Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2022, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default At Last

I have always loved Stevie’s live version of “At Last.” She crushes it—right away with that suspended note at the end of the opening phrase. Her vibrato is in full force here, her tone warm. She’s in total control of the song. Why she didn’t do a cover album of tunes in this vein is beyond me.

When was this performed? My guess is 1998? After The Dance? But my download says 2007, which can’t be right.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 05-01-2022 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Vein, not vain
Old 04-30-2022, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I have always loved Stevie’s live version of “At Last.” She crushes it—right away with that suspended note at the end of the opening phrase. Her vibrato is in full force here, her tone warm. She’s in total control of the song. Why she didn’t do a cover album of tunes in this vain is beyond me.

When was this performed? My guess is 1998? After The Dance? But my download says 2007, which can’t be right.
She crushes it. The professionally recorded one is from the Stormy Weather Benefit which I think is for Don Henley's environmental protection charity. I can't recall if it was sung in 1995 or 1998.

She also did an amazing version of the American standard "Sunday Kind of Love" a few years later at another Stormy Weather Benefit.

What I wish is for video from the performance of At Last!!!
Old 05-01-2022, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She crushes it. The professionally recorded one is from the Stormy Weather Benefit which I think is for Don Henley's environmental protection charity. I can't recall if it was sung in 1995 or 1998.

She also did an amazing version of the American standard "Sunday Kind of Love" a few years later at another Stormy Weather Benefit.

What I wish is for video from the performance of At Last!!!
Thank you. I sensed the performance was from the mid- or late-90s, given the quality of her voice. I’ll check out Sunday Kind of Love.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Her Stormy Weather “At Last” was April 1998. She also sang it at the Agassi benefit in September 1998 but the recording isn’t nearly as good.

“Sunday Kind of Love” was at the Stormy Weather benefit in November 2002. She looked stunning at that one. Was refreshing to see her in a nice sleek dress that showed off her figure and wasn’t bulky and ragged/witchy.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Her Stormy Weather “At Last” was April 1998. She also sang it at the Agassi benefit in September 1998 but the recording isn’t nearly as good.

“Sunday Kind of Love” was at the Stormy Weather benefit in November 2002. She looked stunning at that one. Was refreshing to see her in a nice sleek dress that showed off her figure and wasn’t bulky and ragged/witchy.
Is there a picture of this floating around?
Old 05-01-2022, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Is there a picture of this floating around?
Yep, there’s plenty of pics from Stormy Weather 2002. I loved her look. The flower in her hair was really cute too.

Last edited by rhiannondontgo; 05-01-2022 at 12:33 PM..
Old 05-01-2022, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did Stevie break into Christine’s Etta James albums?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-01-2022, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Yep, there’s plenty of pics from Stormy Weather 2002. I loved her look. The flower in her hair was really cute too.

Thanks! Love the center one with her arms raised.