The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-02-2021, 09:19 AM
sleepless child's Avatar
sleepless child sleepless child is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 666
Default Brad Jeffries comment

June 4, 2019
I am fortunate to call her my friend.
What is Stevie Nicks like? What really happened with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac in 2018 (being replaced)?
Lindsey is a pain in the ass to work with, despite his once obvious talents. Stevie is a professional entertainer who quite honestly has never stopped touring for most of her career. I know of at least two incidents that Lindsey caused since ďThe DanceĒ, that quite frankly were the kinds of things an inexperienced unprofessional artist might tryÖ.at twenty. It is not my place to go into details here, but Stevie and the band were tired of Lindseyís ego etc.The truth is that Fleetwood Mac is a band that has withstood many incarnations,(and quite frankly I think the current is the best in decades), and these artists are in their seventies. Most people forget that touring and performing is a JOB. A very taxing one that is difficult when one is at the peak of their youth, never mind at the age that most people are taking Alaskan cruises. I donít think many people realize that Stevie has perfected her craft through a lifetime of hard work, while Lindsey has trouble filing small summer amphitheaters. He has never stopped being eaten up by jealousy of his ex-girlfriend because the Mac can fill arenas with Stevie. Without her, and with Lindsey they would be playing smaller venues and making much less $$$.

People outside the industry seem to forget something; itís called Show Business. Not Show pre-school. If Lindsey were integral to the success of the Macís touring, he would still be in the band. But he is not, and Stevie is. I hate to sound like a Stevie camp follower, itís just that numbers donít lie. Itís a businessÖnothing personal. Iím sure the tour is much smoother for EVERYONE touring right now!

I found this while reading twitter from someone I follow. She had posted this saying Brad really doesn't like Lindsey, the only reason I posted it in Rumours forum, was because of the comment he made about Lindsey and 2 incidents since The Dance tour. My only problem with his comments is that he probably never worked with Lindsey, and maybe never met him. He is only going by what Stevie told him. So maybe it's another tidbit into why she had him fired. His alluding to Lindsey not being as professional as Stevie is BS though.
__________________

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 05-02-2021, 09:39 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,577
Default

While everyone is going to flame him. Just remember....Stevie pays his bills (or at least used to). Stevie made him a bigger video star and Stevie has been loyal to him for decades. No surprise to be very loyal to her since they have been very close for decades.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and when mama pays your bills you say things like this. Has Lindsey purposely annoyed Stevie? Of course, too many times to count. Has Lindsey been jealous of Stevie's solo career? Of course it has always bothered him. These 2 have never been over each other and still find ways to go after each other.

Seriously, would anyone expect Brad to say something different?
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-02-2021, 09:47 AM
On Ice On Ice is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 521
Default

Nobody will ever really know what went on between these two over the years on a personal level, and nor should we really. I'm sure both contributed quite a lot to the pain in the ass incidents. I think I saw one in Vancouver in 1997 when standing in line to get into the show, we were informed the concert was cancelled due to an "illness" which the rumours swirled was anything but. I digress, what really matters to the fans is the work they've done together which has been nothing short of spectacular. Romanticism, of the greatest love story of all time, this is definitely no that and never has been. All of the handholding and forehead kissing was for show purposes and many bought into it over the years, making them very rich in the process.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-02-2021, 09:56 AM
sleepless child's Avatar
sleepless child sleepless child is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 666
Default

I agree they have both caused each other a lot of pain over the years. They probably should have split up the band after Rumours to save everyone's sanity. I also didn't realize how close he and Stevie have remained after all these years. I thought it was an interesting read from him. The things we learn after all these years from the internet. Everyone has a story/version. LOL
__________________

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-02-2021, 10:04 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,737
Default

Just another Chiffonhead, blathering on in worship of their queen.

Nothing to see here people, keep moving...
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-02-2021, 11:36 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,577
Default

Looking at the glass half full:
The Lindsey/Stevie drama sure has created some fantastic songs.
Dreams
Go Your Own Way
Kind of Woman
Silver Springs
Never Going Back Again

In later years each still proved many years after their breakup they were still writing songs about each other

Go Insane
Blue Denim

And I am only scratching the surface
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-02-2021, 11:58 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 3,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I agree they have both caused each other a lot of pain over the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Nobody will ever really know what went on between these two over the years on a personal level, and nor should we really.
I agree 100% with both. And, that both sure have caused lot of pain to the band sometines.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-02-2021, 12:20 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I agree 100% with both. And, that both sure have caused lot of pain to the band sometines.
But Then there are the things, that cast the doubt away. Those things that made me stay for so long.

I take my understanding of why Lindsey was fired from Stevie's interview with The 1975...
They weren't making new music anymore just doing concerts.

From that, I can see that she became The King or Queen because if they were a recording band, Lindsey is the Operations Manager. He was needed.

If they're just touring the oldies, why is Lindsey needed? They can have somebody else that she can turn her mic stand and sing harmony to.

She finally got to be in a band with a Heartbreaker (not creatively but a performing one) and she was able to become the frontperson of FM.

I saw 4 of the 2018-2019 shows. There's no question it was her show. Even when musicians were soloing, she was singing over them during Black Magic Woman.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-02-2021, 01:42 PM
Steviegirl Steviegirl is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
But Then there are the things, that cast the doubt away. Those things that made me stay for so long.

I take my understanding of why Lindsey was fired from Stevie's interview with The 1975...
They weren't making new music anymore just doing concerts.

From that, I can see that she became The King or Queen because if they were a recording band, Lindsey is the Operations Manager. He was needed.

If they're just touring the oldies, why is Lindsey needed? They can have somebody else that she can turn her mic stand and sing harmony to.

She finally got to be in a band with a Heartbreaker (not creatively but a performing one) and she was able to become the frontperson of FM.


I saw 4 of the 2018-2019 shows. There's no question it was her show. Even when musicians were soloing, she was singing over them during Black Magic Woman.
100%.
And to Brad J.: Hey, Dummy--you don't have to kiss her *** anymore. I doubt she's going to have you clomping around on-stage with your walker. Now if we could only get the viewpoint/opinion of the treadmill...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-02-2021, 02:48 PM
sleepless child's Avatar
sleepless child sleepless child is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
But Then there are the things, that cast the doubt away. Those things that made me stay for so long.

I take my understanding of why Lindsey was fired from Stevie's interview with The 1975...
They weren't making new music anymore just doing concerts.

From that, I can see that she became The King or Queen because if they were a recording band, Lindsey is the Operations Manager. He was needed.

If they're just touring the oldies, why is Lindsey needed? They can have somebody else that she can turn her mic stand and sing harmony to.

She finally got to be in a band with a Heartbreaker (not creatively but a performing one) and she was able to become the frontperson of FM.

I saw 4 of the 2018-2019 shows. There's no question it was her show. Even when musicians were soloing, she was singing over them during Black Magic Woman.
You are so right about this. It drove Lindsey crazy that Stevie wouldn't commit to a new record, but obviously she had thought this out and yes, touring brings the most money, adoration and you really don't need Lindsey. They did it before with Rick and Billy
__________________

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-02-2021, 05:21 PM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
June 4, 2019
I am fortunate to call her my friend.
What is Stevie Nicks like? What really happened with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac in 2018 (being replaced)?
Lindsey is a pain in the ass to work with, despite his once obvious talents. Stevie is a professional entertainer who quite honestly has never stopped touring for most of her career. I know of at least two incidents that Lindsey caused since ďThe DanceĒ, that quite frankly were the kinds of things an inexperienced unprofessional artist might tryÖ.at twenty. It is not my place to go into details here, but Stevie and the band were tired of Lindseyís ego etc.The truth is that Fleetwood Mac is a band that has withstood many incarnations,(and quite frankly I think the current is the best in decades), and these artists are in their seventies. Most people forget that touring and performing is a JOB. A very taxing one that is difficult when one is at the peak of their youth, never mind at the age that most people are taking Alaskan cruises. I donít think many people realize that Stevie has perfected her craft through a lifetime of hard work, while Lindsey has trouble filing small summer amphitheaters. He has never stopped being eaten up by jealousy of his ex-girlfriend because the Mac can fill arenas with Stevie. Without her, and with Lindsey they would be playing smaller venues and making much less $$$.

People outside the industry seem to forget something; itís called Show Business. Not Show pre-school. If Lindsey were integral to the success of the Macís touring, he would still be in the band. But he is not, and Stevie is. I hate to sound like a Stevie camp follower, itís just that numbers donít lie. Itís a businessÖnothing personal. Iím sure the tour is much smoother for EVERYONE touring right now!

I found this while reading twitter from someone I follow. She had posted this saying Brad really doesn't like Lindsey, the only reason I posted it in Rumours forum, was because of the comment he made about Lindsey and 2 incidents since The Dance tour. My only problem with his comments is that he probably never worked with Lindsey, and maybe never met him. He is only going by what Stevie told him. So maybe it's another tidbit into why she had him fired. His alluding to Lindsey not being as professional as Stevie is BS though.
Is Brad on Twitter? I would love to read any of the comments and maybe post a few of my own. EDIT I found his post. It is on Quora and it is too old to comment on.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 05-02-2021 at 05:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-02-2021, 06:22 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
at least two incidents that Lindsey caused since “The Dance”, that quite frankly were the kinds of things an inexperienced unprofessional artist might try….at twenty.
i have no idea who this guy is and why would his opinion matter especially since he tells right at the start that he blindly takes everything stevie says as gospel truth - but he's basically saying Lindsey was ousted by Stevie over twice behaving like a 20 year old in the last 21 years? considering Stevie behaves like she never even reached 20 yet at over 70. says all you need to know.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-02-2021, 06:35 PM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i have no idea who this guy is and why would his opinion matter especially since he tells right at the start that he blindly takes everything stevie says as gospel truth - but he's basically saying Lindsey was ousted by Stevie over twice behaving like a 20 year old in the last 21 years? considering Stevie behaves like she never even reached 20 yet at over 70. says all you need to know.
Brad is the guy who dances in several of her 80's videos. Apparently he now works as a Massage Therapist. But I would take what he says with a grain if salt. Do you think he would really tell the truth about someone he used to work for and considers a friend?

I love how he says he knows of 2 incidents but then says it's not his place to say which likely means its BS.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-04-2021, 12:06 AM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i have no idea who this guy is and why would his opinion matter especially since he tells right at the start that he blindly takes everything stevie says as gospel truth - but he's basically saying Lindsey was ousted by Stevie over twice behaving like a 20 year old in the last 21 years? considering Stevie behaves like she never even reached 20 yet at over 70. says all you need to know.
Go to YouTube and watch some of the spectacular choreography Brad has done, then tell me you donít respect his opinion. Why what are your favorite music videos? I bet your bottom dollar Brad is probably behind them!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved