Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lis,

You posted this picture very early in this thread. I don't think I asked you about it before. Do you know when this picture was taken? It almost looks as if she was a teenager when this was taken. Do you remember where you got this photo? I just thought about it again when I saw it posted in the Chris section of the new discography.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chrisdock.jpg (44.2 KB, 97 views)
Old 03-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Lis,

You posted this picture very early in this thread. I don't think I asked you about it before. Do you know when this picture was taken? It almost looks as if she was a teenager when this was taken. Do you remember where you got this photo? I just thought about it again when I saw it posted in the Chris section of the new discography.
Isn't that a cute little picture? I'd think it was probably taken near Kiln House or Benifolds, I'd guess around 1970?? I got that off the TV...maybe from that 'All Access' show, or one of those...maybe it was even 'Two Sticks and a Drum?' ..or maybe not. I lose track of where I get stuff from. I just remember there was a montage of shots that flashed very quickly back to back over the screen, if you blinked you'd miss it...in my original posting I had one called 'hotjohn' that was also from that same montage.

actually wait, down in the corner I see 'Much More Music" , that was the special it came from!! aha!

-Lis
Old 03-23-2005, 12:46 PM

i can't believe how many photos i haven't seen

until this thread
Old 03-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Isn't that a cute little picture? I'd think it was probably taken near Kiln House or Benifolds, I'd guess around 1970?? I got that off the TV...maybe from that 'All Access' show, or one of those...maybe it was even 'Two Sticks and a Drum?' ..or maybe not. I lose track of where I get stuff from. I just remember there was a montage of shots that flashed very quickly back to back over the screen, if you blinked you'd miss it...in my original posting I had one called 'hotjohn' that was also from that same montage.

actually wait, down in the corner I see 'Much More Music" , that was the special it came from!! aha!

-Lis
OK thanks, now I see it. I'd never ever seen that picture before. She looks very different in that picture, not quite as thin as around the 1970 period, although it's a bit hard to tell. That's why I thought it might actually be a real early picture. By the way, I've backed up alot of these pictures to CD, just in case.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
i can't believe how many photos i haven't seen

until this thread
I know. And, there are probably many more we still haven't seen.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
OK thanks, now I see it. I'd never ever seen that picture before. She looks very different in that picture, not quite as thin as around the 1970 period, although it's a bit hard to tell. That's why I thought it might actually be a real early picture. By the way, I've backed up alot of these pictures to CD, just in case.
It is a bit blurry, but she looks pretty thin...I should look so good in a bathing suit. My guess would still be 1970. (As a teen, remember, she said she was very chubby!!) The thing I love about that pic is that it's obviously one from the 'family album', probably John or Mick took it on a day when they were just chillin' by the water...

sigh, to have but a peek in all their old photo albums.... ack, who am I kidding? i wouldn't be happy w/ just a peek, they'd have to pry the album out of my cold dead fingers, as I'd never let it go voluntarily.

Surely there are places to help such disturbed souls as myself??

-Lis
Old 03-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Surely there are places to help such disturbed souls as myself??

-Lis
You've already created it.
Thanks!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
sigh, to have but a peek in all their old photo albums.... ack, who am I kidding? i wouldn't be happy w/ just a peek, they'd have to pry the album out of my cold dead fingers, as I'd never let it go voluntarily.

Um, Lis...what about a lap-top & a scanner?!?
Old 03-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
You've already created it.
Thanks!
aww, aren't you sweet. thanks, and you're welcome!!

-Lis
Old 03-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Um, Lis...what about a lap-top & a scanner?!?
That could work, I suppose it would be preferable to my demise.

My dream is that some Mac member someday will realize the devotion of this site, and donate a bunch of never-before-seen pics to be viewed here by the multitudes of fans who have loved this band for years (and perhaps-- most importantly-- to be viewed by me LOL).

Marty's dream is to one day journey to outer space. hhmm....Whose dream is more likely to come true....??

-Lis
Old 03-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My dream is that some Mac member someday will realize the devotion of this site, and donate a bunch of never-before-seen pics to be viewed here by the multitudes of fans who have loved this band for years (and perhaps-- most importantly-- to be viewed by me LOL).

Marty's dream is to one day journey to outer space. hhmm....Whose dream is more likely to come true....??

-Lis
In the event your last question WASN'T rhetorical, unfortunately, Marty's it seems. It seems "donate" & "Fleetwood Mac" are mutually exclusive. (especially, if there's a buck to be made)
Old 03-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
In the event your last question WASN'T rhetorical, unfortunately, Marty's it seems. It seems "donate" & "Fleetwood Mac" are mutually exclusive. (especially, if there's a buck to be made)
true, true...however the odds are greater that some individuals would do it over others...

And if you don't already think I've lost my mind completely, i even thought of like putting the pictures into some gallery type of thing, where the viewer could then donate $ to a charity of the benefactor's choice. Greenpeace or something. The charity could change if the group of pictures changes (think how many pictures have been taken over a 40 yr career.)

yikes. Did i really just tell you all that? can you tell I've had some sleepless nights lately? Things w/ my son (his apraxia, educational issues etc) are stressing me out and occupying much of my thoughts ...and of course thinking of FM helps me de-compress.

never mind my silly ramblings...

-Lis
Old 03-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
true, true...however the odds are greater that some individuals would do it over others...

-Lis
And which individuals did you have in mind?
Old 03-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And which individuals did you have in mind?
The one that has the most pictures.

-Lis
Old 04-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just got a scanner, so I thought I'd play a little with it. Here are some pictures of Chris that I have. These are from that pie fight in Hawaii during the Tusk tour. The last one is Chris & Stevie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris Hawaii4.jpg (92.9 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Chris Hawaii6.jpg (94.0 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Chris Hawaii9.jpg (87.1 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Chris Hawaii11.jpg (86.7 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg C&S Hawaii1.jpg (85.4 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by macfan 57; 04-03-2005 at 03:53 PM..