steam for my voice. Yeah ok LOL I mean she is half right. A white substance was still going up the nose so she was giving a WHITE lie (get it....white lie)
Just like the white wing lie!!
Old 06-18-2021, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Remember in the backstage Tusk footage she had her head over that steam thing? She had to dance around and do lots of giggling with Robin.

I liked that stuff. I remember at one point Robin was pinning up her hair and Lindsey was like please for the love of heaven can you hurry up. I mean every time he complains about something, she thinks it is because he is jealous of her, but sometimes I think he complained because she was just so darn annoying.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Remember in the backstage Tusk footage she had her head over that steam thing? She had to dance around and do lots of giggling with Robin.

I liked that stuff. I remember at one point Robin was pinning up her hair and Lindsey was like please for the love of heaven can you hurry up. I mean every time he complains about something, she thinks it is because he is jealous of her, but sometimes I think he complained because she was just so darn annoying.
Smoking pot, smoking Kool menthol 100's and doing tons of blow does wonders for the voice
Old 06-21-2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Because she milks her success. Even to her own band. She really has zero class.