Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I added his post.
Thank you.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Jimmy Paxson's public post on FB, talking about BuckVie tour he did with her:

I can’t really muster all the words. She was incomparably cool… The tour we did was cooler than cool too… I can’t believe she’s left the physical realm. I’m completely shocked actually. I have a lot of fond memories… One that really sticks out is when I told her I was going to create cymbal stands out of mannikins and she replied “I guess the next question Jimmy is exactly what kind of drugs are you on ?”… She was fun, funny and full of love. I’ll never forget after that tour when I was rehearsing with Steve Miller and Billy Gibbons for a private event on which she too was on the bill and she walked in, propped herself up on a road case and just listened in joy as we rehearsed… I looked and said to myself “That’s Christine ****ing McVie, she’s so cool - why am I so calm ?” - yeah sure I was in her band and we were beyond comfortable playing together, but inside I’ve always been beyond enamored with everything Christine and I will love and miss her forever. This is truly shocking. Love to fans, family and friends everywhere. If you knew her you knew and if you didn’t just know that she was all the wonderful things you could imagine and more. I’m grateful for the times together (still shocked they even happened) and even more shocked at her passing. It is shocking to hear of her passing. Rest on songbird ll: ❤️x's ∞ ˛:ll Unreal.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-01-2022, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-01-2022, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Jimmy Paxson's public post on FB, talking about BuckVie tour he did with her:

I can’t really muster all the words. She was incomparably cool… The tour we did was cooler than cool too… I can’t believe she’s left the physical realm. I’m completely shocked actually. I have a lot of fond memories… One that really sticks out is when I told her I was going to create cymbal stands out of mannikins and she replied “I guess the next question Jimmy is exactly what kind of drugs are you on ?”… She was fun, funny and full of love. I’ll never forget after that tour when I was rehearsing with Steve Miller and Billy Gibbons for a private event on which she too was on the bill and she walked in, propped herself up on a road case and just listened in joy as we rehearsed… I looked and said to myself “That’s Christine ****ing McVie, she’s so cool - why am I so calm ?” - yeah sure I was in her band and we were beyond comfortable playing together, but inside I’ve always been beyond enamored with everything Christine and I will love and miss her forever. This is truly shocking. Love to fans, family and friends everywhere. If you knew her you knew and if you didn’t just know that she was all the wonderful things you could imagine and more. I’m grateful for the times together (still shocked they even happened) and even more shocked at her passing. It is shocking to hear of her passing. Rest on songbird ll: ❤️x's ∞ ˛:ll Unreal.
What kind of drugs are you on.

What a human being. How is someone like that? She had an ego. She had pride. She had a temper, but there was an all-encompassing spirit of selflessness where she was happy being another musician at core, not the star, not the boss. A musician with a magic voice and hooks for days. Falling, falling, falling.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ac-1234640008/

LAST GOODBYE
Lindsey Buckingham Remembers ‘Soul Mate’ Christine McVie in Handwritten Letter
Buckingham and McVie released a joint album, outside of their work in Fleetwood Mac, in 2017

BY TOMÁS MIER

DECEMBER 1, 2022

NEW YORK, NY - JUNE 09: Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie visit the SiriusXM Studio on June 9, 2017 in New York City. CINDY ORD/GETTY IMAGES FOR SIRIUSXM

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM IS the last of Fleetwood Mac’s star lineup to share a public tribute for his late bandmate Christine McVie. On Friday, a day after her death at age 79, Buckingham shared a handwritten note about his “musical comrade,” as he remembered the beloved Songbird‘s legacy and their chemistry.

“Christine McVie’s sudden passing is profoundly heartbreaking,” read the note, posted to Instagram. “Not only were she and I part of the magical family of Fleetwood Mac, to me Christine was a musical comrade, a friend, a soul mate, a sister.”

“For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today,” Buckingham added. “I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.”

McVie, who was the co-lead-vocalist, keyboardist, and songwriter for Fleetwood Mac, died Wednesday “following a short illness,” according to her family. In an interview with Rolling Stone back in June, McVie acknowledged that she was in “quite bad health.” She said she was struggling with a “chronic back problem,” though didn’t offer any further details.

She was a member of the band during its star years, joining Fleetwood Mac in 1970. Aside from a brief reunion, she returned to the group full-time in 2014, when according to Rolling Stone‘s Rob Sheffield, “the songbird regained her hunger to write.”

Along with working together in Fleetwood Mac, McVie and Buckingham released a joint album, Buckingham McVie, in 2017, featuring songs like “In My World” and “Lay Down for Free.” The project also had background appearances from fellow Fleetwood Mac members Fleetwood Mac and John McVie but missed an appearance from Stevie Nicks.

“They bring out something impressively nasty in each other, trading off songs in the mode of 1982’s Mirage – California sunshine on the surface, but with a heart of darkness,” read a Rolling Stone review about the joint project, referring to their musical synergy as “kinky chemistry.”

Following her death Wednesday, Fleetwood Mac shared a message to fans about her passing, calling McVie “truly one-of-a-kind” and “talented beyond measure.”

“She was the best musician anyone could have in their band and the best friend anyone could have in their life,” read the note. “We were so lucky to have a life with her. Individually and together, we cherished Christine deeply and are thankful for the amazing memories we have. She will be so very missed.”

Shortly after, Stevie Nicks — like Buckingham — posted a handwritten note for her “best friend.”

“A few hours ago I was told that my best friend in the whole world since the first day of 1975, had passed away. I didn’t even know she was Ill,” Nicks wrote in the letter, which she posted on social media. “Since Saturday, one song has been swirling around in my head, over and over and over. I thought I might possibly get to sing it to her and so, I’m singing it to her now. I always knew I would need these words one day.”

Nicks then quoted Haim’s “Hallelujah,” which reflects on the death of a friend and cherishing the memories they made. Nicks signed off her note by writing to McVie, “See you on the other side, my love. Don’t forget me.”

In a separate statement, Mick Fleetwood paid tribute to his longtime bandmate, “This is a day where my dear sweet Friend Christine McVie has taken to flight… and left us, earthbound folks, to listen with bated breath to the sounds of that ‘songbird,’ reminding one and all that love is all around us to reach for and touch in this precious life that is gifted to us.”

Last edited by elle; 12-01-2022 at 11:44 PM..
Old 12-02-2022, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, I held it together until I saw a video of Harry Styles singing “Songbird” last night just a few minutes ago.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-02-2022, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From Bekka's Facebook page: Graceful, Bright & Beautiful CHRISTINE McVIE⭐️
Thank You Dear ,Darling Songbird…. For the gift of Time.. the kindness and , for, indeed..the Music .
I’ll continue to Learn from You , Sweet Lady.🙏🏼❤️

Bekka's fan page also posted this photo which I'd never seen before.

Old 12-02-2022, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Bekka's fan page also posted this photo which I'd never seen before.
There were two photos from that. It was Mick, John, Christine, and Dave (Billy was out of the band at that point). There's one of them playing and one of them posing, with Bekka and Christine wearing fake beards.

ETA:While I can't find the one with them playing, I did see this:

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 12-02-2022 at 12:27 AM..
Old 12-02-2022, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Keith Urban did a nice tribute to Christine at his concert. He sang three of her songs and talked about her.
Old 12-02-2022, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I just watched Urban and it gave me chills. He sounded good and so touching. Beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR4sQzl3jbg
Old 12-02-2022, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I just watched Urban and it gave me chills. He sounded good and so touching. Beautiful.

Wow—of all the musical tributes, this one moved me the most. So earnest and intimate. And the crowd singing along without the lyrics posted on the screen behind him. And the lovely pictures of Christine herself. You can tell he truly dug her.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 12-02-2022 at 07:37 AM..
Old 12-02-2022, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A cool article:

https://www.theringer.com/music/2022...twood-mac-obit
Old 12-02-2022, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I completely lost it watching and listening to that. Wonderful.
Old 12-02-2022, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I completely lost it watching and listening to that. Wonderful.
Right?!

Also, the Chris Isaac and Jimmy Paxson tributes are cool to read.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
So, I held it together until I saw a video of Harry Styles singing “Songbird” last night just a few minutes ago.
It wasn't included in his setlist on Lima last tuesday; so it was a sudden beautiful tribute he made last night in Chile.