User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I guess I was being as unfair to Lindsey as other posters have been to Stevie, saying she just likes to party in the recording studio and doesn't take it seriously.
If you're referring to me, I didn't mean to imply that Stevie doesn't take her work seriously. I'm sure she does and goes into the studio wanting to make the most spectacular record she can. It's just that her means to an end is to have fun while she does it. In her days of excess that would have, and did get her into trouble. Now that she's not high or drunk, I suppose her biggest dilemma is how to have fun with Lindsey in the room!
Old 09-11-2016, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey would never have to admit that, since even Stevie herself, who is far from modest, would never describe his contributions that way.

At any rate, I thought -- I mean, I think I have heard a fan or two of hers mumble something to the effect -- that she HAS had a successful solo career. So, Lindsey has already had about 34 years to contemplate the fact that Stevie can produce successful songs without his involvement. It doesn't seem to have humiliated him much.

Michele
Indeed.

Though there is an interview with Mick where he talks about the SnL dynamic and how, when Bella Donna was such a huge success, in Mick's words, (paraphrasing) "I'm sure Lindsey had to have a long hard think about that" .. in other words, it was now hard to deny that she could be successful without him. But as noted, that was in 1981, and he's certainly processed it and moved on for some time now.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I guess I was being as unfair to Lindsey as other posters have been to Stevie, saying she just likes to party in the recording studio and doesn't take it seriously.
Well, Stevie described it as she thinks Lindsey never wants to have any fun and he thinks all she does is have fun. And she talked about how it was in the beginning when he was trying to show her what a musical bar was and she would say, "oh you mean that bar down the street?"

Michele
Old 09-11-2016, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Now that she's not high or drunk, I suppose her biggest dilemma is how to have fun with Lindsey in the room!
There must be a way of doing that. Has anyone heard Christine complaining about an ayatollah-Lindsey during those months in studio D where they concocted those co-writes we all want to hear for two years now?

Old 09-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
There must be a way of doing that. Has anyone heard Christine complaining about an ayatollah-Lindsey during those months in studio D where they concocted those co-writes we all want to hear for two years now?
no, but she did say in an interview since her return that in years past he was moody and mercurial and could be difficult. clearly he has mellowed since, at least with everyone but Stevie, at least according to Stevie.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey was so awful to work with that Stevie asked him to do a song on IYD.

I doubt working with Lindsey has anything to do with Stevie being noncommittal with recording a new album. I think Stevie doesn't see the value in putting any effort into making a new meaningful Fleetwood Mac album because it won't sell. Yeah, her last album didn't sell very well, but it wasn't a serious project and it required minimal effort.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-12-2016, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Lindsey was so awful to work with that Stevie asked him to do a song on IYD.
Lindsey also appeared on her solo album, Trouble in Shangri-La on the song "I Miss You." And Stevie appears on Lindsey's Soundstage DVD as a guest.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Got a point there.If Stevie does not like dealing with Lindsey.She would not invite him for her solo stuff and he would do the same.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post

I'd say a shot of tequila and proceed quickly!

Stevie is quoted as saying in a recent Billboard article:

Is it possible that Fleetwood Mac might do another record? I can never tell you yes or no, because I don't know. I honestly don't know. … It's like, do you want to take a chance of going in and setting up in a room for like a year [to record an album] and having a bunch of arguing people? And then not wanting to go on tour because you just spent a year arguing? Or do you just go on tour because you know that you have fun up there and you love doing shows?

I'd say she definitely has some reservations and uncomfortable feelings about a long haul in the recording studio. Not so much a one off song where she's asked Lindsey to figure out a guitar part on a song that was real important to her, much less recorded in her home. And she most certainly doesn't mind performing with Lindsey on stage. She tours with him and the rest of The Mac for years at a time.

As for the album sales excuse I quote Stevie here in another Billboard article:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ood-mac-return

"Before I started this record, I wasn't gonna make another record. Because I was really so bummed out by people trying to explain to me why the music business wasn't the same (as it used to be)."

Used to be: As in, when album sales were still robust and artists didn't have to worry about their music being freely shared on the Internet.

Stewart convinced Nicks to take a different view on the business. "'It doesn't matter Stevie!'" she says he said to her. "'We're in our 60s. If this whole record goes to hell, it doesn't matter! We're OK! We're financially stable. We'll be just fine. So we can do anything we want. We can try anything we want.'"

The spark that set the entire album in motion was Nicks' viewing of "The Twilight Saga: New Moon." She was so moved by the film, she was inspired to write the song "Moonlight" (which appears on "In Your Dreams").

"I said, 'you know what, now I'm gonna have to do a record,' because I can't just put this little song out without a record to back it up. So even if it doesn't sell any records, I'm ready to make a record now."

And with that, she set out to make "In Your Dreams" into a reality.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...gevity-w438642

Quote:
When I feel ready to go back to Fleetwood Mac when we do our next tour in a year and half, I’ll be ready to go back to Fleetwood Mac, and it’ll be good."
There ya go. There is the new FM album that everyone can't shut up about. No way FM is going to release an album and then tour 18 months later - the album will wait until they are ready to go on the road again.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-14-2016, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...gevity-w438642

There ya go. There is the new FM album that everyone can't shut up about. No way FM is going to release an album and then tour 18 months later - the album will wait until they are ready to go on the road again.
How on earth did you deduce a FM album from her quote about touring with FM in 18 months? If anything, it seems to once again suggest quite the opposite.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You can all think what you want but I'm positive that Stevie will contribute to the new Mac album before the huge tour in 2018 or so.

Album with supporting tour would be perfect.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think if anything, Stevie would love to do an album *just for fun* but Lindsey/record companies/rest-of-the-band are making it a huge deal, and I think it frustrates her. I think she would much rather maintain the legacy of huge sales with FM and just tour... I think if the band approached the idea of making a new album with Stevie differently she would be more inclined to participate.

At this point, I think she's realized that it's just important to have fun in life, and not take "it" too seriously ("it" being everything about Fleetwood Mac since Rumours was released)
Old 09-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
You can all think what you want but I'm positive that Stevie will contribute to the new Mac album before the huge tour in 2018 or so.

Album with supporting tour would be perfect.
Did she tell you?
Old 09-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Again I think FM should not let the cat out of the bag years ago talking about this album with all the BS behind it .I rather be surprised as the news breaks about it after its all recorded and they are about to release it.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016