User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2021, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
The hiring of the office temps also gave Stevie a break from Lindsey because they cannot stand each other. Make no mistake, the Buckingham/Nicks disdain for one another was NOT the reason for the fake “firing”.
The lawsuit + settlement was part of the act too?
Old 06-13-2021, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Neil Finn AND Mike Campbell were nothing more than temporary hired hands to do a one off Fleetwood Mac tour without Lindsey while he took a temporary leave of absence to do a solo album and work on his marriage.

The hiring of the office temps also gave Stevie a break from Lindsey because they cannot stand each other. Make no mistake, the Buckingham/Nicks disdain for one another was NOT the reason for the fake “firing”.

Neil’s temp job with Fleetwood Mac has come to an end—he knows it, management knows it, the band knows it. Expect an official announcement sometime by the third quarter of 2022.
Oh, how I wish you were joking. If you really expect Lindsey stepped aside voluntarily you cannot have watched any of the interviews where he discusses his firing. He believed it came from Stevie and she instigated a coup against him. He also received a payout from the band to compensate him for the income he would have made if he had been allowed to participate in the 2018-2019 tour, LIKE HE WANTED TO. That’s right, Lindsey wanted to perform in the 2018-2019 tour.

By the way, if he was given time off to work on his marriage, it worked a treat right? NO! He is getting a flaming divorce! Or is that “fake” too?

Please tell us all now that you are just trolling. Please.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, how ‘bout those Irving Azoff comments?

I mean, who saw that coming after Lindsey disparaged those Classic concerts?

And, do we know for fact that Lindsey got a massive payout, or is that an assumption? I bet he got a chunk, but not nearly what people think. I also think Azoff’s comments kill any potential collaboration between Lindsey and Mick. Pissing off Stevie is one thing, but Azoff? Even Mick’s not that stupid.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-21-2021, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I suspect Lindsey did indeed get a massive payout. Contracts were signed but the band ousted him, so he had every right to sue because he expected that income. Also, I think FM was more than happy to pay a massive settlement because at that time, they wanted him out. The tour was very successful and they all made a ton of money, so financially, it was a win win.

SteveMacD, it appears you were spot on about how Lindsey’s comments about the Classic festivals really riled Azoff- clearly, based on comments Azoff made since then, he was very angry and done with Lindsey, so when Stevie complained later, Azoff was ready to help get him out of FM. I always thought your theory was possible, but now realize it’s the most likely scenario.