Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2023, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Ah, the “Who the Hell is in Fleetwood Mac Tour of ‘24”
Wouldn’t be the first time they had a tour like that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-02-2023, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Ferrone over Taku Hirano for supplement? Then don't forget The Webb Sisters on bgv.
Taku could be considered as one of "Lindsey's guys" a la Brett, so maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
In 2024 Stevie will reunite with Mick. A tour will be announced with Sheryl Crow as a new member. Neil Fin will also be included on this tour.
Welp, the normalization of Sheryl as somehow part of FM or the FM family (though she's never done a thing with them, unlike many of the other musicians mentioned) has begun, with her appearing with Mick at the Grammy's and singing Chris's songs.
Old 02-02-2023, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Taku could be considered as one of "Lindsey's guys" a la Brett, so maybe not.
The joke I was making that the backing band will now be Steve Ferrone, Benmont Tench, Ron Blair, and Scott Thurston. UnwindedDreams brought up Taku.

Taku being one of Lindsey’s guys should have been dispelled on the 2018-19 tour.

Quote:
Welp, the normalization of Sheryl as somehow part of FM or the FM family (though she's never done a thing with them
She played organ and sang harmonies on “Say You Will” and “Silver Girl.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-02-2023, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The joke I was making that the backing band will now be Steve Ferrone, Benmont Tench, Ron Blair, and Scott Thurston. UnwindedDreams brought up Taku.

Taku being one of Lindsey’s guys should have been dispelled on the 2018-19 tour.

She played organ and sang harmonies on “Say You Will” and “Silver Girl.”
yes, but the average person doesn't know that. She's never been seen performing with them. (a scene in the documentary doesn't count)
Old 02-03-2023, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

During the 2024 tour, Silver Girl will be performed. It will be dedicated to Sheryl and welcoming her to the band. It will be the "Gypsy Story" of the tour. Stevie will say how it was a premonition how she wrote it about Sheryl and was on an album without Chris. She will go on to explain how she wrote it and how it relates to Sheryl.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
During the 2024 tour, Silver Girl will be performed. It will be dedicated to Sheryl and welcoming her to the band. It will be the "Gypsy Story" of the tour. Stevie will say how it was a premonition how she wrote it about Sheryl and was on an album without Chris. She will go on to explain how she wrote it and how it relates to Sheryl.
so sad that such comments don't even stand out as obvious satire anymore, because reality has gotten so f^#*ed that it feels entirely possible.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Neale isn't a Lindsey guy either, right?

Who did Taku tour with in 2021 and 2022? I genuinely don't know. Stevie stopped using percussion in 2012.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Neale isn't a Lindsey guy either, right?
That whole “Lindsey’s guy” thing is BS, otherwise Neale and Taku wouldn’t have been on the 2018 tour. Brett was cut because he pleaded on Lindsey’s behalf after Neil and Mike were in. In other words, he didn’t believe in the tour, which was his right. However, they had the right to move on from him and find someone who would believe in the tour.

Furthermore, it was Mick who initially knew Neale and Neale has collaborated with Stevie. He might be primarily known as Lindsey’s right hand guy, but that doesn’t mean it was ever an exclusive relationship.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-03-2023, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That whole “Lindsey’s guy” thing is BS, otherwise Neale and Taku wouldn’t have been on the 2018 tour. Brett was cut because he pleaded on Lindsey’s behalf after Neil and Mike were in. In other words, he didn’t believe in the tour, which was his right. However, they had the right to move on from him and find someone who would believe in the tour.

Furthermore, it was Mick who initially knew Neale and Neale has collaborated with Stevie. He might be primarily known as Lindsey’s right hand guy, but that doesn’t mean it was ever an exclusive relationship.
Where did Mick know Neale from? Neale sent Stevie a musical track which she sang New Orleans too.

It is interesting that Mick posted a tribute to Brett last year whereas Stevie didn't.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where did Mick know Neale from? Neale sent Stevie a musical track which she sang New Orleans too.

It is interesting that Mick posted a tribute to Brett last year whereas Stevie didn't.
Mick and Neale first worked together on Peter Bardens’ 1988 album Speed of Light.

Brett had been a member of the Zoo.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-03-2023, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick and Neale first worked together on Peter Bardens’ 1988 album Speed of Light.

Brett had been a member of the Zoo.
Thank you for the info about Peter Bardens.

Brett toured with Stevie for 10 years too. She would say in her band into that he was her 2nd favorite Hammond player, which I guess she says about Ricky too.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
so sad that such comments don't even stand out as obvious satire anymore, because reality has gotten so f^#*ed that it feels entirely possible.
Its an honest prediction but I can see the satire in it
Old 02-06-2023, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For what it's worth, some wikipedian or other has changed the Fleetwood Mac article to the past tense:

"Fleetwood Mac were a British-American rock band, formed in London in 1967. Fleetwood Mac were founded by guitarists and vocalists Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer, and drummer Mick Fleetwood...."

That kind of feels right, despite Mick's slight equivocation. I suppose technically we've been here before in the 1996-1997 interregnum but even allowing for the strangeness of the band's final incarnation, it's a sad day.

Rest in peace and pieces, Fleetwood Mac. Thank you, guys and gals.
Old 02-06-2023, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I suppose technically we've been here before in the 1996-1997 interregnum
Even then, we knew Mick was working with Lindsey before it was announced Fleetwood Mac had broken up. And, in very short order, Mick, Stevie, Christine, and John attended the Kentucky Derby with Steve Winwood filling in for Lindsey and “Twisted” was released. So, it was obvious there was momentum building for the Rumours band getting back together.

Now, with Christine gone, it doesn’t really matter what happens. I mean, I’d still go just to see Mick and hear the songs, but Fleetwood Mac is over.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-06-2023, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
For what it's worth, some wikipedian or other has changed the Fleetwood Mac article to the past tense:

"Fleetwood Mac were a British-American rock band, formed in London in 1967. Fleetwood Mac were founded by guitarists and vocalists Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer, and drummer Mick Fleetwood...."

That kind of feels right, despite Mick's slight equivocation. I suppose technically we've been here before in the 1996-1997 interregnum but even allowing for the strangeness of the band's final incarnation, it's a sad day.

Rest in peace and pieces, Fleetwood Mac. Thank you, guys and gals.
With Christine gone, I wouldn’t want to see any combination of the remaining members touring or recording as “Fleetwood Mac,” but reading that wiki page in past tense was like a punch in the gut.

Like, what do you do when, not just your favorite band, but your favorite anything, the people and art that defined your life (and for many of us born in the 70s or later, your whole life) are over? Really, it was all over on 11/30, but there’s something so surreal about seeing “Fleetwood Mac was…” written out like that.

I suppose this is how the past 40+ years must have felt for Beatles fans. We’re lucky to have had them for so long, and of course we’ll always have the music, but it still feels so weird… like now what? I guess I need a new hobby or something?

Thank you, Fleetwood Mac, for bringing us along on the wildest ride in rock and roll history.