User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2023, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
This is what should have happened. Way better, more consistent album than anything we got, too.

Buckingham Fleetwood McVie (1998)

The Right Place to Fade
Wait For You
Miranda
Red Rover
Murrow
Someone’s Gotta Change Your Mind

Down On Rodeo
Come
Steal Your Heart Away
Gift of Screws
Bleed to Love Her
Say Goodbye
I like it Steve! But no way they were gonna do anything without Stevie even in 1998. Instead they preferred to dick around for 5 years.
Old 04-22-2023, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm no prude. I've had several wh*rish chapters in my life(god I miss those days). But I don't want my FM trashy. I want my FM with melody, and harmony. WITH ZERO SCREAMING.

SYW should've been cut down to the best 8 songs by S&L, and added 4 Christine songs. THAT would've worked.
Definitely not a fan of Come either just to clarify. I thought it came across good live but the album version is crap.
Old 04-22-2023, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Of everything Lindsey's done between then and now, it's definitely his worst work IMO and Freedom was Stevie's last great song. For me, the four songs from the EP were stronger than everything combined on Say You Will.
it's always so interesting to see, the range of musical tastes in FM fans.

to me, Lindsey's SYW material (+all those other songs from his not-to-be 2001 solo album) was what made me a huge Lindsey fan that i still am.

his 90s era music was fantastic, and it moved in different direction from his early music in 70s and 80s. and that different direction was music that i absolutely adore.

so yes, i think Lindsey's mid to late 90s-era music is his strongest ever.

sure, i loved where he went with Seeds, and i enjoy his songs on BuckVie and Lindsey Buckingham 2021 album. and Second Hand News is probably still the most perfect little rocking pop song ever. but 90s were Lindsey's creative peak. he mellowed back up after that. he stuck to his guns and didn't try to go in many different directions after that. which is completely fine.

and so, while he was on his creative peak, he tried to take Fleetwood Mac in a new, different creative direction. he hoped maybe this time around Tusk-like push will work and other band members will finally accept and run with him too, and maybe they'll gain new audiences, or take their old audiences on a new journey with them.

looking at all the hate at Come, Red Rover and Murrow here, Fleetwood Mac historical fans were stuck in their ways, and did not care about evolving band. which is ok, we like what we like... still interesting to read.

when Destiny Rules started with that excerpt of Come? it was glorious! i was thinking - can't believe this is still FM, how great to hear this evolution!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2023, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Definitely not a fan of Come either just to clarify. I thought it came across good live
it's amazing live! highlight of any live LB show when he played it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2023, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is what should have happened. Way better, more consistent album than anything we got, too.

Buckingham Fleetwood McVie (1998)

The Right Place to Fade
Wait For You
Miranda
Red Rover
Murrow
Someone’s Gotta Change Your Mind

Down On Rodeo
Come
Steal Your Heart Away
Gift of Screws
Bleed to Love Her
Say Goodbye
you mean original Gift of Screws. yes, amazing album that never was and should have been released in late 90s!

add also The Singer not the Song and She Smiled Sweetly. Deep Dense would have been nice too! and that never finished crazy song called Steve's Riff.

Old 04-22-2023, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you mean original Gift of Screws. yes, amazing album that never was and should have been released in late 90s!

add also The Singer not the Song and She Smiled Sweetly. Deep Dense would have been nice too! and that never finished crazy song called Steve's Riff.
I thought of calling it “Gift of Screws,” but in my mind, it would have been released right around the HoF ceremony, and making it an eponymous album made more sense from a marketing standpoint.

I also didn’t want to water down the album with Stones covers. Lindsey’s original compositions were too strong for that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-22-2023, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s been 20 darn years and I STILL WANT to hear the full version of that instrumental snippet that is played on the Destiny Rules doc!!
Old 04-22-2023, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh man…does anyone remember from the SYW tour when Linsey would point his finger at ladies in the audience during “Come”😂😂😂😂
Old 04-22-2023, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
I thought of calling it “Gift of Screws,” but in my mind, it would have been released right around the HoF ceremony, and making it an eponymous album made more sense from a marketing standpoint.

I also didn’t want to water down the album with Stones covers. Lindsey’s original compositions were too strong for that.
i hear you.

you look at that list of songs and they are all amazing and really strong, not a dud between them (well, other than Say Goodbye but hey there's always one!).

i adore those Stones covers he did, but again, i hear you.

Old 04-22-2023, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i hear you.

you look at that list of songs and they are all amazing and really strong, not a dud between them (well, other than Say Goodbye but hey there's always one!).

i adore those Stones covers he did, but again, i hear you.
Wait a minute…Elle! You’re not a fan of Say Goodbye? I’m not a huge fan of that one either and it’s been my dirty little secret for YEARS.
Old 04-22-2023, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh man…does anyone remember from the SYW tour when Linsey would point his finger at ladies in the audience during “Come”😂😂😂😂
all the time! people are still talking about specific shows when they were Lindsey's Come girl!

Old 04-22-2023, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wait a minute…Elle! You’re not a fan of Say Goodbye? I’m not a huge fan of that one either and it’s been my dirty little secret for YEARS.
ha! i knew our tastes had to be similar!

i severely dislike both the sped up and the slow / live versions.

i mean intricate guitar parts are nice, but the song is Julio Iglesias kind of schlock that i never cared for.

Old 04-22-2023, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ha! i knew our tastes had to be similar!

i severely dislike both the sped up and the slow / live versions.

i mean intricate guitar parts are nice, but the song is Julio Iglesias kind of schlock that i never cared for.
Speaking of slowed down songs…the shady pines version of NGBA still takes home the trophy for being my least favorite of all time.
Old 04-22-2023, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
all the time! people are still talking about specific shows when they were Lindsey's Come girl!
Oh yeah, I remember reading those comments all the time about being one of the chosen!!

That was the tour of Stevie’s lasso dance during Say You Will and Lindsey’s Come finger…wow what kind of sentence did I just write!?
Old 04-22-2023, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Speaking of slowed down songs…the shady pines version of NGBA still takes home the trophy for being my least favorite of all time.
I love how they did it on the Say You Will tour. Once it went back to a LB only presentation it has gotten increasingly slow seemingly every time he plays it.