User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2021, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
RAL was tolerable. OSOTM was awful. $he lost me forever with that turd.
I agree with you. She lost her way on RAL. You can actually hear her disintegrate on the overproduced, drug fueled record. I thought after RAL, she would surely find her back but then we got TOSOTM - pure CRINGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I threw my CD out of a speeding car. I thought it was garbage and I never thought of her the same way again. Anyone who would release record like that is not a real talent. Cry Wolf and I Still Miss Someone are two of the worst remakes of all time.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Just saw an instagram post from Rhino about a not one, but two album deal for reissues of RAL and TOSOTM! While RAL is certainly not my favourite, there are so many great songs from the period that were scrapped which would be awesome to hear cleaned up versions. Running Through the Garden and You Like Me come to mind. Same with TOSOTM, what lurks in the outtakes that we've never heard before? I think of the Wild Heart with the unknown Sorcerer outtake, which was not only wonderful but a welcomed surprise. Same potential exists for these two albums. I can't wait, I can't wait.
I can't find this instagram post anywhere. You sure you saw it or is this wishful thinking?
Old 05-21-2021, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I can't find this instagram post anywhere. You sure you saw it or is this wishful thinking?
I believe it was actually on Rhino’s Twitter, not Insta.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Nope.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but I just spoke will Bill Inglot from Rhino today. I brought up these reissues again (like I did back in January 2020) and he said no, there isn't any headway and she hasn't approved anything or given them the "go ahead" to produce any expanded or deluxe editions of RAL or TOSOTM.

Actually his exact words last year were "We tried to get these produced but she isn't interested." And today it was "Afraid not. No approvals from her on any future projects at the moment."

I usually run into him once a year. I'll ask again in 2022. LOL
Old 06-10-2021, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but I just spoke will Bill Inglot from Rhino today. I brought up these reissues again (like I did back in January 2020) and he said no, there isn't any headway and she hasn't approved anything or given them the "go ahead" to produce any expanded or deluxe editions of RAL or TOSOTM.

Actually his exact words last year were "We tried to get these produced but she isn't interested." And today it was "Afraid not. No approvals from her on any future projects at the moment."

I knew this was untrue. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post

Then I wonder why the cryptic post about Rock a Little in the first place from Rhino? I could understand if it had been about the Other Side of the Mirror, since the anniversary of it’s release was in May, but RAL? That album was released in November, I think. It just seems odd. The quarantine would have been a great opportunity for Stevie to write some liner notes and pick songs she would have liked to see included on a reissue.

On the other hand, she hasn’t performed songs from either of those albums live in years, so she clearly doesn’t care for them. Still, seems like a wasted opportunity.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

With the 80's throwback persisting as a trend these days, it's kind of a missed opportunity for a RAL re-issue. If there were any point in time that would be a good fit to revisit 80's Stevie, it would be now.

I really think at this point Stevie wants to sweep the majority of her 86-94 material under the rug. She probably views it as a blemish on the legacy she's been vehemently working to re-write and sterilize over the past 10+ years.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

This woman is beyond maddening! Never have I witnessed someone be such a hinderance to their own career. She won't give us a new Fleetwood Mac record. She has steadfastly been a roadblock in allowing a proper BuckinghamNicks release happen. She's forever b------- that albums don't sell, but her fans have been clamoring for a reissue of Rock A Little and now refuses to give them that (not to mention OTOSOTM). My fandom for her has really diminished more and more in recent years.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^And she said throughout 24 Karat Tour after she sang Moonlight "I don't care if anybody buys it, I'm going to continue to make music"
Old 06-10-2021, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
^And she said throughout 24 Karat Tour after she sang Moonlight "I don't care if anybody buys it, I'm going to continue to make music"
If Show Them The Way is any indication any "new" music best remains unheard.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^During lockdown, that's the new music she came up with, plus a feature on an Adam Levine song. Miley Cyrus remix is not new music since there's no new lyrics on it.

Melissa Etheridge, Paul McCartney, and Nancy Wilson made albums during lockdown.

Thanks Stevie for a live album for a 3 year old show.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is too bad. Not her best albums but still would be interesting maybe she'll have a change of heart someday.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Sounds great. I hope they add some live stuff from somewhere, too, and good photos.
The sad part is one of your friends said that Rhino bought some OSOTM Masters from him a few years ago so what we can expect from that is what we already have, or what you and a few others purchased many a moon ago.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Story time...
15+ years ago, all sorts of master reels showed up on ebay as a result of Modern Records being dissolved/sold off. I'm not sure how they actually wound up on ebay, but they did. Long story short, several groups of fans pooled money, purchased them, and had them transferred.

Also along the way, folks reached out to Stevie's management to make them aware that all of these master reels were hitting the market. They apparently showed zero interest. I'm curious if they had safety copies of everything and that's why they chose not to intervene?
Old 06-17-2021, 08:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

It's a shame we won't get a re-release of RAL.

I remember buying the import 12" single for ICW from a small record store in my hometown in Indiana. What an experience! The version of 'Rock a Little" on that single was (and still is) the best version of it. I loved the single so much that I bought a second copy. Then, when the US 12" single came out, I ordered that too.