Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2024, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I quite like the finished version. Not a lot of folks like that album, but I love OSOTM.
Me too. There are definitely duds on the album. But IMHO it was such a HUGE step up from RAL. Its a brutally honest album and her early klonopin days let her reveal so much. I agree with Stevie that it is a magic album.

BTW, I've decided. I want this demo version of Juliet to be played at my funeral with no explanation given as loud as possible.

SECOND VERSE!

Stevie ditching rehab 2 days early and comparing the experience to prison and escaping from the police state of West Germany is beyond brilliant. For the first time in her life people told her what to do and she could not handle it. Had she stayed and completed a successful treatment could have prevented the klonopin years. It was because of her leaving early and calling the experience "really dumb" and firing her management company over it is what gave her friends concern she would relapse. Most rehab songs are positive but hers is so dark and brutal how can anyone not like it.

I will never forget the MTV music news break with Martha Quin who started with "Stevie Nicks, not talking to anyone" (Clearly a Talk To Me reference). Stevie checked in to Betty Ford for a 30 day stint but left after 28 days calling the experience "really dumb."
More music news later on MTV

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-29-2024 at 09:07 AM..
Old 03-29-2024, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

but of course, for the past 20 years she spun it as the heroic experience that saved her life, glossing over the reality of what actually happened.
Old 03-29-2024, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Me too. There are definitely duds on the album. But IMHO it was such a HUGE step up from RAL. Its a brutally honest album and her early klonopin days let her reveal so much. I agree with Stevie that it is a magic album.

BTW, I've decided. I want this demo version of Juliet to be played at my funeral with no explanation given as loud as possible.

SECOND VERSE!

Stevie ditching rehab 2 days early and comparing the experience to prison and escaping from the police state of West Germany is beyond brilliant. For the first time in her life people told her what to do and she could not handle it. Had she stayed and completed a successful treatment could have prevented the klonopin years. It was because of her leaving early and calling the experience "really dumb" and firing her management company over it is what gave her friends concern she would relapse. Most rehab songs are positive but hers is so dark and brutal how can anyone not like it.

I will never forget the MTV music news break with Martha Quin who started with "Stevie Nicks, not talking to anyone" (Clearly a Talk To Me reference). Stevie checked in to Betty Ford for a 30 day stint but left after 28 days calling the experience "really dumb."
More music news later on MTV
Why did she call it "dumb". I always thought she respected rehab.
Old 03-29-2024, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL you know what was really "dumb"? Having your friend take the same amount of pills you currently take and see what happens. F*ck around and find out, it will be great!

Last edited by BigAl84; 03-29-2024 at 10:16 AM..
Old 03-29-2024, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
LOL you know what was really "dumb"? Having your friend take the same amount of pills you currently take and see what happens. F*ck around and find out, it will be great!

God I love your humor, BigAl.
Old 03-29-2024, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why did she call it "dumb". I always thought she respected rehab.
She could not stand to be there and had to give some excuse for leaving early. She never wanted to go and resented the fact that her management company pretty much forced her to go. But starting with Mick's book and beyond is a picture painted that she completed a successful stint at rehab and it was her evil friends and evil doctor that got her hooked on another drug. Perhaps if she really did do a successful stint she would not have allowed herself to substitute one drug for another. She portrays herself as a victim for being forced into Betty Ford. Then she is a heroine for supposedly completing treatment and then a victim again by evil-doers who forced her on tranquilizers and kept upping her dose.
For Scarlett of course!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-29-2024 at 10:55 AM..
Old 03-29-2024, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

What's truly amazeballs is that someone SO DUMB(because she truly is), managed to go so far in the music business(I almost said "in life"- but she hasn't done THAT- only in music). I guess being someone the entire world wanted to F$#% for a few years paid off. I mean, come on, she hasn't released anything of real substance for 41 years?
Old 03-29-2024, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What's truly amazeballs is that someone SO DUMB(because she truly is), managed to go so far in the music business(I almost said "in life"- but she hasn't done THAT- only in music). I guess being someone the entire world wanted to F$#% for a few years paid off. I mean, come on, she hasn't released anything of real substance for 41 years?
Not so dumb, but she had a lot of luck. The Farrah Faucet era, really went far back then.

Christine stayed in her lane, and still passed away with millions.

LB much of the same, but I think he wanted the bigger lane. He out "smarted" himself, which was just as dumb. Know your audience.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not so dumb, but she had a lot of luck. The Farrah Faucet era, really went far back then.

LB much of the same, but I think he wanted the bigger lane. He out "smarted" himself, which was just as dumb. Know your audience.
Lindsey should have made an album with Christine in '87 while the rest of the lot sobered up. It would have saved him an entire decade of turmoil and BS. It probably would have gone over (with Stevie) about as well as it did in 2017.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:57 PM

Say what you will, about Goat, she's worked harder than any of them.

Anyone that has toured or sat in a studio knows this.
Old 03-29-2024, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Say what you will, about Goat, she's worked harder than any of them.

Anyone that has toured or sat in a studio knows this.
$he wanted $uperstardom more than any of the rest of them, that's for sure.
Old 03-29-2024, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I still maintain, after all these years, if $he'd been fugly, $he'd have gone nowhere.

No one ever wrote a song, Sit On My Face, Phyllis Diller. Just sayin'....
https://youtu.be/z0cKs_h59yk?si=WQLJtd9C-KQnB4vN
Old 03-29-2024, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Paul Fishkin: She was going to be a superstar or a nobody. Nothing in between.
Old 03-30-2024, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Paul Fishkin: She was going to be a superstar or a nobody. Nothing in between.
that was Keith Olsen. Regardless, that statement sums up her whole life.

Paul Fishkin did however have the quote that says it all but that everyone ignored: "All the near-overdoses on the road"
Old 03-30-2024, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
that was Keith Olsen. Regardless, that statement sums up her whole life.

Paul Fishkin did however have the quote that says it all but that everyone ignored: "All the near-overdoses on the road"
Yes and that line was cut from the Behind the Music. But it was in the previews.
You have a very good memory. Most would have forgotten that.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-30-2024 at 05:44 PM..